Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
There are a lot of people on this board that like to seem smart by posting links to web sites with supposed "proofs" for evolution. I was just curious if since the chimp was said to evolve from a common ancestor, someone might be able to give us some actual information on that evolution.

I guess, based on your answer and a few others, that you guys really know nothing about evolution and I won't be hearing much more about it?
There are a lot of fundamentalist literalists on this board who pride themselves on remaining ignorant . . . so they can bask in the rejection and repudiation of their unsupportable and irrational beliefs . . . and pretend they are being rejected for belief in God and Jesus . . . just like their predecessors who were fed to the lions. The problem is they are being rejected for remaining ignorant and being proud of it . . . NOT for their faith in Jesus and God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,273 times
Quote:

Convenient "out", huh?

The book of Job gives a pretty decent description of a dinosaur.
No, it doesn't. Not even close:
The Truth About Behemoth | Stupid Dinosaur Lies

FYI properly translated, the behemoth's "tail like a cedar" isn't referring to a tail at all but a more intimate part of the anatomy..

Old 06-02-2009, 01:59 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,043 times
Quote:
There are a lot of people on this board that like to seem smart by posting links to web sites with supposed "proofs" for evolution. I was just curious if since the chimp was said to evolve from a common ancestor, someone might be able to give us some actual information on that evolution.

I guess, based on your answer and a few others, that you guys really know nothing about evolution and I won't be hearing much more about it?
I know nothing about the evolution of chimpanzee. I also happen to know nothing about the evolution of crocodiles, and my understanding of molecular biology is superficial. I'm not a biologist, I'm a second-year student in mathematics. I could have told you that to begin with - actually I did, a few times already. So sometimes I will be unable to answer your questions or will get it wrong, if you get technical enough. This does not mean an answer does not exist. That would be argument from ignorance, which you certainly use a lot. Nor does it mean I know nothing of evolution. That's a false dilemma fallacy - assuming that we either know nothing or everything of the theory of evolution.

But you know, if you actually want an answer, a quick Google/Wiki would have given it to you. It appears that there was, for some time, a lack of fossils of chimpanzees. Only recently has one been found. Access : First fossil chimpanzee : Nature (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v437/n7055/full/nature04008.html - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich
[Fossilization is a rare event.]
Convenient "out", huh?
Like Campbell34, you appear to believe that the evolutionary history of a specie is based only on the fossil record. This is not the case. There are multiple independent lines of evidence. See for example this article excellent article about the origin of whales.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Quote:

Since you wont accept that you can answer your own question with 5 minutes on google then this can only mean you are trying to bait us once again. Most of us know from experience that you wont bother to read any links we post, listen to any answers posted or even make a comment without trying to subtly make an attack. Heck this thread itself is proof of it.

Oh but it gets worse since I'm pretty confident your response to the above would have been a variation of the following:
Quote:
I'm sorry you guys see everything I do as an attack, It was just an honest question but since none of you seem to know anything then it must be because evolution doesn't have an answer and has been proven to be full of holes.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:

As myself and others have pointed out, if you actually sought an answer you could have looked it up. I did and found the answer myself in less than 5 minutes. I would have let you figure it out for yourself, but others have provided that answer on this very thread for you.

You do not seek answers. You believe you have all the answers life could provide and simply posited the question to be aggressive and try to mock those who continue the quest of human understanding. That's what educated minds do, buddy. They never assume they have all the answers. Join us.

I see no evidence of Christ's wisdom in you. Best to you in your journey toward that goal.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,019 times
Quote:

We'll shut up about evolution and atheism as soon as you shut up about creation and god.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
We'll shut up about evolution and atheism as soon as you shut up about creation and god.

I worship God. Does that mean you worship Darwin?

Seriously...I'm just asking questions. I consider evolution to be a fairy tale and to be sorely lacking in the proof that darwin himself predicted.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:59 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
You can look all around you and see evolution. Heck, I can see it the way people look today verses how they looked while I was growing up. We evolve everyday.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
-Question is asked, snide remark is added
-Question is answered
-Answer is ignored/replaced with a strawman/dismissed without reason, snide remark is added
-Strawman is refuted
-New question is asked, snide remark is added
-Question is answered
-Answer is ignored/replaced with a strawman/dismissed without reason, snide remark is added
-Strawman is refuted
-Claim that question has not been answered, snide remark is added
-Half a dozen people point out that it has indeed been answered
-Ad hominem, snide remark is added
......one week later....
-Repeat cycle.
Aaaand... we're not officially in step 3.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:

Once again, you don't want to know the truth and would deny/ignore it were it stated here. Why should anyone bother with an answer that you are predisposed to reject? That is as dumb as you posting in the A&A forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality