Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
Yesterday I saw a van with huge letters: "Pray to stop abortions".
Immediately I thought about people who own the van, about doctor that been killed: "F-ing killers".
So yes, it created anti christian image in my mind.
As though you loved us before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 12:56 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
This is not to debate the idiot that gunned down the "doc". This is just a question regarding perception of Christians as a whole in response to the incident. Please don't drag this off-topic. You want a topic to discuss Tiller, post one yourself.
No, because the man who gunned down the doc wasn't Christian. If he was Christian he wouldn't have gunned down the doc.

Are atheist getting more violent? What about Columbine, and these were just atheistic kids?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I think obama needs to give Christianity the same treatment that people give islam. At minimum.
And you don't think he is because of some people in the Atheist forum on City-data.

Gosh I don't know what Obama is thinking.. why doesn't he take time out of his day to satisfy your request to have him check the atheist forum on city-data and then address any concerns to the country. Makes perfect nonsense.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
I think we just had another event. The News sites on the Web are full of reports on an older man walking into the Holocaust Museum in DC and killing a guard. Seems he was a White Supremacist with a long record.
That would make three nut cases in just a few weeks, starting with the Doctor, the Soldier in Kansas City, and now the guard in DC.
There sure seem to be a lot of crazes out, is the moon full or something?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I think we just had another event. The News sites on the Web are full of reports on an older man walking into the Holocaust Museum in DC and killing a guard. Seems he was a White Supremacist with a long record.
That would make three nut cases in just a few weeks, starting with the Doctor, the Soldier in Kansas City, and now the guard in DC.
There sure seem to be a lot of crazes out, is the moon full or something?
The moon was full on June 7th at 6:12 pm.....Actually two people were shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jieSy...layer_embedded

Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Agreed <flying smooch>

Knowing the dirty work of the Popes in the middle Ages, I'll prefer the separation with a grudge.

May I also offer you some refreshments, so you can stoke christian-hate without fatigue?
I am not "stoking Christian-hate" I am pointing out actual beliefs and behaviors. If by doing so, Christians are offended, perhaps they should reevaluate their beliefs!

Thanks for the offer for refreshments even if it was intended as sarcasm.
God's love be with you as always.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No, because the man who gunned down the doc wasn't Christian. If he was Christian he wouldn't have gunned down the doc.

Are atheist getting more violent? What about Columbine, and these were just atheistic kids?
Christians only kindle the anger and hatred that lead to killing by "non-Christians".

Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Christians only kindle the anger and hatred that lead to killing by "non-Christians".
Quote:
At best, The Angry Christian helps to relieve the guilt of those who are angry at the world around them; at worst, it reinforces the belief that one can remain angry as long as one believes that the anger has a "just" cause

Angry Like God? | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
weak. The article takes a concept and using psychology re-works it to make it sound bad.

not impressed with "Christianity Today".

Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am not "stoking Christian-hate" I am pointing out actual beliefs and behaviors. If by doing so, Christians are offended, perhaps they should reevaluate their beliefs!

Thanks for the offer for refreshments even if it was intended as sarcasm.
God's love be with you as always.
The offer was real I was having protein shakes, carb laxatives, egg-free cake substitute all lined up on a platter.

Hope you can use them for increased throughput

messages #12, #15, #18, #38 were easy to count
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality