Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,023,968 times

Advertisements

It's a ridiculous story, a ridiculous concept that has no support from observable reality, and it contradicts common morality most humans share. This is not an excuse, it's the reason why I'm not a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 10:10 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,427,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What's your excuse for not accepting, Thor, Zeus, Demeter, Athena, Ra, Bridget, Mythra, Osiris, Artemis, Aphrodite, Allah, Krishna, Anubis,Horus, Appollo, Bacchus, Lucifer, Pan, the Dark mother/Horned god,Oden/Woden, Bridget or any of the other thousands of gods that are worshipped. Why do you think that Jesus is god, but Ptah is not.
Someone doesn't need an excuse to not accept the claim that Jesus is god, just like you don't need an excuse to not believe in Ma'at. It's just applying reason and critical thinking to all supernatural claims rather than to all claims except for your own.
Because I know the truth!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:16 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,427,516 times
You know what they say............you can lead a man to wisdom, but you can't make him think!! Here's to "stepping out of your box" of unbelief! May you all find your God-given purpose!

YouTube - Bob Marley - One Love

Peace and Guidance, Betsey

(listen to the words, they have meaning)

Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 PM

205 posts, read 239,055 times
Default nightflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Since my non-Christian mother is now dead, I could never be happy in heaven knowing she's screaming in hell.
How do you know your mother was not a Christian??? Is this because your mother didn't go to church?? I will let you in on a secret God does not one human to go to hell. He will give that person many chances right up to their death.

Jesus told a parable about the wine vineyard owner and even at night just before work was over he paid all of his workers the same. Course ones in morning got upset because they worked all day and the ones that just came on got the same. Then the wine vineyard owner told the workers who are you to tell me who I pay and not pay it is my vineyard. If your mother believed in Jesus Christ she is saved, and she is in heaven. I don't care what people say well, she never went to church she did this and that she can't possibly be a Christian. It doesn't matter what people say, they don't know straight up from straight down, about God.

Jesus said I gave them salvation even to those that believe on my name.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
It's a ridiculous story, a ridiculous concept that has no support from observable reality, and it contradicts common morality most humans share. This is not an excuse, it's the reason why I'm not a Christian.
What is sad you have your eternal life put on some stupid Christians that think the spiritual Christian life is a bunch of taboos that they think will get you to heaven. God is so much more then taboos and he doesn't ask anything in return from us. All we have to do is believe in Jesus Christ and we are saved. You never have to think about it again and you have eternal security there are actually 40 things that happen in heaven that you don't feel touch smell or taste but they happen in your name only one is revocable.
It is like man if you filll this out you have a good chance of winning the lottery. People will fall all over this but when it comes for your eternal life then give me all the proof man when none of can figure out how the human brain works.
What I can ask you why wouldn't you want to believe in something after this short life on this earth??? That must sad live 70-80 years and then put in the ground never to thought of again.
It isn't as bad though as the Christians that think they can commit a sin that shocks them and wind up in hell, that takes the cake. Here they are a Christian and think that if they do something or don't do something that God will take away what he gave them, that they didn't work for in the first place, these people take first place. LOL

Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Katz this God's responsibility to spread the Gospel to all areas no one will leave this the earth without ample time to believe in Jesus Christ. This shows a fair and just God who is more then fair with any of us. The only way we go to hell is not believing in Jesus Christ by not using our volition to believe sends us to the Lake of Fire. Most religion worship idols wooden or the like or animals, as it states in the Bible "they worship the created, instead of the CREATOR" Or they try to go directly to God with out a arbitator when we have nothing God wants or needs. We need Jesus because he is the go between us and GOD'S AWESOME POWER THAT CREATED EVERTHING. QUESTION DO YOU THINK THIS ALL JUST HAPPENED??? ...Terry

Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,934,021 times
So god would prefer that we pretend we believe in it even if we don't or else we'll burn in hell?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,707,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Look at a newborn baby..........are'nt they so beautiful?
I know this is an old post, but I have to respond to this. Newborn babies are not beautiful. In fact they are quite the opposite.

But of course, that's just part of life.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,823,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Belief in the Christian god is a religious belief, whether you admit it or not.
Thank you Haaziq. I have noticed this 'change' in Christians of late.....this 'I believe in god...but I'm not religious' nonsense that they are coming out with these days. It's as if they have suddenly realised what a load of tripe religious dogma is and are distancing themselves from it. Suddenly, they don't have a 'religion' any more, they have a 'personal relationship' with their imaginary friend. For hundreds of years we have been told things like, ' We can't know god', god is an enigma', We can't understand god', 'god is beyond our comprehension' etc, etc ad nausium. But now....they all seem to have a 'personal relationship' with the 'unknowable'.

Quote:
Yes, exactly........to deny God when you experience it nearly everyday is like YOU said:......... "nothing short of ridiculous".
Had you been born and raised in India you would have been crowing the same tripe about Brahma.

Quote:
See, it all boils down to believing does'nt it?
Precisely! And belief does not equal truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I don't particularly care for the tone of the OP. It sounds like those of us who are atheists are being scolded and need to explain ourselves.
You should be used to that by now Montana....it's what Christians do best.

Quote:
You want to know what I do find "questioning"? Why would any self-professed atheist waste their time trying to so adamantly disprove a God they don't believe in, in the first place?
We want to 'save' you!

Quote:
No, Christians are not the only one with purpose, but if you think there's no God and no life after, then you are only here to live and then cease to exist, no reason at all, what's is your purpose?
...and what's wrong with that? Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, there is no 'purpose' to life... that we are just 'here' because we are? No, of course you haven't...act of pure optimism on my part to have posed those questions in the first place. Very silly of me to have assumed that you actually think at all!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:18 AM

No Coos he would like more but if you believe that Jesus Christ paid for you sins. He will show you who he is therefore you will have no doubt Unless you think you are perfect and our ready to stand face to face with the entity that created all this, all I can say is good luck to you then. Terry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality