U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 PM

26,719 posts, read 16,433,252 times

Advertisements

When I reviewed the history of accounts of Christians killing throughout history, I was horrified! We are no better than any other religion.

Quote:
•As can be seen from these events, to Christianity the Dark Ages never come to an end.
How many people have been killed by Christians since Biblical times? - ExChristian.Net - Articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM

11,145 posts, read 12,807,888 times
An abortion doctor was just gunned down today as well.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:15 PM

26,719 posts, read 16,433,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
An abortion doctor was just gunned down today as well.
In other words, their radical killing is continuing.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 PM

19,022 posts, read 23,164,045 times
Nice, so you folks subscribe to those gory images of Jesus. Excellent way of respecting "good christians" who do also exist.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 PM

Who's ascribing to anything? Of course hundreds of millions of good Christians exist - some extremely good. I know quite a few. Doesn't negate the fact that a great deal of blood has been and continues to be spilled for the sake of the Prince of Peace.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Who's ascribing to anything? Of course hundreds of millions of good Christians exist - some extremely good. I know quite a few. Doesn't negate the fact that a great deal of blood has been and continues to be spilled for the sake of the Prince of Peace.
Prince of Peace and it gets more pejorative.

Let's leave Jesus out of this?

I can right now dispute every point in that page with facts. I'm suffering from redundancy, besides you folks are in no mood for neutral analysis.

So, jog on

Old 05-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Pejorative?!?

I grew up calling him that! I sang his praises. I still, today, see him as the Prince of Peace once you get past all the influences of man that have shredded his core message of pure, unconditional love. And how can we leave Jesus out of a discussion about Christianity? Shall we refer to it as Xtianity?

Well, whatever. My only point on this page - that an abortion doctor was gunned down today for the work he did - is nothing you can refute with any amount of "neutral analysis". It's a fact. It happened.

In this and other threads, you seem to read far more than is presented. Oh well. Perhaps you read my posts as being anti-Christian. I am not. I just challenge people to evolve themselves, their religions, and the political ideologies. When people become comfortable in their assumptions, they start justifying gunning others down. When people push themselves beyond the institutional level, they begin to form a relationship with what we call God and move beyond this need to adhere to one tradition or another. They find Peace, and begin to walk the path the Prince of Peace laid.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
And how can we leave Jesus out of a discussion about Christianity?
I don't mind the polemics. In fact, I can appreciate that.

You have an OP with a sexed-up account of hyper-distorted allegations. And you state something which only buttresses to extend the intended vibe of jojajn. Remember mathematical induction? "k" murders, and by extension, "k+1" murders.

And how difficult is it to leave Jesus out of a thread which is about killing and maiming?

If the overall intention of many of the posters on the board is to take potshots on "X"tianity on a 365-day basis, apologists as me frankly don't have the juice and the stamina to defend against the "hatred" which is propelling the assault. Perhaps the A&A forum does not offer enough entertainment because any of us hardly read it anymore?

If the intent is to offend a million Christians, then the objective can certainly be reached. Google can fetch more gory imagery of christian icons. It's just a click away.

Adios, amigo. I'm done here

Old 05-31-2009, 09:33 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,536,163 times
weak.

You do realize the crusades were a response to 3 centuries of muslim aggression, right?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:39 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,075,699 times
THere is a difference in calling yourself Christian and being a follower of Christ.

It bothers me when people try to group everyone in the same category.

There are muslims who are killing and blowing people up in the name of allah, but you also have millions of muslims who are not like that and don't have anything to do with what they are doing. So, it would be ignorant to say that all muslims are the same when they are not.

The same goes for Christians. You have some that are good and some that are bad. Anyone now days can call themself Christian without actually be a follower of Christ.

My church goes to Africa a lot and we have to actually war and battle with these people who call themselves Christian who are killig children and practicing witch craft. Christ has nothing to do with these people, but they still call themself Christian.

They hate us because we expose what they are doing, but their is a major difference in who they are and who we are. It is ignorant to put all Christians in the same category.

How can a man that call himself Christian chop off his wifes head. Well, that question is easy, it is because the man is not allowing Christ to direct his life.

People can call themself what ever they like, but Christ is not in the mist of these so called Christians who can't even live a stable life long enough to even allow God to direct their path, that is all them and not God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality