Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:30 PM

47 posts, read 55,347 times

Advertisements

The first question I would ask you is what legal consequences do you think would be appropriate for someone who engages in homosexual activity? Do you think they should be put in jail?>

Jail time, yes.

how the sexual activities of consenting adults are hurting society in any manner and why the government should even be involved in such personal matters as sexual orientation?>

Read the founding fathers and Natural Law.

Here is the Father of the Bill of Rights, most responsible for giving us our rights:

"By in inevitable chain of cause and effect, national sins are punished by national calamities"
-George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights.

Homosexuality is a violation of Natural Law, demanding God's judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 04:34 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
our founding truth wrote:
Quote:
The Founding Fathers, who gave you your rights, declared homosexuality illegal, and executed homosexuals!
If that's true I wasn't aware of it but it wouldn't surprise me. That was a very different era in history and even though the wisdom of the Founding Fathers was truly inspirational when they wrote our constitution with it's far reaching ability to change with the times we should also consider the fact that slavery was completely acceptable in those days even by those enlightened individuals. Mankind has made many advancements in the last couple of centuries. Unfortunately, there is a large percentage of the population that believes that persecuting homosexuals is not only justifiable but necessary despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:35 PM

Good grief! Have you ever heard of progress? Are you a Phelps follower?>

What a dangerous doctrine. Who gets to decide which way law is to change, you? The reason why "there is no freedom a part from the law" is they cannot be taken away. The founding fathers affirmed liberty in law. By your reasoning if law can change with your emotions, then murder can be approved in our society.

"Any human laws that contradict DIVINE LAW is null and void"

-General Alexander Hamilton, Sec of the Treasury, our greatest founding father.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
This thread is turning into a venue for hatred, and lies.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:39 PM

slavery was completely acceptable in those days even by those enlightened individuals.>

This is a misconception propogated by the liberal media, and in our schools. Only the liberal's, Jefferson, Madison, and Washington had slaves, the greater majority never even owned slaves, and they were true Christians.

Mankind has made many advancements in the last couple of centuries. Unfortunately, there is a large percentage of the population that believes that persecuting homosexuals is not only justifiable but necessary despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.>

Actually, homosexuality causes disease and death, and it would destroy the earth, by stopping population. It is sin, that God will judge. Don't be deceived.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:40 PM

This thread is turning into a venue for hatred, and lies.>

Exactly! The lies of Sin!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Do you think they should be put in jail?>

Jail time, yes.
First let me say that I'd like this conversation to be allowed to develop constructively so let me ask everyone on both sides of the issue to refrain from personal attacks because I can see how it could get to that point very quickly and be closed.
Ok, you've just stated that putting someone in prison would be appropriate because of their sexual orientation. I'd like you to elaborate on your thoughts a little bit. There are a great many gay and lesbian organizations, gay bars and a wide variety of ways for gays and lesbians to interact and meet each other. I'm assuming from your statement about jail time that you would also crack down on everything that gay people are involved in. That would probably mean closing every gay bar, setting up police sting operations to catch gay people, shutting down gay organizations and doing everything possible to make life a living hell for gay people. Is that what you'd like to do?
In other words, I'm asking you if homosexuality were made illegal what sort of police actions and political legislation would you like to see put in place?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM

That would probably mean closing every gay bar, setting up police sting operations to catch gay people, shutting down gay organizations and doing everything possible to make life a living hell for gay people. Is that what you'd like to do?>

That's what the framers did. Your beef is with Jesus Christ, the Bible, George Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, Jay, Madison, etc.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
That's what the framers did.
Well, not really. I doubt very much that gay bars existed in those days and I'm quite certain that an annual gay pride event didn't happen in major American cities. Anyone who felt attracted to a member of the same sex in the late 1700's probably kept their thoughts to themselves.
I must admit that I feel a deep sense of hostility towards gay people if you would subject them to imprisonment and taking away their civil liberties. Let me ask you this. Is this due to your religious beliefs entirely or do you have any life experiences that have led you to this rather extreme position? As sanspeur pointed out you seem to have completely disregarded the concept that mankind has made progress over the centuries and it seems to me that you would like to roll back the clock a few hundred years in order to persecute people that you don't have the slightest understanding of. To be honest, the Christians who I respect and admire the most are those who have been able to adapt to changes in society and outgrow beliefs that should have been left in the dark ages. Why would you intentionally cause such punishment and pain for people you don't even know?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Mg,
Allow me to apologize upfront because I don't want to derail your train of thought, but I have noticed that the founding fathers were fond of wearing powdered wigs with brightly colored outfits. In other words, Macho men!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality