Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 02:15 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
^
q.e.d. ?

if the answer were mine..

YouTube - The Flower [Part 1]

you are welcome.

God's beauty is magnificent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Yes, it is caused by people. People who used the teachings of Christ or religion to gain power over men to destroy nations. And with that, they invoked God's name.

My next door neighbor and I just tried to find out exactly how many people are laid off in this country and could not find it. I know there is over 300 some odd million people living in this country, but we couldn't seem to find exactly how many people are not working in this country.
I think the unemployment rate is just under 10% in America.

I get what you mean about the credit crunch but how is this a miracle sign of the apocalypse? The situation was a million times worse for a lot more people back in the 1930's

Old 06-29-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I think the unemployment rate is just under 10% in America.

I get what you mean about the credit crunch but how is this a miracle sign of the apocalypse? The situation was a million times worse for a lot more people back in the 1930's

Good morning Coosjoaquin...actually, there has never been as many people laid off now then ever before in America. I know the rate of unemployed people is around 10%, but is that 15 million people or what. I was trying to find an actual number. From what I have learned the real unemployment number is more like 17% to 20%. Since it's been over a year and a half many people who started out collecting unemployment checks have gone off the payrolls so to speak. And the number of part time workers seeking full time employment is up too along with people who just gave up.

Now granted there are more people in the United States than years ago, but with such a state of fragility of the economy and no signs of abatement it tends to get a little precarious. Hence, my statement, in the Book of Revelation; I open a door no one can close, I close a door no one can open.

Not to mention; George W. and the republicans who used the teachings of Christ and religion to gain power over men to destroy nations and the same can be said of Bin Laden, Iran's supreme leader and others who use God's word to gain power over people.

Then you have the signs that were in heaven and earth, such as last fall, when a star, (planet, but in the old days people did not know the difference) shines so bright not seen since Jesus birth, and last fall the moon was red as blood and the rare alignment of the moon and stars to form a triangle and there are others that I would need to think and remember.

As far as the apocalypse goes it talks of an abomination of desolation where it ought not to be. And then you have the wars in Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan and upheaval in Iran. Then you match that up with environmental degradation, earthquakes that have foamed up the sea,(Indonesia) great storms that have plagued the world and so forth.

But, this I can surely tell you that the world is not going to end, but a New Beginning is at hand. A New Age in which man will be lifted up out of it's ignorance and arrogance to begin this New Beginning. But, to be sure, there is great pain that comes with it (tribulations) and through this pain mankind will learn how to grow as one race.

The signs are there. I have to get to work talk later...have a good day...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM

So another plane crashes in a stormy Indian Ocean with a 153 people on board and only a young boy of 5 years of age is found alive. And people don't believe in miracles or God or Jesus Christ!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
So another plane crashes in a stormy Indian Ocean with a 153 people on board and only a young boy of 5 years of age is found alive. And people don't believe in miracles or God or Jesus Christ!
Sorry Lionpainter but anyone who kills 152 people for whatever reason doesn't deserve the title of god.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
No miracle for the other 152 people? Whas up wit dat?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:41 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,978 times
Quote:
They don’t think that was the only infant on board.
“Those on board included families with children and there were at least three babies on board."

There is no kind and loving god.
And there certainly isn’t a god worthy of worship.
Or there is no god at all.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
They don’t think that was the only infant on board.
“Those on board included families with children and there were at least three babies on board."

There is no kind and loving god.
And there certainly isn’t a god worthy of worship.
Or there is no god at all.

Well, people, did I not say that the number 5 and 8 are significant in the Church? You seem to think that because there were families taken from this world that God was spiteful. God chose these people to move on from this earth, some will help Him in heaven. And God chose this five year old boy to show the world that He exist.

If no one ever died, the world would perish. This is just life on this planet.
All people die at one point or another, but all that believe, keep with His faith and do good works in His name, shall never die.

I know how hard it is for people to have faith in God or His Son. It's not easy thing to understand God, but it is not suppose to be. God challenges us to have faith.

I will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:39 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
I have news for you lionpainter....faith will not ward of death when he comes a callin'....You will eat that big old dirt sandwich just like everyone else....You can believe in an afterlife if you want, but once you're dead it won't matter...You will be just like the rest of us, slowly returning to mother earth.

Last edited by sanspeur; 06-30-2009 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Well, people, did I not say that the number 5 and 8 are significant in the Church? You seem to think that because there were families taken from this world that God was spiteful. God chose these people to move on from this earth, some will help Him in heaven.
It doesn't matter if god was angry, enjoyed those deaths or felt remorse , it's still inexcusable.

Quote:
And God chose this five year old boy to show the world that He exist.
By what? Leaving him to grow up as an orphan? Sorry but I can't agree with this.

Quote:
If no one ever died, the world would perish. This is just life on this planet.
Wasn't that god's plan in the first place?

Anyways, I can understand people dying from old age, human error and simple bad luck but to have you tell me that god is actively murdering people just leads me to say that this god is not worth the worship.

Quote:
All people die at one point or another, but all that believe, keep with His faith and do good works in His name, shall never die.
Except those on the plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality