U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM

4,832 posts, read 3,976,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Today.....today, you've all once again heard truth! To whom much is given, much is required! All of you, have great minds. Here's to finding your destiny's!! I have faith though, SOME will come! Bless you.

YouTube - People get ready... Jesus is coming by CRYSTAL LEWIS

With much Love, Betsey
Man, I still love this song despite the message ringing hallow now. The musical composition is just amazing. I knew that chick from the time she came on the scene of Christian music. White girl with black woman's voice.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 05-29-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 PM

4,890 posts, read 5,277,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Man, I still love this song despite the message ringing hallow now. The musical composition is just amazing. I knew that chick from the time she came on the scent of Christian music. White girl with black woman's voice.

Personally, I always preferred Soprano vocals singing about Gnosticism:

YouTube - Final Fantasy 7- The Divine Conspiracy

"Reach out, touch infinity
Life is just a memory
Time is not the entity
Like it used to be

The Divine Conspiracy
Opens up the reality
Time is not the entity
Like it claims to be"

Old 05-29-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraysse View Post
Hey VickyP:

You are correct, the OT god is evil and can not be the same “god” as the Father to which Jesus refers. I don’t think Gnostics believe in hell either, right?
There is a Hell...it is a world in which a child can be raped, genocide can happen, and people die or starvation all while the creator laughs. Hell is a place called "Earth" and it is ruled by a tyrannt named "Yahwah", "Allah" and "god". Through Gnosis, the divine understanding of the transpersonal GOD that is above the creator, we can achieve Heaven, even in Hell (btw, Jesus never said you had to die to get to Heaven)

Ohh, and I am a dude, btw...

Quote:
Ever read The Antithesis by Marcion? This book pointed out the same problems between the OT and NT “gods”, some 1900 years ago. It was a problem then and remains a severe problem for many to this day.

Marcionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marcion believed that following Jesus was diametrically opposed to Judaism. He rejected the entire Hebrew Bible and ultimately concluded that the Hebrew OT “god” was the source of evil. I mostly agree with Marcion on both points but I'm not willing to throw everything out, just the obvious evil and blood sacrifice stuff.
Marcion understand most of the issues, but not all of them. He was not a Gnostic. Also, Paul was just a poseur who ended up founding the Nicene/orthodox religion. He had no real connection with the Apostles and just met them briefly then bounced. The real heir to the church of god was Simon Magus, who is even mentioned in the canonical gospels in Acts 8:9-24...notice how his story trails off and is left unresolved? Well, it is resolved, in the Gnostic writings of his students that the church had burned...along with the Gnostics themselves...

Quote:
Strangely (to me) however, Marcion did not seem to reject the pagan idea of Blood Sacrifice nor much of Paul’s writings which clearly established the death of Jesus as a required atonement. Paul was obviously a Jew and, as such, was completely sold on the idea that “god” required appeasement of some kind, Jesus being the ultimate solution.
That is because he was not a Gnostic. We understand that Christ did not die for our "sins". Original sin is not ours, but is the creator, Yaldabaoth's. All that happened in the Garden was that man wanted knowledge. Who was the real bad guy, the Serpent, or the warden of the pretty jail that was the garden?

Quote:
Also the Documentary Hypothesis Who wrote the 5 books of Moses? (a.k.a. the Pentateuch, the books of the Law, the Torah) provides a very believable and rational insight into how the OT was written and generally helps explain why (fear, control and the perpetuation of the Priesthood/Religious Bureaucracy).
Look...the movie the Matrix makes it easy to understand. The god of the OT is the Machines, the world is the Matrix, Gnosis is the Red Pill, Jesus is Neo, and the true GOD is the city of Zion that the Matrix does not want you to know about.

What would Christ have said to the god of the OT if he had the chance?...

YouTube - THE MATRIX ENDING/ BOURNE STYLE "moby-extreme ways

Quote:
The old testament “god” has been perplexing humans and toxifying the Big Three Abrahamic Faiths for Millennia. Unfortunately, it seems we like it that way. Glad you have seen through it!
Reason we "like it that way" is the purpose of life, as bleak as it sounds: We were created and designed to provide entertainment and praise for our creator in the form of suffering for his amusement and kissing his celestial rump in "worship". That is why life exists on this planet. BUT, we can "grow beyond our programming" so to speak and come to know GOD, within and without. As the Scripture says:
Whoever, then, is able to get free of these three voices I have just mentioned and come by means of another voice to confess the God of truth and agree in everything concerning him, he is immortal dwelling in the midst of mortal men. -Eugnostos, the Blessed

Quote:
In His Love, John (sorry for Hi Jacking this thread)
This thread is about "truth", and we are talking about "a truth", hence, no hijacking....

Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 PM

May all please observe that Betsy Lane, like all Nicenes, cannot answer the questions...once again, Gnosticism prevails in the face of Satanic creator worship.

YouTube - Queen - Another One Bites The Dust

Old 05-29-2009, 09:16 PM

138 posts, read 96,732 times
Hey Nikongirl25 and Fred314x:

Certainly you are not going to hell, unless you are going on tour to the Jerusalem outskirts. The Orthodox Jews of your faith do not believe in hell! Hell was added and standardized as a concept by the 4th Century Christians, that is, the Roman Catholic Church. There is a Jewish link however.

During the life of Jesus, all the rubbish of Jerusalem was burnt outside the city in a place called “Gehenna”. It is the word “Gehenna” that is translated “Hell” by the King James Bible and many other translations. Consequently, Hell is literally a garbage dump!

When a Jew died, it was customary that they be buried before sundown to honor their life. But for evil men (ex: murderers and traitors) receiving dishonor, ridicule and shame, the body was, many times, cast into a fire or a rubbish heap. Dead “Enemies of Israel” were also treated in this manner on occasion.

Being condemned to Gehenna not only meant death, but also extreme dishonor. If Jesus actually said anything bout “hell” it was very likely the sense of Gehenna - an extreme place of dishonor and defilement after ones death – NOT a real place in the afterlife characterized by unspeakable torment for the “undead” for all eternity.

Grace & Peace, John

Old 05-29-2009, 10:32 PM

5,356 posts, read 3,473,635 times
I know this can be a little confusing Nikongirl25 and Fred314x, so let me try to explain it to you.

You are doomed. DOOMED!

This is because a long time ago some guy named Adam ate fruit from the wrong tree. Naturally, God will want to punish you two for that by forcing you to spend eternity in hell. Sounds reasonable so far, right?

But the Romans did find a way for all of us to escape hell. They discovered that if they killed God's son, Jesus, God would forgive us. By killing Jesus, it made God so happy that he forgave us for Adam eating the wrong fruit. Because no matter how evil it was to eat the wrong fruit, God thought it was twice as awesome to kill Jesus.

That's why the Roman's were God's chosen people, and why we humans worship them today. By killing jesus, they allowed us all to be forgiven for Adam eating the wrong fruit. This made God happy, so he decided he wouldn't torment humans in hell for eternity, (assuming they would acknowledge that the Roman's killed Jesus so God wouldn't punish us forever for Adam eating eating the wrong fruit. Obviously.)

Does it make sense now?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 PM

5,162 posts, read 5,809,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I know this can be a little confusing Nikongirl25 and Fred314x, so let me try to explain it to you.

You are doomed. DOOMED!

This is because a long time ago some guy named Adam ate fruit from the wrong tree. Naturally, God will want to punish you two for that by forcing you to spend eternity in hell. How could you expect otherwise?

But the Romans did provide away to escape hell. It The Romans killed God's son, Jesus. By killing Jesus, it made it okay that the Adam guy ate the wrong fruit. (No matter how evil it was to eat that fruit, killing jesus was so awesome that it made it okay.)

That's why the Roman's were God's chosen people, and why we humans worship them today. By killing jesus, they allowed us all to be forgiven for Adam eating the wrong fruit. This made God happy, so he decided he wouldn't kill people who would acknowledge that the Roman's killed Jesus so God wouldn't punish us forever for Adam eating eating the wrong fruit.

Does it make sense now?
If I drink a whole bottle or rum then read that over, it might just connect with me. Otherwise, it makes no sense at all.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 AM

267 posts, read 450,317 times
Ah but you see, I was asking Betsey why she believes we are going to hell... when I was never taught about hell, for as we don't believe in such a place.

I know I have my stuff right with God. When I die, I'm going to go back to be with HIM. Hell is a fairy tale told to kids to scare them into believing in "do this how we say or you'll be punished FOREVER". Bah, I just don't buy into it.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:07 PM

138 posts, read 96,732 times
Quote:
Hell is a fairy tale told to kids to scare them into believing in "do this how we say or you'll be punished FOREVER". Bah, I just don't buy into it.
Good for you, NikonGirl! I was just making sure you weren't buying the BS! Didn't mean to insult your intelligence if I did!
Grace & Peace, John

Old 05-30-2009, 03:11 PM

895 posts, read 1,563,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
My excuse is that your "all knowing and powerful god" for some reason told a tiny group of people in a desert instead of telling the entire world like the chinese,japanese native americans etc and therefore damning millions of people to hell. My excuse is that in japan buddha and amaterasu are more important than "god" or "jesus". 99% of japanese have absolutely 0 belief in jesus and we have no reason to believe in him at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality