Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Well, actually, I have access to a few thousand messages from celestials that state the same thing. That we continue to learn in the spirit world so yeah, maybe it is a library.

It may be a joke to you but you see, I find the spirit world very fascinating because we will all be there someday. Those who usually don't have a clue about it are very confused when they do get there. I'd rather have my wits about me knowing what awaits.
Can I ask what Celestial are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Well, actually, I have access to a few thousand messages from celestials that state the same thing. That we continue to learn in the spirit world so yeah, maybe it is a library.

It may be a joke to you but you see, I find the spirit world very fascinating because we will all be there someday. Those who usually don't have a clue about it are very confused when they do get there. I'd rather have my wits about me knowing what awaits.

The Bible explicitly condemns divination. You should stop that stuff.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Can I ask what Celestial are?
Celestials are former humans who are on the Divine Love path to God. They reside in the Celestial Heavens where Jesus is master. The Celestial Heavens are near where God resides. There are more than one however, each one brings you closer to God.
Those who only perfect their natural love, like that of Adam and Eve when they were here, cannot enter these heavens. You must have God's substance in your soul to enter these heavens. As I understand it, once in these heavens, you are no longer a spirit with a soul. You become fully soul and can actually see and hear God with your soul perceptions. Jesus was the first and only human to ever acquire this status while on earth. Everyone can do this but most have either not heard of Divine love or refuse to accept it.

Sorry, got carried away.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
The Bible explicitly condemns divination. You should stop that stuff.
No. The bible clearly states to test the spirits to see if they are of God. Man is the one who condemns divination because of fear.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Mal 3:5 "I7 will come to you in judgment. I will be quick to testify against those who practice divination, those who commit adultery, those who break promises,8 and those who exploit workers, widows, and orphans,9 who refuse to help10 the immigrant11 and in this way show they do not fear me," says the LORD who rules over all.

Eze 13:23 Therefore you will no longer see false visions and practice divination. I will rescue my people from your power, and you25 will know that I am the LORD.' "

Jer 29:8 "For the LORD God of Israel who rules over all11 says, 'Do not let the prophets or those among you who claim to be able to predict the future by divination12 deceive you. And do not pay any attention to the dreams that you are encouraging them to dream.

Jer 27:9 So do not listen to your prophets or to those who claim to predict the future by divination,24 by dreams, by consulting the dead,25 or by practicing magic. They keep telling you, 'You do not need to be26 subject to the king of Babylon.'

2Ch 33:6 He passed his sons through the fire7 in the Valley of Ben-Hinnom and practiced divination, omen reading, and sorcery. He set up a ritual pit to conjure up underworld spirits and appointed magicians to supervise it.8 He did a great amount of evil in the sight of the LORD and angered him.9

2Ki 21:6 He passed his son8 through the fire9 and practiced divination and omen reading. He set up a ritual pit to conjure up underworld spirits, and appointed magicians to supervise it.10 He did a great amount of evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger.11

2Ki 17:17 They passed their sons and daughters through the fire,27 and practiced divination and omen reading. They committed themselves to doing evil in the sight of the LORD and made him angry.28

I can go on and on and on and on....

If you're going to call yourself a "reverend", you ought to at least know what the Bible says--if nothing else so you can make excuses. I mean, even the mormons disguise their teachings a bit.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Mal 3:5 "I7 will come to you in judgment. I will be quick to testify against those who practice divination, those who commit adultery, those who break promises,8 and those who exploit workers, widows, and orphans,9 who refuse to help10 the immigrant11 and in this way show they do not fear me," says the LORD who rules over all.

Eze 13:23 Therefore you will no longer see false visions and practice divination. I will rescue my people from your power, and you25 will know that I am the LORD.' "

Jer 29:8 "For the LORD God of Israel who rules over all11 says, 'Do not let the prophets or those among you who claim to be able to predict the future by divination12 deceive you. And do not pay any attention to the dreams that you are encouraging them to dream.

Jer 27:9 So do not listen to your prophets or to those who claim to predict the future by divination,24 by dreams, by consulting the dead,25 or by practicing magic. They keep telling you, 'You do not need to be26 subject to the king of Babylon.'

2Ch 33:6 He passed his sons through the fire7 in the Valley of Ben-Hinnom and practiced divination, omen reading, and sorcery. He set up a ritual pit to conjure up underworld spirits and appointed magicians to supervise it.8 He did a great amount of evil in the sight of the LORD and angered him.9

2Ki 21:6 He passed his son8 through the fire9 and practiced divination and omen reading. He set up a ritual pit to conjure up underworld spirits, and appointed magicians to supervise it.10 He did a great amount of evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger.11

2Ki 17:17 They passed their sons and daughters through the fire,27 and practiced divination and omen reading. They committed themselves to doing evil in the sight of the LORD and made him angry.28

I can go on and on and on and on....

If you're going to call yourself a "reverend", you ought to at least know what the Bible says--if nothing else so you can make excuses. I mean, even the mormons disguise their teachings a bit.
1 John 4

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

From what I understand of you biblers, Jesus fulfilled the OT and it is null and void. As you can see above in John, we are to test the spirits. The spirits I learn from are far more able to teach about God than your bible can teach me. They teach Love and that Jesus showed the way by His life. As per the scripture quote above, I believe that is what I should do. Test them to see if they are of God. All spirits that I learn from are of God and teach about God.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 AM

433 posts, read 964,179 times
Quote:
1 John 4

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

From what I understand of you biblers, Jesus fulfilled the OT and it is null and void. As you can see above in John, we are to test the spirits. The spirits I learn from are far more able to teach about God than your bible can teach me. They teach Love and that Jesus showed the way by His life. As per the scripture quote above, I believe that is what I should do. Test them to see if they are of God. All spirits that I learn from are of God and teach about God.
What?
what spirits? and how do you "learn" from them??

Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
What?
what spirits? and how do you "learn" from them??
Have you ever heard of mediumship? Well, the church I belong to has several well qualified mediums that only channel celestial spirits. They then record those messages and pass them on so that we can learn from them and what they teach about life and life in the spirit world. It's the same way of learning something as you would about math or history or science. It's written down to learn and teach others.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:48 AM

433 posts, read 964,179 times
Quote:
Have you ever heard of mediumship? Well, the church I belong to has several well qualified mediums that only channel celestial spirits. They then record those messages and pass them on so that we can learn from them and what they teach about life and life in the spirit world. It's the same way of learning something as you would about math or history or science. It's written down to learn and teach others.
did it ever occur to you that maybe....just maybe, those "mediums" are making things up as they go?!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
did it ever occur to you that maybe....just maybe, those "mediums" are making things up as they go?!
I really like the TV show!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality