Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:31 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Why would you expect such a thing? The Bible is the best revelation that we have from God.

Having said that, creation itself testifies to the fact that there is a creator. The Cosmological argument states that for every effect there is a cause. Well.....the effect is the universe. Do you have an alternative cause?
Why would I expect such a thing? Well, there has to be more than a book. Why is it so hard to do? Again if I am going to believe it just because a book tells me too, I should believe in about 100 other gods.I am not going to invest my life into believing something that may have been written to control the masses at the time without something else to go on. yet I have to listen to I am going to hell because I do not believe, well then give me something to believe in, it should be easy to do, and not just from a book.
Cause of the universe? Big bang theory comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am an agnostic, basically I just don't know either way. Convince me of God WITHOUT quoting anything from the Bible. I promise to listen ( or read!) with open mind.
You have the basics so if you really want to know God and experience His love, try this experiment. It can take from three weeks to however long you decide to let go and let God. It took me about six weeks.

Everyday, three times a day, ask God to send His Divine Love to you. Do this in all honesty and ernestly. You will feel this love in your soul if you wish it. If you hold on to fear or inhabitions, it will not happen.
This experiment is free and cost nothing to you if you decide you no longer want to ask. God does not push anything on anyone.
Once you feel this Love, you will know how much God loves you and then all the religion stuff won't matter. You will know what is true and what is not. Then, for the rest of eternity, ask for this love everyday until you are in His presence. Again it is totally free.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:43 PM

I forgot to add that your life will change dramaticly. You will become a new person full of love for life and others as well as yourself.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM

71 posts, read 112,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Having said that, creation itself testifies to the fact that there is a creator. The Cosmological argument states that for every effect there is a cause. Well.....the effect is the universe. Do you have an alternative cause?
On that same note, God is the effect, but who is the creator?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You have the basics so if you really want to know God and experience His love, try this experiment. It can take from three weeks to however long you decide to let go and let God. It took me about six weeks.

Everyday, three times a day, ask God to send His Divine Love to you. Do this in all honesty and ernestly. You will feel this love in your soul if you wish it. If you hold on to fear or inhabitions, it will not happen.
This experiment is free and cost nothing to you if you decide you no longer want to ask. God does not push anything on anyone.
Once you feel this Love, you will know how much God loves you and then all the religion stuff won't matter. You will know what is true and what is not. Then, for the rest of eternity, ask for this love everyday until you are in His presence. Again it is totally free.
Wow, thank you for actually giving me an answer! What if I feel nothing? I have to be honest, the Bible is the reason I do not know the truth. I used to go to church, but things I heard and saw, just turned me away. Having the old testament and new testament made me really wonder. Which way is it? Things in my life and my families life have also turned me away. If there is a God and I do not completely believe am I destined for hell? Where is he and what is he waiting for? I live a moral life and I am good person, but am I still destined for hell?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I forgot to add that your life will change dramaticly. You will become a new person full of love for life and others as well as yourself.
I already have this. I always have. I appreciate your thoughtful answers though.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Wow, thank you for actually giving me an answer! What if I feel nothing? I have to be honest, the Bible is the reason I do not know the truth. I used to go to church, but things I heard and saw, just turned me away. Having the old testament and new testament made me really wonder. Which way is it? Things in my life and my families life have also turned me away. If there is a God and I do not completely believe am I destined for hell? Where is he and what is he waiting for? I live a moral life and I am good person, but am I still destined for hell?
Hell is a correction place only and, believe it or not, we are in hell here on earth. Those who murder, rape, harm others in any way and don't have regrets or guilt over it are the one's who live in the darkest part of hell. Those who live good lives, love and respect each other and basically enjoy being, will be in the light.

We all progress in heaven and no one goes straight to God. Hell is used in most religions as a scare tactice to convert others to their way of thinking. God is Love so why would He not love us and send some to hell and others not? That would just be stupid.

He sent us here to experience life for Him because He cannot leave His place. Being the love that you are is all God ask of us. He isn't religious and we shouldn't be either. Just be. Experience life to the fullest. Be happy in whatever you do and most of all, love yourself in every way so that that Love spreads to others.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Hell is a correction place only and, believe it or not, we are in hell here on earth. Those who murder, rape, harm others in any way and don't have regrets or guilt over it are the one's who live in the darkest part of hell. Those who live good lives, love and respect each other and basically enjoy being, will be in the light.

We all progress in heaven and no one goes straight to God. Hell is used in most religions as a scare tactice to convert others to their way of thinking. God is Love so why would He not love us and send some to hell and others not? That would just be stupid.

He sent us here to experience life for Him because He cannot leave His place. Being the love that you are is all God ask of us. He isn't religious and we shouldn't be either. Just be. Experience life to the fullest. Be happy in whatever you do and most of all, love yourself in every way so that that Love spreads to others.
Indeed that was the most heartfelt post I have seen. Instead of fire and brimstone threats, you tell me to just be and love. THAT I can and will do. I always wondered about religion. How can there be so many if the Bible is God's word? Wouldn't they all follow the same?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:05 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,104 times
Quote:
I am an agnostic, basically I just don't know either way. Convince me of God WITHOUT quoting anything from the Bible. I promise to listen ( or read!) with open mind.
I do go back and forth between being and an agnostic, I admit. However, I do not think you have to believe in the Bible to believe in God.

The strongest point to me to say God believes is because I simply believe there is a degree of advanced technological know to be needed to human beings to exists. I am not saying that God necessarily mad Adam and Eve when he created humanity.

I am saying that much of nature to me it requires know how, not just accidents here and there.
Granted some logicians talk about the rules of logic cannot accept the existence of God. Well, there is a point where people do live life and make decisions based on intutition. Very often people end up right. The bottom line is, what you see around enough for you to at least say there may be enough evidence there in nature to say there may be a God that had to do with such wonderful technology?

Why is it easier to believe that a car could not become by accident than a tremendously more advanced creation of the human body?

Why do you ask the question for people to convince you that there is a God? Do you feel you are missing something in life? Do you long for more spirituality?

It seems you want to believe in God but want to have 100% proof that he exists. Well, you may not get that. All you need to know if you simply accept what is out there to be enough to believe in God or not.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Indeed that was the most heartfelt post I have seen. Instead of fire and brimstone threats, you tell me to just be and love. THAT I can and will do. I always wondered about religion. How can there be so many if the Bible is God's word? Wouldn't they all follow the same?
Humans have a way of turning things around to control others. Instead of Love, they control so that fear is left and we then resort to violence. We can change all of that by loving each other as we are meant to.

When you think about it, every religion is based on the Love concept. That was too easy for the writers so there had to be additions and distortions. They wanted people to go to church, give money, do all sorts of things that God never once required from us. Every single person has love whether it's natural or Divine. And not once did anyone have to sacrifice or pay for or do anything to get that love. Natural love we are born with. Divine Love is the gift of salvation that is freely given when it's asked for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality