Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:32 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How do you know he's not a geniune seeker and been drawn to this forum looking for answers.
I took him for his word.

"I can't love a being who torments my mother in hell.

Good enough?"

"Since my non-Christian mother is now dead, I could never be happy in heaven knowing she's screaming in hell."

"What a horrible choice to make. One wonders how this religion can be called "good news"."

"I don't want to live at all if it involves human beings being tormented forever. I'm just not enough of a sociopath to be a Christian."

"I could never be happy in heaven knowing that people I loved are writhing in eternal torment, even if they made the wrong "choice". Could you?"

"I reject Christianity; no help needed, but thanks."

Quote:
No one ones is proposing lying to him, but sharing the gospel with him which is not you are going to hell with your mother if you do not believe
No, that's a part of the Gospel. You want to tell itching ears what they want to hear.

Quote:
This is the point i was trying to make earlier to you , even if the hell you believed in existed , the message of the gospel is not about hell but about Gods demonstration of love to all mankind .
No, it's about God's Grace which is required because we screw things up and deserve to be punished for it. Even when we do good things, we still don't make up for our sins. Yet God, looks past that and provides us the opportunity to be saved but salvation is conditional. We must accept the gift as no gift can be forced. That's the message of the Gospel. You can find it in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Quote:
Forget doctrinal differences for one moment and read what you are posting it lacks 100% the essence of the gospel which is God is love.

I love him because He first loved me
You pretend with "putting doctrinal differences" aside but your post was based on your doctrine. Nice try but you're a NoGo at this station soldier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
No, it's about God's Grace which is required because we screw things up and deserve to be punished for it. Even when we do good things, we still don't make up for our sins. Yet God, looks past that and provides us the opportunity to be saved but salvation is conditional. We must accept the gift as no gift can be forced. That's the message of the Gospel. You can find it in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John

Scripture please

Forget doctrinal differences for one moment and read what you are posting it lacks 100% the essence of the gospel which is God is love.

Alright let me say it this way:Read what you are posting it lacks 100% the essence of the gospel which is God is love.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
No, it's about God's Grace which is required because we screw things up and deserve to be punished for it. Even when we do good things, we still don't make up for our sins. Yet God, looks past that and provides us the opportunity to be saved but salvation is conditional. We must accept the gift as no gift can be forced. That's the message of the Gospel. You can find it in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John

Scripture please

Alright let me say it this way:Read what you are posting it lacks 100% the essence of the gospel which is God is love.
What does that even mean? The "essence" (as you refer to it) of the gospel is Law to the proud and grace to the humble.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:

Scripture please

Lol, you just rebuked someone in another thread for asking for Scripture.

Secondly, you challenged how I knew nightflight wasn't a true seeker and I provided you abundant evidence that he was not yet you can't even man up and say "my bad, you were right about that." This just shows you have no integrity. You are in a game trying to score points and can't afford to lose one by admitting someone else was actually right but I'm not surprised. This is a repeating pattern among Universalists.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What does that even mean? The "essence" (as you refer to it) of the gospel is Law to the proud and grace to the humble.
The essence of the gospel is God's love to all of mankind , demonstrated through dying for us while we yet sinners .

Old 05-24-2009, 07:07 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:

"I can't love a being who torments my mother in hell.

Good enough?"

"Since my non-Christian mother is now dead, I could never be happy in heaven knowing she's screaming in hell."

"What a horrible choice to make. One wonders how this religion can be called "good news"."

"I don't want to live at all if it involves human beings being tormented forever. I'm just not enough of a sociopath to be a Christian."

"I could never be happy in heaven knowing that people I loved are writhing in eternal torment, even if they made the wrong "choice". Could you?"
This doesn't mean that he isn't a seeker. God bless.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:08 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
The essence of the gospel is God's love to all of mankind , demonstrated through dying for us while we yet sinners .
I don't disagree but that alone does not save?

(1 Corinthians 1:18) "For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Old 05-24-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Yet it's conditional as He states ever so succinctly.

""For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times
John 3
Quote:
15that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,
16for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during. 17For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him; (YLT)

Many will be condemned and will perish in this age. Many will have aionios life, the life of knowing God and Jesus whom He has sent. Eventually all will be restored to the Father. (Ephesians 1, Colossians 1) God bless.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:28 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
nightflight is actually FAR closer to TRUTH than most Christians.

nightflight, what you are rejecting is what you are SUPPOSED to reject. It means you are actually using what God gave us, a mind and a heart.

I wouldn't worship a god who created a human being and then turned His back on that human being forever.

That god would not be worthy of worship.

Thankfully, this god is not real. Thankfully the god of eternal-RIDICULOUS-torment is a god of vain imaginations of man. He is a god they CAN worship because their hearts have not been softened enough to see HUMAN BEINGS when they look at the rest of mankind.

Let one of THEIR loved ones die and let THEM wonder about their loved one suffering in so-called hellfire. Either they will go insane, they will block off the love they once felt for their loved one, or they will finally get on the road to truth.

Once you understand just how much God loves us, and once a person understands the meaning of this life (which is to LEARN. Which is to understand the difference between good and evil, which in turn is basically a study in the contrast between LOVE and NON-LOVE. We are here to LEARN what LOVE is. So that we will ALL finally understand WHO God is! And so that will all live in harmony as the brothers and sisters that we ARE.) Once God starts to fill your heart with love for your fellow mankind, it just keeps expanding outwards.

Just as the universe is ever-expanding, so our hearts become the same... ever-expanding....

LOVE is what it is all about. Love for your neighbor. Do you people understand just how many NEIGHBORS you have? Do you not know that ALL of humanity is your neighbor? Do you not know that the animal world that God has created is YOUR NEIGHBOR?? Do you not know that the natural world that He has created all around you is YOUR NEIGHBOR???

Well, you will know them by their fruits. Do you know why? Because when you realize that your neighbor is your brother, and that God loves them, you love them too. It doesn't happen immediately, but the more God's love for all settles into your heart and into your soul, ALL of the fruits of the spirit start to manifest in your being. Because you SEE THROUGH exteriors to the person within. You see past EVERYTHING and see a person's heart.
Just the way God sees us.

Being purified is allowing God to take your heart and turn it into a heart that loves ALL. NO MATTER WHAT.

Even if someone were to come and murder my family. I KNOW that God has put the kind of love into my heart that I would be able to somehow forgive. I KNOW THIS. IN MY HEART. Because I have already FORGIVEN and have LOVE for those who caused the death of my mother. There is NOTHING anyone can do, to make me NOT see them as a brother or a sister anymore. It is IMPOSSIBLE. God has put THAT kind of LOVE into my heart. I mean this with every inch of my being. This is not some frivolous thing. This is the most serious thing I've ever said on any forum.

Because GOD loves us this much. Because God forgave and loved the people that tried to murder HIM. The nail marks in his hands we will one day gaze upon and wonder.... Mankind did this to Him, and STILL HE LOVES. What is God trying to tell us?? Do you GET IT NOW??????

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality