Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times

Advertisements

i realize that on most CDF posts if you start out saying am i a bad person if---------
the answer is always
of course not.--- in america you are never a bad person, no matter what you do-- have doubts, lets ask the CDF public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Most of my family see spirituality in everything, but i don't, i just think it's nonsense.

Does this make me a bad person, for not seeing a mystic awe in things?
No, that actually probably is more likely to make you a good person. Superstitious people are not good people. They are generally fakes and need religion as a crutch to behave decently.

People who behave well to others, without doing it to get others to join their particular brand of superstition, are the best people. They are doing it because it is the right thing to do, not because they have any ulterior motives.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,418 times
Quote:
Most of my family see spirituality in everything, but i don't, i just think it's nonsense.

No....you're a bad person just because you're human.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:53 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Where does this bad person phrase come from. I have heard that so much lately. We are all sinners. I remember a little Bible verse I learned when I was about six years old. It goes like this, "No one is good, no not one." So if you are not good, what would the other choice be. So when I ask someone "How are you" and they answer "I am good" that little verse goes through my mind. LOL

Has anyone ever told you about Jesus? I think rejecting Him is a little close-minded. He died on the cross to pay for the sins of all those who believe in Him. However, He does not force this on anyone and you do have a choice. Just know for sure that Jesus loves you. I hope you choose wisely. God bless you!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,500,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i realize that on most CDF posts if you start out saying am i a bad person if---------
the answer is always
of course not.--- in america you are never a bad person, no matter what you do-- have doubts, lets ask the CDF public.

I suggest you try this theory out for yourself, and check out the responses.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,225 times
Quote:
how is it closed-minded?
It's not. Religion is closed-minded.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times
Quote:

No it does not make you a bad person..Bad people are bad because of their actions, their deeds, not for their beliefs or non beliefs..
I can relate to my personal spirituality in many things, but that is a personal thing with me called "faith"..I have no reason to condemn or judge anyone who does not see things as I do..Instead of trying to make everyone believe exactly as I do I try to learn something from everyone else and perhaps they will learn something from me

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
No. Its a little closed minded, but its okay.
NO!, the closed minded are those that swallow this pack of BS (religion) without question.

TOS for City-Data states that to post here you should be 16 or older, long past time when anyone should believe in fairy tales.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,195,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
No....you're a bad person just because you're human.
And you guys say atheism is depressing.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,671,947 times
Spiritual feelings are part of the human make-up, they are derived from our lack of insight to lifes meaning. After we get to a certain age we all realize the "emptiness" feelings we have are normal, and eventualy lead to answers found in the thinking of others who spend a great deal of their lives in search of answers to these kinds of ponderings. It it usually the domain of theology to explain our existence, the fear of not knowing why we are here or what happens after we die is very strong. In spite of all the years of their existence the churches are just as inept at giving anyone a straight answer today as they were in the bibical times. Spirituality and theology are not mutualy exclusive, but, you certainly don't need a religion to be spiritual. Mystics have been around a long time, they are in direct competition with the mainstream churches for their ability to garner a piece of the action, ($$$$$), I'd be satisfied reaching my own conclusions and preferring not to proselytize from my perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality