Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Is there any reason to believe your message over that of say.....the mormon church, or jehovah's witnesses? Both of those organizations claim special revelation from God.
Our church doesn't claim revelation from God. We channel messages from former humans who are in the Celestial Heavens. Jesus is the Master of those Heavens.
We do not force our beliefs onto others. We are accepting of others and what they believe. We have no need to acquire believers. It's a soul thing and no one should force another. That is not Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Our church doesn't claim revelation from God. We channel messages from former humans who are in the Celestial Heavens. Jesus is the Master of those Heavens.
We do not force our beliefs onto others. We are accepting of others and what they believe. We have no need to acquire believers. It's a soul thing and no one should force another. That is not Love.

Why would you believe those messages from "former humans" over the special revelation given to mormons or jws?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Why would you believe those messages from "former humans" over the special revelation given to mormons or jws?
Because I do know that John Smith used his own words and distorted the messages. What is in place today is not all of which was channeled to him in the beginning.

I really don't know all that much about the JW's. I do have a friend that was married to one and she was miserable because their beliefs wouldn't allow her to enjoy life.

We are told when we channel, that we are to correct the punctuation only. Any other editing is not allowed because then we would be just like the Mormons. If we do find discrepencies, those messages get rechanneled either by the same author or another celestial who has higher truths. Now this does not mean that all the messages are 100% truth as they do go through the mind of the channeler. I'm just stating that they are more accurate in the lessons.

I have found some things that I don't believe and so I search out in other places, usually other channeled messages from other places, and get a better understanding or a different truth.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 AM

I just want to clarify, KD, that the reason some of the channeled messages don't ring true is because of the condition of my soul. It may be that I'm not ready for that particular truth or there was a misunderstanding when the message was channeled.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:25 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
This is going to get gooder.

In the meantime, there are some VERY valid points being made as well questions being asked.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
No, if you read carefully, it states, (FIRST), learn the lesson of the Fig tree. The Fig tree in the Scripture represents the nation of Israel, and only after the Fig tree shoots forth it leaves would that (GENERATION) see the prophecies all fulfilled. And it would be (THAT GENERATION), that would see the return of Jesus Christ. And that prophecy came to pass in the year 1948. And this prophecy is clearly spoken of in Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38, and 39. The Fig tree is the greatest sign of Christ coming, and that is why the Old Testament speaks of it in no less then four chapters. This is no hidden prophecy, and this prophecy was spoken of by Christians who lived hundreds of years ago, and they even wrote books about it. You are inserting the word (THEIR), yet not understanding that the main prophecy Christ was pointing to, was not fulfilled in (THEIR GENERATION). The Bible is telling you what generation it would be, yet you are bent on ignoring the prophecy. It is the Book of Revelation that tells you that when the Jews return, the nations of the East would be able to field a 200 million man army. Only in our time is this possible, and only in our time do we see the Jewish people back in Israel, and in control of Jerusalem. You are trying to force fit a prophecy without any understanding of the extended prophecies of the Bible. And this is why the Bible states that the natural man will not understand the things of the Spirit.

Such rubbish...

Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
I just want to clarify, KD, that the reason some of the channeled messages don't ring true is because of the condition of my soul. It may be that I'm not ready for that particular truth or there was a misunderstanding when the message was channeled.
imho, one should not fault themselves or fault be given to them by any human or themselves for that matter. You seem to be beating yourself up on the 'condition' of your soul. It's just as strong now as it was when the doctor slapped your bottom at birth.

I've said it before and I will say it again. There is a direct path between the person and Jesus Christ. Find it and no man shall stand in your way.

I've listened to people tell me, oh you shouldn't be doing this, you should be doing that. I'll try it and it's wrong. Wrong for me, right for them.

If I had to rely on some one else to tell me what Jesus Christ was saying in regards to my spiritual life... no. There again, this is right for me, could be wrong for you.

But don't go belieiving there is something not ready about you on those channeled messages, or what ever, because that's just wrong.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:27 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Because I do know that John Smith used his own words and distorted the messages. What is in place today is not all of which was channeled to him in the beginning.
Do you mean Joseph Smith?

How do you know that?

Quote:
I really don't know all that much about the JW's. I do have a friend that was married to one and she was miserable because their beliefs wouldn't allow her to enjoy life.

We are told when we channel, that we are to correct the punctuation only. Any other editing is not allowed because then we would be just like the Mormons. If we do find discrepencies, those messages get rechanneled either by the same author or another celestial who has higher truths. Now this does not mean that all the messages are 100% truth as they do go through the mind of the channeler. I'm just stating that they are more accurate in the lessons.

I have found some things that I don't believe and so I search out in other places, usually other channeled messages from other places, and get a better understanding or a different truth.
I'm sorry...but you really haven't given me any specific reasons why we should believe that the message given to you is any more valid than what Joseph Smith claimed to receive.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
It's because God is with Reverend1111.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I'm not, you really have to study ALL of the Bible to understand
Curious thing, when I studied the entire bible, I understood less and less. Nothing in it was consistent. When I found areas of the Bible that were just plain rude and derogatory, it was enough for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality