U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,519,728 times

Advertisements

This fuss is over all of us, nightflight because God loves us. He did not create anyone to burn in an everlasting hell. Jesus gave His precious life for us and we believe that He is the Savior of the world. In God's love He gave Jesus who died for us all and He will get all. Thanks for sharing and God bless you, nightflight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 AM

28,550 posts, read 18,998,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
All this fuss over lil' ol' me?

I appreciate the concern, mostly from the UR people here, but the doctrine of eternal punishment is not the main reason I reject Christianity, its that I cannot reconcile theistic religion with science, specifically biological evolution. I know that there are Christians who do accept evolution; John Polkinghorne, Keith Ward, Ken Miller etc., but I cannot.
Nightflight i can only speak for myself but there was a time when i actually believed the doctrine of eternal torment ,i no longer do due to God opening my eyes to His heart and His heart for all mankind through shedding light on the scriptures in references to his plan for all mankind to be saved.

Just like you there was a time in my life when there was no way on earth i could reconcile God not sending all unbelievers to hell to the belief i have now.

God removed the veil from eyes to see that He truelly is the savior of all mankind , i also believe he is doing the same thing in your life right at this moment in time.

The fact that you said you cannot reconcile theistic religion to science tells me you have at least considered it which also tells me you have an open heart

Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM

193 posts, read 237,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
All this fuss over lil' ol' me?

I appreciate the concern, mostly from the UR people here, but the doctrine of eternal punishment is not the main reason I reject Christianity, its that I cannot reconcile theistic religion with science, specifically biological evolution. I know that there are Christians who do accept evolution; John Polkinghorne, Keith Ward, Ken Miller etc., but I cannot.
FWIW, some things in this life may be beyond me. I don't particularly put any faith whatsoever in evolution....maybe it's accounted for in Genesis. My faith doesn't stand or fall by evolution. no way.

Just like the shroud of turin......would be nice and science has made many claims. but my faith doesn't rest on something like that. When I read about Jesus.....and even the length the apostles went to.....no way.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 AM

5,161 posts, read 7,909,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
No. That's not the question I asked. Just wanted to know if you've heard the good news, that's all.
Don't try to change your words now. To say you need an "excuse" to not hear about your religion implies that the people who haven't are at fault somehow.
Quote:
PS: I don't do "RELIGION",
Belief in the Christian god is a religious belief, whether you admit it or not.
Quote:
but I do have a R-E-L-A-T-I-O-N-S-H-I-P with the same God that created you, whether you believe it or not. No one's condemning you, at least not I.
1. Having a "relationship" with an invisible man in the sky that hasn't even been proven to exist is sillier than having an internet relationship.
2. My parents created me.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,332,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Don't try to change your words now. To say you need an "excuse" to not hear about your religion implies that the people who haven't are at fault somehow.

Belief in the Christian god is a religious belief, whether you admit it or not.

1. Having a "relationship" with an invisible man in the sky that hasn't even been proven to exist is sillier than having an internet relationship.
2. My parents created me.
1. I'm speaking about the one's who have heard, have heard...go back to the original post. (That would be the FIRST ONE).

. To the one's that have'nt heard, and maybe there's some, I could'nt have been implying that they are somehow at fault, I'm on the internet, hello? To have access to an internet, you have access to THE GOOD NEWS!!

3. Again, I, and I'm speaking for self....have a relationship with Jesus Christ, not man and all their set rules and regulations of do's and don't! And believe me, each denomination comes with their own. I follow Christ Jesus and everything HE has to say about entering into a relationship with Him and staying there!

. Having a relationship with an invisible man in the sky that have'nt been proven is silly to you, NOW! But you know what they say......LNCL!! (Laugh Now Cry Later). If only you'll believe.

PS:
By the way, He's only as invisible as the air you breathe, guess you don't need that either huh?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
1. I'm speaking about the one's who have heard, go back to the original post. (That would be the FIRST ONE).
Quote:
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
Then why did you even type the first sentence? It was a waste of time. And no, nobody is at fault for not believing what you believe. Trying to instill a sense of guilt in people is not the way to go if you're really looking for converts. Not to say that that isn't the reason many don't believe.
Quote:
2. To the one's that have'nt heard, and maybe there's some, I could'nt have been implying that they are somehow at fault, I'm on the internet, hello? To have access to an internet, you have access to THE GOOD NEWS!!
Calling your beliefs "good news" is an opinion. And Japan is one of the most advanced nations as far as technology goes. I don't think they really care about your "good news".
Quote:
3. Again, I and I'm speaking for self....have a relationship with Jesus Christ, not man and all their set rule and man-made list of do's and don't! And believe me, each denomination comes with their own. I follow Christ Jesus and everything HE has to say about entering into a relationship with Him!
Everybody picks and chooses which parts of the bible they want to follow. Therefore, they create their own religion. You're no exception, unless of course you stone disobedient children and abstain from eating shrimp.
Quote:
4. Having a relationship with an invisible man in the sky that ha'nt been proven is silly to you, NOW! But you know what they say......LNCL!! (Laugh Now Cry Later). If only you'll believe.
I guess trying to make people feel guilty isn't enough for you. Instilling fear doesn't work either. *Yawns*.
Quote:
PS: By the way, He's only as invisible as the air you breathe, guess you don't need that either?
You can prove air exists.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Then why did you even type the first sentence? It was a waste of time. And no, nobody is at fault for not believing what you believe. Trying to instill a sense of guilt in people is not the way to go if you're really looking for converts. Not to say that that isn't the reason many don't believe.

Calling your beliefs "good news" is an opinion. And Japan is one of the most advanced nations as far as technology goes. I don't think they really care about your "good news".

Everybody picks and chooses which parts of the bible they want to follow. Therefore, they create their own religion. You're no exception, unless of course you stone disobedient children and abstain from eating shrimp.

I guess trying to make people feel guilty isn't enough for you. Instilling fear doesn't work either. *Yawns*.

You can prove air exists.

Of course you can prove air exist! You can hear it, you can feel! Never said you could'nt. You can prove God exist also, if you want to! What does the two have in common though?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You can prove God exist also, if you want to!
This statement implies that "proof" is in your head and isn't objective.

Concrete proof is undeniable and not open to debate. There has never been concrete proof of a god.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
This statement implies that "proof" is in your head and isn't objective.

Concrete proof is undeniable and not open to debate. There has never been concrete proof of a god.

There's concrete proof that air exist, that wind exist, right? Haaziq? Tell me about it! By the way....who's debating? I have enough proof's that God exist, you are the one who don't believe it!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
There's concrete proof that air exist, that wind exist, right? Haaziq? Tell me about it!
Do humans not need to breathe oxygen to survive?

Were you asleep in your science classes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or