Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:28 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Actually it was Tinkerbell
At one time I found the UFO explanation quite attractive. Though I agree Tinkerbell is more cute that your average alien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 07:17 PM

205 posts, read 239,493 times
You know you guys have bored me. I don't see why it is so hard for you to believe that God has come down here to save us so we can live with him for ever. You want facts and unquestionable evidence the sad thing when you receive that proof it will be too late for you. Jesus said believe and you will be saved not hard thing to do when you use just some simple horse sense God = perfection you = imperfection it is like putting a round peg square hole. Something has to give Jesus did it all for us by coming down here and taking our sins and being the missing formula so we can live with God after our life on this earth is finished.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:05 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
You know you guys have bored me. I don't see why it is so hard for you to believe that God has come down here to save us so we can live with him for ever. You want facts and unquestionable evidence the sad thing when you receive that proof it will be too late for you. Jesus said believe and you will be saved not hard thing to do when you use just some simple horse sense God = perfection you = imperfection it is like putting a round peg square hole. Something has to give Jesus did it all for us by coming down here and taking our sins and being the missing formula so we can live with God after our life on this earth is finished.
Some of us have tried your religion and found it wanting.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
You can't prove it. That's why we don't believe. You claim that your beliefs are true yet you fail to provide proof that substantiates your claim. Why do you not believe in the millions of other unsubstantiated claims that people make? If you want to know why atheists/agnostics don't accept the truth of your god belief, all you have to do is look at why you don't believe in the many other claims you find to be unsubstantive. Interestingly, most atheists would be bored by you. Satisfactory claims are substantiated by empirically verified evidence. So far you have not given such evidence.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times
Quote:
If you think it's so easy for us to believe then I beg upon you to take 24 hours of your life and just not believe. Can you do that? Can you throw what you feel is truth out the window for just 24 hours?

If you can't, than why do you think it should be so simple for us to throw out our stances on religion for an entire lifetime?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:56 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
If you think it's so easy for us to believe then I beg upon you to take 24 hours of your life and just not believe. Can you do that? Can you throw what you feel is truth out the window for just 24 hours?

If you can't, than why do you think it should be so simple for us to throw out our stances on religion for an entire lifetime?

THAT is an excellent point! I've never thought of it that way.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:16 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
I've heard of your so-called Savior and Messiah, even heard of your sacred book, I just don't believe in them.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Not religion my friend that is what is wrong with America too much. Christianity is a relationship between God and man. Religion is trying to do something for God
God doesn't need any of us, he wants us to know what he has done for us.

Last edited by baront70; 10-26-2009 at 06:55 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 06:38 PM

if you have tried religion please tell me what happened to change it? I bet it was religious beliefs and people that told you this what the Christian life is all about.

Last edited by baront70; 10-26-2009 at 06:53 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Okay let's say I did go 24 hours and threw away everything about God. Please tell me you intelligent unbelievers what the hell is life all about and what the hell is the point of life? You live for about okay lets give you 80 years. You start figuring life out at about 30 you have a good 20 years with no pain or disease. You buy a house and slave to pay for it if you are real lucky you keep the same spouse so you don't have to start all over again. You work your whole life for your house and children and to have this glorious retirement. Then when they get older and need care they take your money ship you off to a nursing home never to see you again. You are full of aches and pains the pharmaceutical companies love you thou and then you die. What is the freaken point you have nothing to live for!!!!!
Unless you have came up with mortality and perfect environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality