U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-24-2009, 03:15 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,572,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
In order to actually document a miracle I would have to have some serious physical evidence before I could accept such a claim. Saying a bunch of people saw something isn't really documentation. There are hundreds of people in the Phoenix area who swear they saw a large triangular shaped UFO even though it was later proven to be military flares. That sort of thing is not reliable. For both Lazarus and Jesus I would need something that isn't possible to get and that's a complete forensics workup like you'd get at a crime scene. I would have to have DNA evidence that proved that a dead body has gone through the process of rigormortis and decomposition and also more DNA to prove that the resurrected body was in fact the same individual. We'll never have evidence like that for any event that has been declared to be a miracle because there isn't any.
If the phoenix lights were just military flares, why did the military send planes after them? And why were those planes unable to get close to them? And why were the city lights reflected off the bottom of this object? And why did this large object block out the stars when it passed over?

This is just another one of those miracles some try to explain away.

The Why Files website your portal to unexplained phenomenon. Discover the facts about UFOs and Alien Visitation (http://www.thewhyfiles.net/phoenixlights.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 03:16 AM

4,512 posts, read 4,665,202 times

this thread is about "miracles".

it is a known fact that science and certain industries are hot on prediction and pre-warning systems regarding earthquakes and other natural "disasters". the u.s.a. are world leaders, as far as common knowledge goes.

less accepted seems the fact that animal behavior can also be observed/"studied", and it would stand to reason whether that could not do the same or even better (\!!) than all technical equipment.

as to Lionpainter's personal story including his predictive "talent" deserving consideration in my estimation, he would still need to integrate that mental power with a "reasonable" understanding of the workings of the modern world. IMHO.

thanks, coosjoaquin, for sharing the news on news coverage.

i once lived in an earthquake- and hurricane-prone area and had ample opportunities to give thought to these things (and how common folks are treated when doing so, yes).

Last edited by effie g-tad; 06-24-2009 at 03:28 AM..

Old 06-24-2009, 07:28 AM

1,041 posts, read 759,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
300 quakes a year huh? Why that is almost one per day and makes any prediction of a quake in Iran child's play doesn't it....I predict that there will be more than 300 quakes in the US within a week.....Predictions like this are meaningless because they are almost a sure thing, certainly not miracles.

Well, no quake has shook the ground in Iran for a quite sometime now, at least according to the USGS. Seems to me, that if a quake pops up out of nowhere, where none has been active, then there is considerable relationship between what I have said and what has happened.

When I refer to earth shaking events it means the earth shakes. Now, if I were to put Great in front of earth shaking event then you would know that a powerful earth shaking event is about too and will happen.

But, remember why I even said this would happen in Iran. My Father points out evil.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM

20 posts, read 2,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Jesus showed man many miracles from raising of the dead to curing the sick. Lazarus after days of decay, Jesus raises him back to life. How is that possible? Miracles have been documented throughout history. Our Lady of Fatima another glorious time in history that showed man miracles. For those who don't believe in God and Jesus Christ, give a logical explanation to so many miracles in the history of man.
You could ask the same of Homer or the Illyiad. You don't beleive those stories are real do you? Why not? Where's your proof? Exactly!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanishrose1 View Post
You could ask the same of Homer or the Illyiad. You don't beleive those stories are real do you? Why not? Where's your proof? Exactly!

now this is unfair, imho.

where is your interest in the proof - when computer communications are obviously insufficient?

(if possible!)

Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 AM

Good morning effie. Are you in the video you sent me? It was awesome and thanks. Ever since I've been able to pick up a pencil I have been able to draw. Music is so much apart of my art that a couple years ago I went to the University of Pitt, Eye, ear nose, to see if I had the range to sing. I did and I took lessons from a excellent teacher named Doug. If you saw me working you would think I have too much fun. I enjoy music so much that I have taught myself to play keyboard. I took lessons for about six months. If life didn't become so hectic I would have stayed with it, but I didn't so I started playing the keyboard just to come up with various songs on my own.
One of my all time favorites is Elton John. His music is very inspirational to me, just like the one you showed me. Music and art one and the same for me.

Little off topic, but just had to say it. Back to miracles

Old 06-24-2009, 07:48 AM

24,878 posts, read 18,318,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the phoenix lights were just military flares, why did the military send planes after them? And why were those planes unable to get close to them? And why were the city lights reflected off the bottom of this object? And why did this large object block out the stars when it passed over?

This is just another one of those miracles some try to explain away.

The Why Files website your portal to unexplained phenomenon. Discover the facts about UFOs and Alien Visitation (http://www.thewhyfiles.net/phoenixlights.htm - broken link)
Sheesh, now ufos are miracles?

These lights have been explained as military flares dropped during an exercise. Air National Guard pilot, Lt. Col. Ed Jones confirmed that he had flown one of the aircraft in the formation that dropped flares on the night in question.The squadron to which he belonged was in fact in Arizona on a training exercise at the time,

Military flares such as these can be seen from hundreds of miles with correct environmental conditions. Later comparisons with known military flare drops were reported on local television stations, showing similarities between the known military flare drops and the Phoenix Lights.

But hey, perhaps really were ufos, but miracle they were not.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:58 AM

Miracles do happen in this world, for this world was created by God. There have been many miracles documented. It just amazes me that so little faith is on this planet after everything God has given. Well, I got to get to work. Talk later. I would like to hear from more people about their experiences with saving grace. If you're out there.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sheesh, now ufos are miracles?

These lights have been explained as military flares dropped during an exercise. Air National Guard pilot, Lt. Col. Ed Jones confirmed that he had flown one of the aircraft in the formation that dropped flares on the night in question.The squadron to which he belonged was in fact in Arizona on a training exercise at the time,

Military flares such as these can be seen from hundreds of miles with correct environmental conditions. Later comparisons with known military flare drops were reported on local television stations, showing similarities between the known military flare drops and the Phoenix Lights.

But hey, perhaps really were ufos, but miracle they were not.

Gee just had to get in on this. I know firmly that as diverse as our own planet is, so too, is the diversity of the universe. The miracle is that God has created beyond this earth and continues to create, just like I continue to create. Now I got to get to work..lol..I think I'm working now..lol...

Old 06-24-2009, 08:06 AM

i would still say, the word "miracle" alone triggers all sorts of (\!! yes!) funny vibes and stirs emotional turbulences in people, maybe we should agree on the term "unexplainable phenomena"?

Lionpainter, could you provide proof under the usual scientific testing conditions?

(i doubt that, judging from my own experiences. and no, i'm not the lady in question, but perhaps resembling her in some way. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality