Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Do humans not need to breathe oxygen to survive?

Were you asleep in your science classes?

No, actually I never bought into the "Big Bang" theory! So tell me about the air/wind and how you know it exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Whether someone on CD has or hasn't heard of JC doesn't really matter. Ultimately a person would be told "they heard it wrong"..

Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
No, actually I never bought into the "Big Bang" theory! So tell me about the air/wind and how you know it exist.
Way to try to twist the subject. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money you can't even explain to me what the Big Bang was.

And if you're trying to argue that there is no concrete proof that air and wind exist, then all I can say is you obviously didn't pay attention in science class. Not only that, but to deny wind when you experience it nearly everyday is nothing short of ridiculous.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Way to try to twist the subject. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money you can't even explain to me what the Big Bang was.

And if you're trying to argue that there is no concrete proof that air and wind exist, then all I can say is you obviously didn't pay attention in science class. Not only that, but to deny wind when you experience it nearly everyday is nothing short of ridiculous.
Yes, exactly........to deny God when you experience it nearly everyday is like YOU said:......... "nothing short of ridiculous".

He's the very air you breathe! The very air! And like the air and the wind, that you CAN'T SEE, YOU KNOW HE EXIST! That's what the common denominator is!

See, it all boils down to believing does'nt it?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Yes, exactly........to deny God when you experience it nearly everyday is like YOU said:......... "nothing short of ridiculous".

He's the very air you breathe! The very air! And like the air and the wind, that you CAN'T SEE, YOU KNOW HE EXIST! That's what the common denominator is!

See, it all boils down to believing does'nt it?
Like I said, you can't prove your god exists. Air is a combination of gasses, including nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, and other gasses. They are detectable and can be proven by scientific means. On the other hand, you can't prove that there is an invisible man in the sky. Comparing something like the concept of a god to air shows you don't really understand what "proof" is. Unless you can provide concrete, scientific proof of your god, then all you're doing is presenting a baseless opinion. Every gas that exists in air is detectable. Show me how your god is detectable. Don't worry, I'll wait.

P.S. Actually, it boils down to accepting what can be proven and rejecting things based on blind faith.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?

Have you've heard of Allah?? What's your excuse?

Have you've heard of Buddha?? What's your excuse?

Have you've heard of Shiva, Vishhnu, Krishna?? What's your excuse?

Where do you draw the line?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I don't particularly care for the tone of the OP. It sounds like those of us who are atheists are being scolded and need to explain ourselves. Of course I've heard of Jesus, God and I've read the Bible. Just one problem, I don't believe it's based on reality and I'm convinced that God is make believe. Because we live in a free society in which freedom of religion exists (that also includes the freedom not to believe) we are under no obligation to follow any particular brand of religion. We are free to think for ourselves and after sixty years of life I'm completely convinced that my lack of belief in any God or supernatural world is the correct point of view.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

Don't waste your time. Your post is just going to be a set-up for a circular argument.

"All those other gods are false."
"Why?"
"Because my god says so."
"Why is your god right?"
"Because the bible says he is."
"Why is the bible right?"
"Because it's the word of god."
"How do you know it's the word of god?"
"Because the bible says so."
"How do you know the bible is right?"
"Because it's the word of god."

Do I need to continue?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

On the ONE who's blood has been shed for ALL! Including the above!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Like I said, you can't prove your god exists. Air is a combination of gasses, including nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, and other gasses. They are detectable and can be proven by scientific means. On the other hand, you can't prove that there is an invisible man in the sky. Comparing something like the concept of a god to air shows you don't really understand what "proof" is. Unless you can provide concrete, scientific proof of your god, then all you're doing is presenting a baseless opinion. Every gas that exists in air is detectable. Show me how your god is detectable. Don't worry, I'll wait.

P.S. Actually, it boils down to accepting what can be proven and rejecting things based on blind faith.

I'm here, and so are you.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality