Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 11:08 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
Honestly even if you did join a sect of Christianity and prayed to Jesus, you will still find an endless number of Christians from other sects who say you are doomed to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
I'm here, and so are you.......
That proves nothing besides the fact that I exist. Connecting existence to a god concept without first proving that that god exists is faulty logic.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:13 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Default Yes, do continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Don't waste your time. Your post is just going to be a set-up for a circular argument.

"All those other gods are false."
"Why?"
"Because my god says so."
"Why is your god right?"
"Because the bible says he is."
"Why is the bible right?"
"Because it's the word of god."
"How do you know it's the word of god?"
"Because the bible says so."
"How do you know the bible is right?"
"Because it's the word of god."

Do I need to continue?

You want to know what I do find "questioning"? Why would any self-professed atheist waste their time trying to so adamantly disprove a God they don't believe in, in the first place? Or, is it deep down inside, you don't really believe that? Just curious? Are you unconsciously seeking?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
That proves nothing besides the fact that I exist. Connecting existence to a god concept without first proving that that god exists is faulty logic.
On the contrary.....you are here for a reason! I'm here for a reason, maybe you just have'nt found your "purpose"? God does'nt make mistakes.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
You want to know what I do find "questioning"? Why would any self- professed atheist waste their time trying to so adamantly disprove a God they don't believe in, in the first place?
It's not a matter of disproving anything. It's a matter of pointing out that if you make a claim, the burden is on you to prove it. You're claiming your god exists, but you can't prove it.
Quote:
Or, is it deep down inside, you don't really believe that? Just curious? Are you unconsciously seeking?
Don't make me laugh.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
On the contrary.....you are here for a reason! I'm here for a reason, maybe you just have'nt found your "purpose"? God does'nt make mistakes.
Proof?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:19 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Hmm, i thought you were here cause mommy and daddy decided they want to have children.
My dog is here for the same reason as you are. So are bugs, mosquitoes, ticks, ants, and fruit flies.....

Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
So are bugs, mosquitoes, ticks, ants, and fruit flies.....
And viruses and bacteria.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
And viruses and bacteria.
...and trees and pavement.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Proof?
Take a good look around you. Take a good look inside yourself. The proof is all around you, the proof is you. But, how would you even know it's the proof that you need, if you reject it so adamantly? Do you not have purpose of being here?

If you are already sold out on, "No! God does'nt exist", then how are you to believe anything anyone say to you? Then anything I say to you is pointless.

Are you really willing to accept the answer? How neutral are you? To truth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality