Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 10:22 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
I keep hoping a bit of both a learning center and each main religion with its own worship space and everyone getting along, kind of a religious Utopia. But I am dreaming I know it won't happen especially in my lifetime. Just an odd dream.

who knows maybe they could sell cars on the side to pay for electricity?

Funny how so many people who either have this love of God have this great hatred for each other. Atheist I understand thier belief or lack there of but even they have hatred for others. Too much energy devoted to a bad end. So much easier to learn, understand and accept what is out in the world, Paganism, Christianity, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhists, Druidism even Wiccans, along with other all have the good parts and bad parts (normally brought to use by humans need to interfere in religion.

I have said it before even King James had the Bible re-written to control the people of England. No religion is without man’s intervention over the eons of their beginnings. I am just sad that most people are blind to that fact.

Christians are not the only ones who have been persecuted if that is what some think… Look at all the genocides over the past 25 years and see who really are persecuted for they are and what they believe.
Great hatred? Wow you sure use this phrase freely and generally. I really don't think most people in general no matter what their belief of lack of belief hate anybody...There are a few loud obnoxious haters that get noticed, but the vast majority may disagree with each other but do not hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
This is untrue. Gay marriage is criminalized because of religious beliefs(mainly conservative christian). Sience is under attack and so are women's rights because of these religious beliefs. Atheists are regularly told that their immoral, hateful, evil, wicked,fools who are going to burn if they don't believe. Christians can believe and practice Christianity all they want as long as they don't infringe on anyone else's way of life.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:34 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Great hatred? Wow you sure use this phrase freely and generally. I really don't think most people in general no matter what their belief of lack of belief hate anybody...There are a few loud obnoxious haters that get noticed, but the vast majority may disagree with each other but do not hate.
if you knew me and my posts I would hope you would see that I was using it more in the general and not the specific. Have you read this board/thread again lately all the way through. I did the other day.... maybe in your thought and Ideas the word "hatred" is overkill, but there is much hatred on this thread and also much poor pity me and my people. I dislike both pretty much equally.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
if you knew me and my posts I would hope you would see that I was using it more in the general and not the specific. Have you read this board/thread again lately all the way through. I did the other day.... maybe in your thought and Ideas the word "hatred" is overkill, but there is much hatred on this thread and also much poor pity me and my people. I dislike both pretty much equally.
I suspect my definition of hatred differs greatly from yours. For me Fred Phelps is one who preaches hatred. Here I sometimes see anger, dislike or disagreement, but never anything that I would describe as hatred. Personally I think the word is used too freely here.

I certainty agree with you about the persecution complex some here seem to have.. The poor, poor, pity us attitude is not only unattractive, but usually untrue.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 AM

275 posts, read 707,811 times
It is unattractive to have a persecution complex, but how can you say that people are usually untrue?

I do not want to drag personal things into any of these discussions, but you do not know me, my family or the things they had gone through prior to coming to this country. Regardless, you don't see me wandering from thread to thread going "Poor me, poor my family, half my family was killed in the Holocaust, pity me pity me!!"

I have actually only mentioned that maybe, once or twice, to make a point.

True, some throw things in others faces expecting pity, etc... but that is an insecurity on their part. Not mine.

I don't judge, I just wish we had equality. Some people have a complex (Not any religion specifically, God knows they ALL seem to have one nowadays) and we all just need to get over it and again, BE TOLERANT.

Why is that so hard?

Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post
It is unattractive to have a persecution complex, but how can you say that people are usually untrue?

I do not want to drag personal things into any of these discussions, but you do not know me, my family or the things they had gone through prior to coming to this country. Regardless, you don't see me wandering from thread to thread going "Poor me, poor my family, half my family was killed in the Holocaust, pity me pity me!!"

I have actually only mentioned that maybe, once or twice, to make a point.

True, some throw things in others faces expecting pity, etc... but that is an insecurity on their part. Not mine.

I don't judge, I just wish we had equality. Some people have a complex (Not any religion specifically, God knows they ALL seem to have one nowadays) and we all just need to get over it and again, BE TOLERANT.

Why is that so hard?
I was not referring to anyone in particular...I was referring to the topic of this thread.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:25 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post

Why is that so hard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I was not referring to anyone in particular...I was referring to the topic of this thread.
ditto to that as well.

as to answer your question which in fact one I have thought about for years... the only answer I have come up with is simple.

Why is it so hard? because too many people reject, ha...dislike , combat all types of changes. You also have others who hold onto thier believes so tightly they fear the rest of the world as if it ( thier belief ) is thier only lifeline. Add in the protectors control freaks and you have a hot bed of trouble. The pot stirers who like to add fuel to the fire and watch the fireworks.

tolerance or to be tolerant is not taught but learned even though it is as natural to our human nature as love and of course hate. Most people take the easy road... which is intolerance you have to struggle on the tolerant road until you get the hang of it and master the path.

What is that saying about quick to anger but slow to understand? Anyways it isn't much of an answer but it is what it is.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM

275 posts, read 707,811 times
Kerowyn--

Sadly this is true. I can only hope that I'm a good mom to my son and can impart upon him the knowledge and willingness to be tolerant. Can't force someone to be that way... but it certainly does get aggravating, for everyone. If my older son were still alive, it is my hope that he would see me as an example and follow the same path.

Quick to anger and slow to understand... ain't that the gosh darn truth? For everyone.

*sigh* I hate it when I start to lose my faith in humanity.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:44 PM

541 posts, read 984,869 times
...yawn...

Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,293 times
Well, i'm a wiccan and (dont believe in one god) but everyone has there right too there own Opinion.

BEFORE there was a *christmas* that's a pagan holiday and took it away from us, if you *read* history it states that christ WASNT born on christmas day...people nowdays better read (history) before open there mouths=typing.

2nd is yes christians are indeed *pushing* and *crying* cause other religions are fighting back, I say it's about time, I respect everyones views and religion...not everyone believes a religion which is more power too them, thats there choice...LEAVE them alone and stop pushing....HATE does not solve anything....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality