Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times

Advertisements

jennaflorrie wrote:
Quote:
People who are clincially sane - initially, but get involved in Ouija boards or some other occult practices.
Have you ever considered the fact that Ouija boards are just a manufactured product that was constructed in a factory, probably one that makes all sorts of board games, toys, and that sort of thing? Are you suggesting that because of what is printed on the face of the Ouija board that satanic forces are alerted and demons are on stand by in case some innocent person who happens to purchase one of them may be drawn into the dark side and taken over by a demon? It's nothing more than a game and from what I've seen of it, a very dull game.
I believe that the perpetuation of the mythology of demons and evil beings is very likely to be destructive psychologically to certain individuals who are prone to having delusional thinking. It reinforces the notion that their mental and emotional difficulties really are satanic in nature and it's highly likely that they'll avoid legitimate treatment with professionals who may be able to diagnose and possibly help them. Considering these factors I think it's irresponsible for Christians living in the twenty first century to disregard medical and psychiatrict treatment in favor of remedies that might have made sense to illiterate peasants living in the Dark Ages.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
No, no Sanspeur. You know it's true, so don't try to deny it. To be an atheist, one must study the dark arts, and that's a proven fact.

As an atheist myself, I am well in tune with the forces of the dark side. For $20 I will be happy to interceded on anyone's behalf and make the demon go attack someone else. Shawn, please DM me for details. If any other person needs an atheist to drive the demons out of their lives, (for a reasonable sum), you may also DM me. You would do well to take me up on this offer now, before Obama raises the exorcisim tax rate.
I tried to rep you but had to spread it around...

I will lowball that $20, and will intercede on Shawn's behalf fore a mere $15... Competetive prices are important to keeping exorcism's accessible for all humans!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
jennaflorrie wrote:

Have you ever considered the fact that Ouija boards are just a manufactured product that was constructed in a factory, probably one that makes all sorts of board games, toys, and that sort of thing? Are you suggesting that because of what is printed on the face of the Ouija board that satanic forces are alerted and demons are on stand by in case some innocent person who happens to purchase one of them may be drawn into the dark side and taken over by a demon? It's nothing more than a game and from what I've seen of it, a very dull game.
I believe that the perpetuation of the mythology of demons and evil beings is very likely to be destructive psychologically to certain individuals who are prone to having delusional thinking. It reinforces the notion that their mental and emotional difficulties really are satanic in nature and it's highly likely that they'll avoid legitimate treatment with professionals who may be able to diagnose and possibly help them. Considering these factors I think it's irresponsible for Christians living in the twenty first century to disregard medical and psychiatrict treatment in favor of remedies that might have made sense to illiterate peasants living in the Dark Ages.
Milton-Bradley is posing as the antichrist!! Oh no!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 AM

327 posts, read 755,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Demons don't attack atheists because they are already on their side!
Well, shawn_needs_help_badly. You now know what you must do to make these demons stop attacking you

Come on over to our side. You know you want to. It really ain't so bad. The voices....that's what they're telling you right now, I bet. DO IT NOW!

Seriously, seek professional help. And sorry if I kinda skipped over parts of your post here and there, but how many drugs have you done. Salvia, acid ?

Get help before your delusions cause you to harm yourself or someone else.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:51 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,607 times
Amazing the theist replies here?

Well based on your own theology, if satan was cast out and took a third of the angels with him and these are now demons, it stands to reason for every demon one sees behind a bush, there must be two angels to pin him/it down.

Otherwise, satan got the best of the bunch and what was left in heaven were the wimpy angels together with a wimpy god.

Praaizze be to sawtawn and his demons, it sure seems he has more power than the theist's god(s)

Old 05-25-2009, 02:34 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,627 times
I find it interesting that C34 thinks that anti-psychotic drugs are capable of blocking the voice of his god. His god must not be particularly powerful if his communications are thwarted by a mere man-made chemical.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:43 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is a great question!....One would think that those evil demons and his exalted leader Satan would be all over us Atheists, rather than attacking just the more devout Christians. I guess when one is caught up in the games of make believe all things are possible, (in their own mind) but every atheist I know left make believe games behind when they left their childhood.
Why would a demon bother someone who supports their work? Naturally they would attack someone who opposes their lies and deceptions. Yet I know of at least one story of an Atheist who converted to the Christian faith after he himself was expossed to demons. So hopefully you will find Christ before it is to late.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:25 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Atheists do not support demon's "work". For one thing demons are non existent, and secondly Atheists are just a moral as Christians, and a heck of a lot more honest. As far as me finding Christ goes, been there done that, and it was a futile experience for me. Christ, if he ever existed has been dead and buried for over two thousand years and I doubt that his remains will ever be found. Save your hopes for someone who cares.

Regarding your story about an atheist who converted to Christianity, there are many more former Christians, including myself who are now atheists/agnostic. I fact I'd wager that most A/As on CD would fit that category. How many former Atheists who are now Christians are on CD?....Just curious.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:20 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
Not having to deal with demons is just one of the many perks of atheism.

We also can have sex with someone were not married to, and we don't have to tip Jesus 10%, (which is admittedly a reasonable sum if you appreciated the quality of his service.)

But I'm confused, if demons don't bother athesit, how did C34's friend end up meeting the one that caused him to "Saul --> Paul" on us?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Atheists do not support demon's "work". For one thing demons are non existent, and secondly Atheists are just a moral as Christians, and a heck of a lot more honest. As far as me finding Christ goes, been there done that, and it was a futile experience for me. Christ, if he ever existed has been dead and buried for over two thousand years and I doubt that his remains will ever be found. Save your hopes for someone who cares.

Regarding your story about an atheist who converted to Christianity, there are many more former Christians, including myself who are now atheists/agnostic. I fact I'd wager that most A/As on CD would fit that category. How many former Atheists who are now Christians are on CD?....Just curious.
Atheist oppose the Bible, so do demons. Demons do exist, and there are numerous encounters recorded by people who have expeirenced them. Yet like so many other evidences, I have no doubt you have trained yourself to ignore those stories. You are correct, I have no doubt that there are many more people who have become atheists then have converted to the Christian faith. And that fact also confirms the truth of the Bible, because the Bible tells us that most people would rejects it's truth. Especially as we near the end of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality