Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,563 times

Advertisements

I’ve seen a few times when some Christians come back and say how us atheists hate god.
Or how could we believe that god would want this or that.
These sort of statement makes no sense to me.
How can we hate something that isn’t there?

Aeroman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 06:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
My wife and I give to several charitable organizations.
No need at this point to set up another one.
And one is a Christian organization.

Why would you think that we would not?
True donors don't flash such pictures for sensationalism or to score brownie points on an anonymous message board. You aspiring to be Bono? There already is one.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:08 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It's God not gawd. Well, God had said alot of things to me that I needed to change. Well, I don't have anything to hide, but God once told me that I was selfish, and had an attitude problem, and that I needed to grow up.

So, guess what I didn't complain for long, because I recognized the error in my ways, and so I changed what He asked me to change.
So let me ask you this. You don't give credit to yourself much, do you? You are the one who changed, no one told you to do so.
It appears that those who "change" always give credit to god thing. Not the themselves. Pretty sad state.

Quote:
If I tell you not to play with a snake because it will bite you, it's not a scare tactic. It is a way of telling you about the danger of playing with snakes. But if people still want to play with the snake, I'm not going to twist there arm and make them change their. I only say, when you get bite, don't blame anyone but yourself.
Weak argument.
Snake is real, bite is real and danger of the bite is real. You're comparing myth and reality. Not working!

Quote:
I don't play scare tactics. I tell the person it is there choice, God or not. It is that simple.
Yes you do, you just don't want to admit it

Quote:
I'm not preaching, I'm giving my answer. I didn't prepare a sermon.
If you say so.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
True donors don't flash such pictures for sensationalism or to score brownie points on an anonymous message board. You aspiring to be Bono? There already is one.
First off your wrong about “true donors” is that something like “ true Christians” lol
Anyway. Are you trying to derail the thread?
I posted the photo because that is part of my argument that there is no god.

Lets not stray to far from the ops question.

Last edited by Aeroman; 06-19-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Quote:
Why don't you talkers quit talking and set up a trust fund to feed Somalia?

I promise I'll contribute too

Only man enough to spew photos on a message board?
veni, vidi, vinci? would really really love it!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:14 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
So let me ask you this. You don't give credit to yourself much, do you? You are the one who changed, no one told you to do so.
It appears that those who "change" always give credit to god thing. Not the themselves. Pretty sad state.

Weak argument.
Snake is real, bite is real and danger of the bite is real. You're comparing myth and reality. Not working!

Yes you do, you just don't want to admit it

If you say so.
pointless

Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times
Quote:
pointless
Yet, you can't explain any of it.

Thought so!!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Actually I already have, but your or I don't have any means to see what God could or will do for that child.

What is happening to this child is horrible, and we don't know the entire circumstance to why this child is going through this matter. We must understand that there are things that is going on in the world that are horrible, because of human hands.

People have a tendency to blame God for everything and over look the wickedness of men.

I read about a family that purposely starved their children nearly half to death. I think they had about 6 kids. Now the people were responsible for what they were doing to these kids. But I'm sure that people will say that God is at fault.

We are only looking at a picture and don't really know the real circumstance of what is really going on. I pray for people all the time. I can only know if my prayers is being answered if I am there to see it, but don't doubt it being done.

I see people here in america all the time that are hurting and sick. I pray for them and go about my day and assist them as needed. When I am dealing with people on a more personal level and I pray for them, I have the opportunity to see God work, because I am there to see it. When I am praying for someone on television, how am I to know what God is doing in there life, unless God gives me a revelation of that.
You're contradicting yourself. First, you said that god will answer prayer. Now, it's god could. But we all know he won't. Because there is no god - just as Aeroman says.
Concerning the "Choice" of going to heaven or hell, I invite you to post in the forum entitled: Do Christians Differentiate Between Choice And Ultimatum?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Oddly enough, no mention of your wonderful god. Have you conveniently forgotten?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Oddly enough, no mention of your wonderful god. Have you conveniently forgotten?
This isn't about God.

And I don't derail threads. I am not the one who posted gory images of suffering babies. I can understand some people can have that fetish.

The Somalian famine buttressed by the political turmoil is largely the handiwork of men.

God's not the architect of dictators. You just can't walk across I-85 at 12 noon, expecting the archangel to be sent to airlift you. Only stupid people do that.

It's also not God's fault that some christian woman sucks bad at the whip/handcuffs bed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality