U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 PM

13,140 posts, read 36,726,999 times

Advertisements

Here they are again begging people to send them money so you can be made rich by Jesus ( on tv today). I just can't take looking at these phonies much more as i want to throw up. The lady looks like TammyFaye Baker with all the eyelashes and crying and on and on for you to send money. I'm thinking to myself if these phonies sell their Rolexes and Jewelry and other extravegant materials that they own they wouldn't have to beg.

I don't know whats worse looking at Eyelash cry and beg for money or watching Mr.Rogers ''land of make believe''. Where's the Government to go after these people and send them to prison like Jim and TammyFaye Baker....Thats my gripe anyway.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM

1,247 posts, read 703,392 times
Change the channel. That's why you have a remote control. If your batteries are dead, you could try getting out of your seat and changing the channel by hand.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:53 PM

13,140 posts, read 36,726,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Change the channel. That's why you have a remote control. If your batteries are dead, you could try getting out of your seat and changing the channel by hand.
Still sad they are taking advantage of people but no thanks as i have given to a local church as i see where they are trying to help the homeless and battered women here in Albuquerque.

But the Remote advice you gave is good as i tell my dad the same thing to get off the couch and join me in pumping iron.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:03 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,288,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
NO JOKE............

Old 04-11-2007, 12:24 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,931,431 times
Sounds like you are describing the folks on TBN. I worked for one of their affiliate stations while I was in college. I do understand where you're coming from with your point.

Because I don't know them personally I cannot say whether they are in it for the money, or truly for Jesus. From many things I've seen they truly are helping many, many people around the world.

It seems what you are focusing on is their outward appearance. God does not look at the outward appearance, but what is on the inside. The motives and the heart. I personally do not care for their taste in clothing, furniture or excess makeup. But put that to the side and where is the money going?

Before making a snap and harsh judgement about these people, go to their website and see if they have an annual report to show where all the money goes. Whether they dress gaudy or not, that is only one person's opinion. God does not view it from the outward.

Don't judge, lest you be judged by your own standards. How would you like God to judge you according to how you judge others? I know I sure wouldn't because I'm not as forgiving as the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or