Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 AM

134 posts, read 168,818 times

Advertisements

Brother Nikk: Are you talking about tolerance now? I posted in the R&P Forum, not the Christian Forum, for this reason.

You believe the Bible is the inerrant word of god, right? I too revere the Bible and I’m glad we have it or something like it. But, I do not believe it to be “perfect” or inerrant or completely inspired by God.

My POV is that God can not be contained in a book and I am repulsed by the evil acts and commands that the Bible attributes to “god”. In effect, I am defending God’s Honor. I’m not willing to assume that if it’s in the Bible or “god did it” it’s ok. I’ve made all of these points in my responses within this thread. If none of these things bother you, then we probably have little to discuss here. And I frankly don’t know why you would.

According to you and others, my questioning of the Bible means that I have an evil heart and you seem to think I’m being lead by Satan or at least using the “methods of Satan”. You have rebuked me a few times and have done your duty. I understand that. I think it is best to agree to disagree on this topic and leave it at that.

On a different subject, what’s your favorite coffee? I like Wawa!

Grace & Peace, John

Last edited by jfraysse; 06-04-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,013,407 times
They do that same thing to me so don't feel bad. it won't matter in the end anyway.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
They do that same thing to me so don't feel bad. it won't matter in the end anyway.
I know - thanks, Rev!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:49 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,434,105 times
Quote:
Yes because in the end (according to you) you and hitler can sit in that pink bubble you call heaven after all Hitlers sins are burned up in hell for killing millions of Jews and you two can hold hands and sing praises to the God of the Jews and his Jewish son. I am sure hitler will love that!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes because in the end (according to you) you and hitler can sit in that pink bubble you call heaven after all Hitlers sins are burned up in hell for killing millions of Jews and you two can hold hands and sing praises to the God of the Jews and his Jewish son. I am sure hitler will love that!
I'm sorry that you're angry and can't fathom that God forgives all and it's humans who can't seem to find that attribute.
If you want to keep thinking that God is an angry, hateful, murdering God, then that's fine with me. It's your soul.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraysse View Post
Brother Nikk: Are you talking about tolerance now? I posted in the R&P Forum, not the Christian Forum, for this reason.

You believe the Bible is the inerrant word of god, right? I too revere the Bible and I’m glad we have it or something like it. But, I do not believe it to be “perfect” or inerrant or completely inspired by God.

My POV is that God can not be contained in a book and I am repulsed by the evil acts and commands that the Bible attributes to “god”. In effect, I am defending God’s Honor. I’m not willing to assume that if it’s in the Bible or “god did it” it’s ok. I’ve made all of these points in my responses within this thread. If none of these things bother you, then we probably have little to discuss here. And I frankly don’t know why you would.

According to you and others, my questioning of the Bible means that I have an evil heart and you seem to think I’m being lead by Satan or at least using the “methods of Satan”. You have rebuked me a few times and have done your duty. I understand that. I think it is best to agree to disagree on this topic and leave it at that.

On a different subject, what’s your favorite coffee? I like Wawa!

Grace & Peace, John
If you want to discuss coffee you are on the wrong forum.

Jfraysee, it does not matter whether you talk on the Christian Forum or the R&P forum if you are going to say that the Great Commision is Toxic or that there is no hell you are going to get some Chistians who will disagree with you. Especially since the doctrine that you have picked are central to the Christian faith.

Why would not God use falible man to promote the Gospel? Did he not come in the form of sinful flesh (Christ is not sinful, but he came in the form of it)? Did not God at sundry times and divers manners speak through man, the prophets? Yes, God likes using humans. He does not need to but that is one of the central themes of the bible.

To disregard the Great Commision is to reject a major teaching of Jesus Christ. Christ explicitly taught. Christ sent 70 disciple to preach the gospel. Christ commisioned the disciples and all to preach the gospel. Even the OT proclaims the goodness of spreading the gospel:

Isaiah 52:7: "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"

Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry that you're angry and can't fathom that God forgives all and it's humans who can't seem to find that attribute.
If you want to keep thinking that God is an angry, hateful, murdering God, then that's fine with me. It's your soul.
God is not angry, hateful or murdering, but he is just. And as a just God, he cannot forgive those who do not seek forgiveness. This is called blastpheming the Holy Spirit and is the unforgivable sin. So the bible is contrary to your doctrine.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God is not angry, hateful or murdering, but he is just. And as a just God, he cannot forgive those who do not seek forgiveness. This is called blastpheming the Holy Spirit and is the unforgivable sin. So the bible is contrary to your doctrine.
And how do you know for a fact that Hitler and those like him have not sought forgiveness? Did you ask them? Did God tell you? Do you communicate with them?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:47 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,508,584 times
go to the root of the word commission!

you may just find the omissions under off topic moderation!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 AM

Brother Nikk: You have not addressed any of my many points or questions. You have stated that I have an Evil Heart and have accused me of projecting my evil on you and also being a tool of Satan or at least using his methods. I have accepted your rebuke, but until you apologize for your slander of me, I see no reason to continue a discussion with you on this topic. Why would you want to discuss anything with me in the first place? For it is written, “what fellowship does righteousness have with unrighteousness and what communion has light with darkness”.

Grace & Peace, John
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality