Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 AM

218 posts, read 397,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Good grief, the Glen Rose fossil prints have been explain over and over. It's just that a lot of folks who insist on YEC do not want to hear it.
I've read those 'explanations' and even communicated personally with Glen Kuban who supposedly 'exposed' the whole matter as fraud. I don't believe it for a second because we are talking about footprints that were discovered in the same general region of Texas by about five different research teams. They uncovered about 59 human footprints and analyzed them for veracity, a little of which is seen above in my previous posts.

I told Kuban personally that I thought he was not telling the truth in his analysis.

I myself have been on the field and I have seen human footprints stepping inside dino prints in northern Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 AM

Default I reject that analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I know about that one, Delta is practically my back yard. I think I've dug trilobites as the same quarry where they found it (the guy who owns it is a crook, he charges 20 bucks a head to dig for only a couple of hours )

It is vaugely shaped like a modern flip-flop but it is totally flat. Unless someone was wearing flat planed boards carved to match the contour of flip-flops and stomp-walked, there would be some variation in depth based on the strike of the heel, the roll of the foot as it landed, and the push off from the toes. Also, the trilobite is not smashed down into the former mud as it would by flat object pressed down on it. And, there is no big toe.

AND...there is only one. Fossil footprints leave a trail in same strata, so there should have been more than one.

This looks like a rock that just happened to form with a shoe shape to me.
Pseudofossil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Him being a crook has no bearing on what was found in solid rock. "There is no big toe". Are you joking? You expect there to be toe prints through the soul of the sandal?

I reject your analysis.

Last edited by Kirkwhisper; 12-30-2009 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
What was discovered in Glen Rose is more than sufficient but I can do even better than that:

Found at about the 9,000 ft elevation near Delta, Utah. A human sandal print stepping on trilobites. They are supposed to have been exinct for 180 million yrs. I have more photos but I am not certain how many pictures I can place here per post.
The specimen does contain several real trilobites, but the "print" itself is questionable on several accounts. Upon closer inspection the overall shape is seen to consist of a spall pattern in a concretion-like slab, similar to others in the area. There is no evidence that it was ever part of a striding sequence, nor evidence that it was ever on an exposed bedding plane. The "print" is very shallow and shows no sign of pressure deformation nor foot movement at its margin. The supposed "heel" demarcation is actually a crack that runs across the entire slab, beyond the boundary of the supposed print. The slight relief difference at this point is due to slight movement along the crack line (Conrad, 1981; Stokes, 1986).
The "Meister Print"

Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
I've read those 'explanations' and even communicated personally with Glen Kuban who supposedly 'exposed' the whole matter as fraud. I don't believe it for a second because we are talking about footprints that were discovered in the same general region of Texas by about five different research teams. They uncovered about 59 human footprints and analyzed them for veracity, a little of which is seen above in my previous posts.

I told Kuban personally that I thought he was not telling the truth in his analysis.

I myself have been on the field and I have seen human footprints stepping inside dino prints in northern Arizona.
Whoopee, and I lived my whole life in Dallas, Texas (until I moved to Colorado 10 years age) and been to Glen Rose several times and stood in the very riverbed with the prints. Since I am no paleontologist or historical geologist, me having been there doesn't account for much as what I think I am seeing may not be what I'm actually seeing.

I'm not talking about the fraud explanation. I am talking about the explanation of the "human prints" actually being metatarsal footprints of the therapods that were stalking the sauropods on that day.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:44 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
I am new here but I have been reading this debate. Having read extensively about the Glen Rose, Paluxy river footprints and the Alvis Delk prints, I agree with Campbell. There is too many footprints to be faked and great care was taken to verfiy the Alvis Delk footprints.

But I have observed that every time there is a discovery of human with dinosaur prints or human footprints in rock much too old then evolutionist cry 'fraud', 'fake'. I don't buy it.
Carl Baugh's latest Fake

Carl Baugh of Glen Rose Texas is the proprietor of the Creation Evidence Museum. Baugh is best known for his unaccredited degrees and his many fraudulent evidences that humans and dinosaurs coexisted. His latest is the Alvis Delk Cretaceous Footprint.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Default They are real

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The specimen does contain several real trilobites, but the "print" itself is questionable on several accounts. Upon closer inspection the overall shape is seen to consist of a spall pattern in a concretion-like slab, similar to others in the area. There is no evidence that it was ever part of a striding sequence, nor evidence that it was ever on an exposed bedding plane. The "print" is very shallow and shows no sign of pressure deformation nor foot movement at its margin. The supposed "heel" demarcation is actually a crack that runs across the entire slab, beyond the boundary of the supposed print. The slight relief difference at this point is due to slight movement along the crack line (Conrad, 1981; Stokes, 1986).
The "Meister Print"
No, they are fossils of real trilobites. Things are only 'questionable' because such findings reveal the errors of evolutionary thought.

What you said is in error.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Him being a crook has no bearing on what was found in solid rock. "There is no big toe". Are you joking? You expect there to be toe prints through the soul of the sandal?

I reject your analysis.
NO, the "toes" of the "footprint" are a random line, not shaped like a foot at all. There is literally no big toe, the line of the "footprint" does not indent where the big toe should be.

You don't have to be scientist to make my "analysis"... you just have to put on a pair of flip flops and walk through wet sand to see what is missing here.

It hurts my feelings and makes me cry to be so rejected, but alas... I'm still not convinced. This one is is a pseudofossil, and nothing more.

Next piece of evidence ?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Carl Baugh's latest Fake

Carl Baugh of Glen Rose Texas is the proprietor of the Creation Evidence Museum. Baugh is best known for his unaccredited degrees and his many fraudulent evidences that humans and dinosaurs coexisted. His latest is the Alvis Delk Cretaceous Footprint.
'unaccredited'. So what?

We care about the truth, not whether we have the approval of those who believe evolution is a fact when in fact it is a myth.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
'unaccredited'. So what?

We care about the truth, not whether we have the approval of those who believe evolution is a fact when in fact it is a myth.
If you had even the slightest intention of finding and knowing the "truth" you would not be so quick to deny everything that doesn't fit nicely in the little emotional box you've already made for yourself.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 AM

Default Did you see these ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Whoopee, and I lived my whole life in Dallas, Texas (until I moved to Colorado 10 years age) and been to Glen Rose several times and stood in the very riverbed with the prints. Since I am no paleontologist or historical geologist, me having been there doesn't account for much as what I think I am seeing may not be what I'm actually seeing.

I'm not talking about the fraud explanation. I am talking about the explanation of the "human prints" actually being metatarsal footprints of the therapods that were stalking the sauropods on that day.
Did you cover the whole are in order to see all 59 human footprints that have been discovered through the years?

Did you see these:

There are a lot more from Glen Rose that I can post for your inspection. Man and dinosaur were contemporary. Both the evidence and the Bible say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality