Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 09:52 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times

Advertisements

I just thought it would be through a long tunnel and jam packed with the dead..no way did I want to be there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 09:28 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,178,984 times
Like the OP I saw it as a white room without much to do, a puzzling place....there would be a lot of praising Him like the angels did all the time. I used to wonder a lot, why would He care about that blabbering.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:07 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Some weird place in the sky or outer space with bright light, dead relatives, Jesus, and the Christian God.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:11 PM

662 posts, read 312,978 times
When I was told about heaven when I was little, I got the full evangelical version of it. You either go burn in a lake of fire, or you go to "heaven." Heaven was supposed to have mansions and streets of gold with everybody hanging out singing hymns and worshiping god for all eternity. I wondered as a kid, "That sounds awful. Could I just go tell god I don't like it here and would rather just die permanently and have him zap me totally gone?"

Even after years of evangelical church attendance, I never was able to imagine my church's version of heaven as being anything other than terribly boring, like a cosmic sized church.

I left church after going for over 30 years and while I don't really think "heaven" exists, I also know that no one can no for sure if there is an afterlife or not. My thoughts are its about a 50/50 chance that there is something of significance that last for a while after we blink out of this world. If I were to design my own heaven, it would just be something connected with loved ones I've shared life with.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:48 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,902,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Like the OP I saw it as a white room without much to do, a puzzling place....there would be a lot of praising Him like the angels did all the time. I used to wonder a lot, why would He care about that blabbering.
Especially when everybody around His throne is falling down on their faces like a barroom full of drunks.

Quote:
And the twenty-four elders seated on their thrones before God fell on their faces saying "Thish ish shtupid fallin' down all the (hic) time"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality