U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2013, 07:15 AM

657 posts, read 305,284 times

Advertisements

And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth - Christian Forums
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM

5,503 posts, read 2,168,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Didn't you read the part where God said he created the sun, the moon, and the stars?
Well if it's in there it MUST be true!!
Quote:
Wormwood is one of those stars. Everything talked about in revelations are literal events that will come to pass.
And if it's true it MUST be talking about Wormwood!! What ELSE could POSSIBLY be the case?!!

Thanks for opening my eyes. I'm off to repent in sackcloth and ashes as we speak!

Old 10-17-2013, 11:25 AM

5,251 posts, read 5,434,848 times
Deny all you want. Doesn't mean the truth is going to change.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Deny all you want. Doesn't mean the truth is going to change.
Let me make this as simple as I possibly can. Even granted for the sake of argument that god made the stars, when you see wormwood mentioned in a passage of a book that is so over the top with its imagery that even Christians can not agree what to interpret literally or symbolically, or what it means or whether it is already fulfilled or yet to be fulfilled, you do NOT have the meaning wrapped up in a bow and delivered for objective consideration. You are connecting dots that aren't there to connect.

You can deny all you want ... doesn't mean the truth is going to change.

There is a whole segment of Fundamentalism that believes the Revelation was fulfilled with the sacking of Jerusalem, that the "abomination that causes desolation" is the roman legions defiling the temple in 70 AD, and/or that Nero was the Antichrist. There are others who believe in a dual fulfillment, that it applies both to that and to a future fulfillment. Others say it is in the future. Others say that it is not a literal prediction.

This is a problem in the same league with proving god. Which god? Which interpretation of god? Yours? Why yours and not the next person's? Do you think you have a monopoly on correctly understanding god or the Bible? Indeed, why, the Bible, and not the Quran, the Bhagvad Gita, or something I just wrote last night?

If the Bible, do you claim that it is even possible to ascertain the One True Interpretation?

And now ... wait for it ... a reply of the general form, "well, I know what I believe and I know it's right, you can deny it all you want, doesn't change that it's true ..."

Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM

13,907 posts, read 5,240,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Interesting that this thread was spawned by another failed end time prediction. 2013 is nearly over and still no immanent cosmic threat. The few that offered their silly predictions must be feeling very stupid at this time.
There ya have it, folks!

Old 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM

1,494 posts, read 943,838 times

Wormwood : Scientists say Earth has 1.75 Billion Years left unless a Asteroid Hits (Sep 20, 2013) - YouTube

Old 01-26-2014, 11:50 PM

439 posts, read 135,853 times
Default "Wormwood" has already happened

Wormwood is a Russian word for Chernobyl. On April 26, 1986 in Pripyat, Russia the nuclear plant Chernobyl exploded. After the explosion it rained for 4 days and Cesium 137 rained down into the water and everything it touched became radioactive. Many people were drinking the contaminated water. 125,000 died with 2 million people infected. Find a way to go online and look up a Bible in Russian. If you read Rev 8:10-11 in the Russian Bible it will actually say Chernobyl instead of Wormwood.

5 trumpets have already been blown. The 6th trumpet will blow very soon. We will probably encounter it this year with a WW3 killing one third of mankind. Which is over 2 billion people. The signing of the peace agreement on April 29, 2014 marks the beginning of the final seven years. You really need to do more bible reading if you're hearing this for the first time!

Rev 8:10-11 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

REMEMBER!!! JOHN WROTE REVELATION TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO. He had no knowledge of the things he saw. Technology did not exist in those days. It was all foreign to him. He could only write what he saw using the words and things he could relate to. He saw it burning as a lamp because he knew nothing about radioactivity.

If you don't believe me, please look at this!!!
Lesson 12 - The 7 Trumpets
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Apr 30, 2012
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 7, 2012

Then, after you watch that and realize we are living in the last days, you need to watch these in this EXACT order.
Lesson 1 - United States Discovered in the Bible
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Aug 12, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 3, 2011

Lesson 2 - New World Order is World Government
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 9, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 10, 2012

Lesson 3 - Islam in Bible Prophecy
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 16, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Sep 24, 2012

Lesson 4 - WWIII: Entrance Ramp for the Antichrist
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 21, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 28, 2013

Lesson 5 - Israel's God-Given Destiny
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Nov 4, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Nov 11, 2013

Lesson 6 - Israel God's Prophetic Timeclock
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Nov 18, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 25, 2011

Lesson 7 - The Holy Roman Empire Reborn
Part 1
http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/lib...GVXuhlqv4aYWXq
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Dec 9, 2013

Lesson 8 - The Antichrist and the False Prophet
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Feb 19, 2012
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Dec 23, 2013

Lesson 9 - 666 The Mark of the Beast
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Mar 4, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Mar 11, 2013

Lesson 10 - The Coming One-World Religion Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Aug 10, 2011

Lesson 11 - The Coming One-World Religion Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 2, 2012

Part 1
Part 2

Lesson 13 - The Second Coming
Part 1
iTBN - End of the Age - Jul 1, 2013
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - Oct 15, 2012

Lesson 14 - Kingdom of God
Part 1
***This one is not uploaded to iTBN for a reason. iTBN is a trinity broadcasting network and Irvin Baxter is not affiliated with the Trinity. Therefore, the views he expresses in this lesson would, in my opinion, go against what they teach.
Part 2
iTBN - End of the Age - May 13, 2013

Old 01-27-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
The 6th trumpet will blow very soon. We will probably encounter it this year with a WW3 killing one third of mankind.
It was smart of you to insert the word "probably", or I and at least a dozen others would set a calendar reminder to look this thread back up on January 1, 2015 and ask you to explain yourself.

My personal prediction: the world will be lurching along pretty much the same as it always does.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:23 PM

439 posts, read 135,853 times
Many people are under the misconception that the 7 trumpets will happen in the last days, aka the final seven years. That is just the way it was taught to us growing up because no one could understand or translate what John wrote. Humor me for a minute...

1st trumpet - Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
-World War I (1914-1918)
-8.2 million dead
-In WWI they implemented the scorched earth policy. They didn't want anything left alive; they said to burn it all up.

2nd trumpet - Rev 8:8-9 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
-World War II (1939-1945)
-52 million dead
-A great mountain burning with fire - the nuclear explosions of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
-The third part of the ships being destroyed - 105,127 participated in WWII, 36,387 were sunk. Divide those two numbers, you get a third.

3rd trumpet - Rev 8:10-11 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
-Wormwood: the Russian word for Chernobyl
-April 26, 1986 - Pripyat, Ukraine – Chernobyl plant exploded
-After the explosion it rained for 4 days and Cesium 137 rained down into the water. Everything it touched became radioactive. Many people were drinking the contaminated water. 125,000 died with 2 million people infected.

4th trumpet - Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
-I can't explain this 4th trumpet to you as well as Rev. Irvin Baxter, but the fall of the Berlin Wall is the 4th trumpet. That's when the NWO began. Tony Blair is quoted saying "Globalization began with the fall of the Berlin Wall." I will have a link at the bottom to Irvin Baxter's video about the 7 trumpets and it will give you way better details about this trumpet.
-Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
-Why does God speed up the time? How is it possible for time to speed up and days to be shortened? Einsteins theory of relativity plays into this one.

5th trumpet - Rev 9:1-2 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
-1990-1991 Saddam Hussein set 700 oil wells ablaze
-“I will never forget the day I picked up Newsweek magazine, and saw a picture of the skies of Kuwait after Saddam Hussein had set 700 oil wells on fire. Because of the smoke from the oil wells, it was as dark at noon as it was at midnight. The sun was not seen in Kuwait for over three months. The prophecy said that when this fifth angel sounded, smoke came up out of the pit, and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke. When else in the course of human history has such a thing occurred? My thought at that time was, Lord, could the Gulf War have been the sounding of the 5th Trumpet?” –Irvin Baxter
-Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
-Rev 9:7-9 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
-What is John seeing when he describes the locusts? Helicopters and/or other military air craft.
-Breastplates of iron and faces of men. The sound of their wings was like the sound of horses running to battle - he was hearing the sounds the military aircraft flying through the sky.
-Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
-The definition of the Greek word Apollyon is “a destroyer.” Abaddon, a Hebrew word, also means, “destroyer.” Many Bible versions translate this passage simply as “they had a king over them called the destroyer,” avoiding the words Apollyon and Abaddon altogether.
-"In 1991, I subscribed to the German Tribune. In an article on the Gulf Crisis I noticed that it spoke of Saddam “the destroyer” Hussein. “Why did they say ‘the destroyer?’” I wondered. My mind immediately went to Revelation 9:11. Not yet understanding the meaning of the trumpets, I wrote it off as coincidence. But I clipped the article anyway… just in case.
My turning point came in December 1997. I received in the mail my Jerusalem Post Weekly International Edition (December 13). In this particular edition, there was a human-interest story that caught my eye. It was about one of the very last Jewish families that had just escaped from Baghdad. One of the women told the story about when Saddam Hussein was being carried by his mother during the pregnancy. She was having horrible problems. The Iraqi doctors actually recommended an abortion. Saddam’s mother did not want that, so she moved into the Jewish sector of Baghdad where the finest doctors lived. They nursed her through the pregnancy." -Irvin Baxter
-"When he was finally born, his mother decided to name him Saddam, since he had caused her so much pain. The article said that the name Saddam means “the destroyer.” I have since verified this with an Arabic-English dictionary, as well as a friend of mine who is an Egyptian national. I said, “God, how can that be?” But then I thought, “How can it not be?” Here we have the sun being hidden by the smoke, attack helicopters described as locusts coming out of the smoke, and a king over them by the name of the destroyer — and Saddam’s name literally means “the destroyer.”
What are the odds that the Bible would call this king by his actual name? At what point can we no longer say, “This is a coincidence?” If we were reading an Iraqi Bible, it would say, “They had a king over them called Saddam.” -Irvin Baxter

Part 1
Part 2

Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM

10,836 posts, read 4,424,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
Wormwood is a Russian word for Chernobyl. On April 26, 1986 in Pripyat, Russia the nuclear plant Chernobyl exploded. After the explosion it rained for 4 days and Cesium 137 rained down into the water and everything it touched became radioactive. Many people were drinking the contaminated water. 125,000 died with 2 million people infected. Find a way to go online and look up a Bible in Russian. If you read Rev 8:10-11 in the Russian Bible it will actually say Chernobyl instead of Wormwood.
Sorry Chernobyl does not translate to English as Wormwood. the Russian word for Wormwood is Polyn

Quote:
Howdy, Jack!
I found the answer to the meaning of "chernobyl" in Ukrainan a couple of minutes after the show. Wish I had thought to search for it during the show! Here’s the scoop:
"Chernobyl" is the name of a plant, but it isn’t wormwood. It’s mugwort.
The reason that the confusion arose is that mugwort is related to wormwood. They are both members of the genus artimisia, but they are not the same species. Mugwort is artemisia vulgaris and wormwood is artemisia absinthium. Apparently a Russian author speaking to the New York Times wasn’t familiar enough with the words for various plants in English and got the two confused, starting the rumor.
The Ukrainian names for these plants are as follows:
The name chernobyl (Чорнобиль, chornobyl) corresponds to mugwort.
It is also called Полин звичайний (pronounced polyn zvychajnyj), which means "common polyn" or "common artemis"–Полин (polyn) being the name for artemis.
The term for wormwood is not chernobyl. Its technical name in Ukrainian is Полин гіркий (pronounced polyn hirkyj), which means "bitter polyn" or "bitter artemis." If I understand matters correctly, the name is usually just shortened to Полин (polyn), however.
So, if a Ukrainian speaker wants to refer to mugwort, he’ll say "chornobyl" but if he wants to refer to wormwood, he’ll say "polyn."
I have confirmation on this from this from two apparently independent sources:
Chernobyl (city) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/generic_frame.html?Arte_vul.html

SOURCE

Quote:
Did your Christian Leaders ever tell you made up stories at church in order to keep you faithful?
Did your Christian Leaders ever tell you made up stories at church in order to keep you faithful? Back in the days when I was still a Christian, I was once taught in one service that the 1986 Chernobyl disaster was mentioned in the book of Revelation:
'And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.'

This was astounding biblical prophesy because Chernobyl translated into English means 'Wormwood.' And I went on believing this amazing prophesy for ages after. For years religious folk talked of how Chernobyl proved the bible to be true.

Except it doesn't mean that at all.
Translated to English Chernobyl means approximately 'Dark Grass'
SOURCE

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 01-27-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality