Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
One of the strangest concepts in the Bible is the fact that mankind is rewarded for killing the son of God. But what would have been the consequences if the message of Jesus became widely accepted during his lifetime and instead of crucifying him in a brutal manner the general public as well as those in power at the time all became followers of Jesus? Since the Bible says that it was the death of Jesus that gave mankind a second chance at eternal life because they acted like barbarians and murdered him does that also mean that if they responded in a positive manner to his message that everyone would be going to hell? Yes, it's a strange question but the idea of rewarding mankind for murder is even stranger.

Oh, people, people: human nature as it is IS NOT with THOU now. And from birth to death you are as a spiritual Being inside your mind. And still we must learn ourselves TO BE human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM

428 posts, read 800,100 times
Quote:
One of the strangest concepts in the Bible is the fact that mankind is rewarded for killing the son of God. But what would have been the consequences if the message of Jesus became widely accepted during his lifetime and instead of crucifying him in a brutal manner the general public as well as those in power at the time all became followers of Jesus? Since the Bible says that it was the death of Jesus that gave mankind a second chance at eternal life because they acted like barbarians and murdered him does that also mean that if they responded in a positive manner to his message that everyone would be going to hell? Yes, it's a strange question but the idea of rewarding mankind for murder is even stranger.
Just want to say that this is a very thought-provoking post, Montanaguy!

But to answer your question, since when has religion been logical or rational?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 PM

31 posts, read 41,330 times
Quote:
Bunjee wrote:

I suppose if you look at it from the perspective of Jesus sacrificing himself I could understand your point of view. I'm thinking about it in terms of human behavior. Consider the fact that the Bible says that Adam and Eve merely ate some forbidden fruit which doesn't sound all that horrible and yet it is supposed to have caused the downfall of mankind. Then when all of the human beings except for Noah and family were drowned I can't imagine that their behavior couldn't have been anything even approaching the severity of killing God's only son. So why is it that mankind is rewarded for this act and of course I'm also asking what would have been the consequences if they hadn't have committed this act of murder?
Oh I dunno but suspect the "HELL" thing came about just to try to put more money in the coffer by seducing people to become Christians by introducing them to the worse fear anybody could conjour up (like burning in hell forever.) Not bad as worst punishments go????? But really all its saying is "Believe in what I believe in or I personally will see that you will be punished forever and ever." Actually its a juvenile concept.......... Concocted by juvenile thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality