U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-23-2009, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,376,738 times
Reputation: 933

Advertisements

Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
 
Location: East Coast
29,348 posts, read 19,401,086 times
Reputation: 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
There's an appoined time for us all believe , so excuses do not come into it.

Acts 13 48

And when the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified (praised and gave thanks for) the Word of God; and as many as were destined (appointed and ordained) to eternal life believed (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Jesus as the Christ and their Savior).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
20,560 posts, read 20,211,987 times
Reputation: 9414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Who on here, here on C.D., have never heard of Jesus Christ, and what's your excuse? TALK TO ME.!!

So many threads asking: "Well what if someone have never heard the name of Jesus Christ before... What happens to them"?

But I ASK YOU..".You've HEARD, What's your excuse"?
It sounds like you don't like that question, Betsey. Do you seriously think that everyone who has ever lived knew of Jesus during his or her lifetime? I think most people today have probably heard of Jesus Christ. Some of them live in places where it would be next to impossible to study His gospel or to really learn the truth about what He taught. Even today, though, there are probably people living in truly remote areas of the world who really haven't heard of Him. Even if everyone today had heard of Him, what about people living somewhere like a small village in Mongolia or the jungles of Africa in the middle of the 3rd century. It is almost beyond the realm of possibility that they would have heard of Jesus. Christianity just hadn't spread that far by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,376,738 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It sounds like you don't like that question, Betsey. Do you seriously think that everyone who has ever lived knew of Jesus during his or her lifetime? I think most people today have probably heard of Jesus Christ. Some of them live in places where it would be next to impossible to study His gospel or to really learn the truth about what He taught. Even today, though, there are probably people living in truly remote areas of the world who really haven't heard of Him. Even if everyone today had heard of Him, what about people living somewhere like a small village in Mongolia or the jungles of Africa in the middle of the 3rd century. It is almost beyond the realm of possibility that they would have heard of Jesus. Christianity just hadn't spread that far by then.
It sounds like you don't like that question, Betsey. Well....Betsey asked the question, is this your final answer?

Let me ask again: "Who here on C.D. have never heard of Jesus?" And what's YOUR excuse?" Operative words are highlighted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:41 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,175,054 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There's an appoined time for us all believe , so excuses do not come into it.

Acts 13 48

And when the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified (praised and gave thanks for) the Word of God; and as many as were destined (appointed and ordained) to eternal life believed (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Jesus as the Christ and their Savior).
Matthew 7
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 2,748,734 times
Reputation: 1431
I can't love a being who torments my mother in hell.

Good enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,175,054 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I can't love a being who torments my mother in hell.

Good enough?
Would you be good with a God that tormented her for a while then one day said, "OK that's enough, come on in"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 2,748,734 times
Reputation: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Would you be good with a God that tormented her for a while then one day said, "OK that's enough, come on in"?
Compared to suffering without end? Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,376,738 times
Reputation: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I can't love a being who torments my mother in hell.

Good enough?
There is a way for you not to end up there. Care to share? One day, two days, endless days, there is a WAY for you to NOT spend any time there, while you're still here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 02:55 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 2,748,734 times
Reputation: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
There is a way for you not to end up there. Care to share?
Since my non-Christian mother is now dead, I could never be happy in heaven knowing she's screaming in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top