Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:04 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
What good Christians are to do is fight against the plans and actions of evil men.
Sin is the evil we struggle and fight against.
We are the light of the world.
But the world loves darkness.

Ever think about what the "Light of the world" is shining it's light on?....
ANSWER: the world's sins.

It is sins that the church is in business to uncover and speak out against.
Now the sin of being Gay is very dark.
The death that comes from this sin is very real.
That is the message we in the church should be telling the Gays.
That they are in darkness and dead....dead to God.
and that only by repenting and turning from their lifestyle of sinning can they enter into the kingdom....

any other path that might try to walk is death...
I'm not going to talk to some one who is not ready to listen. It is not my place to judge people for their sins. Alan if I was out of line the Lord would have done jerked my head side ways.

I have already had this happen to me where I gay friend of mine came to me and he asked me specific, baring no ill will towards me for my answers. What are you saying to me Alan?

And how should God's people speak?
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness." (2 Timothy 2:51-16 KJV)
Daily Bible Study - How To Be A True Christian - Lesson 3

Alan, I will prove myself to no man.

Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
What are you saying to me Alan?
Not sure I understand what you are asking here?
What am I saying to you?

I guess Im saying the things I have been saying, and the things that the bible teaches about sin and the need to repent of sins.

Is there some doubt in your mind as to that I am saying?

Old 07-04-2009, 12:21 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Not sure I understand what you are asking here?
What am I saying to you?

I guess Im saying the things I have been saying, and the things that the bible teaches about sin and the need to repent of sins.

Is there some doubt in your mind as to that I am saying?
No, it's late and I am multi-task reading here.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:23 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
The business of the church,,,is to GO into all the world and make Disciples...teaching them...

We in the church are not to just mind our own business and hope someone drops by and wants to know what we are about...
Rather we are to be knocking on doors,and taking to the streets or to the ballot box , the message of what we believe.

Jesus told us to to be ready to "Pick up your cross and follow me"

Not "Pick up your pillow and find a good place to stay out of the way"

Well, you'd be smart to stay away from my door....

Old 07-04-2009, 12:53 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, you'd be smart to stay away from my door....
He stands at the door and knocks,,,,

He never said you had to open the door.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
He stands at the door and knocks,,,,

He never said you had to open the door.
You could always try the ... back door.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM

19 posts, read 26,641 times
Default Sin

[SIZE=3]Homosexual:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Antlered Chamataka
Knowing Islam like a native does, the law forbids promiscuity - that goes for prostitution, pederasts, homosexuals and other lewd conduct prohibited by Islam.

seattlerain
Not true, prior to 2003 Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Virginia had some sort of anti-homosexual sodomy laws.

The remaining states had already had the laws repealed, or overturned by court rulings.

In 2003 the US Supreme Court invalidated anti-sodomy laws in the above listed states in Lawrence v. Texas.

So, as you can see there are no anti-homosexual sodomy laws remaining in the United States outside of the military.

jennaflorrie
It’s still our choice though. We are free to continue sinning - or we can turn away from our sin ask God to forgive us through Christ Jesus. He makes us new creatures - spiritually reborn, able to have a relationship with our creator because the SIN bit has been taken care of. So should we continue to sin - in homosexuality, adultery, theft etc.....??? NO! But we have the freedom to choose.

So true, we received the knowledge of good and evil (freedom of choice) for a reason!! Adam and Eve didn’t just happen to fall for the deception to generate this havoc down through history!!!!

Yes there happens to be a plan in place, a divine order (if you will) it places each individual in the frame of mind, thinking and doing as pleases the creator….

The scripture said “the devil believes and does tremble”, do you think, the devil would now choose to spend eternity suffering, or Judas do you think he was in his right mind when he sold Yahshua for 30 pieces of silver?????? The Pharaoh’s heart was softened and hardened how many times, loosing crops, water, sicknesses, frog’s and loosing the first born, was all this enough????? No he lost his army and his own life, just because Yahweh wanted to magnify his chosen people!!!

Now us! We don’t just happen to be discussing the issues of sin and saying, well this is how I feel and we feel or this book suggest this and he is such a scholar and renown for the day that we must consider his or her work in science. Well your right jennaflorrie, we do have a choice between good and evil!!

But don’t you know that our flesh wants to indulge against the commandment, that’s the way it is, the commandment is to stop sin. Those that don’t understand the big picture (divine will) will continually battle righteousness because their deeds are evil.
Yahshua said “14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. now ye are the light of the world”.
You see those that argue with truth are in darkness and don’t know it!! 5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 3
19. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

If and when the spirit is working with someone “today if you hear his voice, harden not your heart as in the days of provocation” they can hear his voice and repent of evil comments and deeds, only then. It’s too late for some that have sinned a sin unto death, but mercy, compassion and grace is waiting for those that have condemnation in their hearts and tears in their eyes…..

Old 11-30-2009, 08:13 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
Would You As A Christian Make Homosexual Sex Illegal If You Could?

Of course without hesitation.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Would You As A Christian Make Homosexual Sex Illegal If You Could?

Of course without hesitation.
Why? How does it affect your life?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why? How does it affect your life?
The question was asked I answered it. The OP did not ask to expound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality