Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times

Advertisements

(Speaking of Biblical God here)

... god was proven to be False (Christians?)

...god was proven to be True (Non-believers?)

What would you do? How would it change your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 01:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Well hypothetically if God was proven true (how I do not know) I would go with the flow, and learn all I can about him. And hope and ask for his forgiveness for not believing before. Oh and I do not think it would change my life to much, I am a good person now and have tons of love.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:35 PM

433 posts, read 964,179 times
hmmm....
if God was proven to be true (not sure how this is possible), i would ask a billion different questions from him and be pi$$ed off if he didn't answer them! after all, he'd be all knowing, all powerful; so he can take time from his busy schedule and answer my questions. (not asking for 'things' necessarily. just 'knowing' the answers to my complex questions are enough for me!)

Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 PM

17 posts, read 27,383 times
I would insist that he be prosecuted for crimes of mass genocide and if found guilty, that he be hanged. It was good enough for Saddam and he killed a lot less people than god.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiggoto View Post
I would insist that he be prosecuted for crimes of mass genocide and if found guilty, that he be hanged. It was good enough for Saddam and he killed a lot less people than god.
Can you hang someone that probably doesn't technically have a body?

Old 07-09-2009, 01:52 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
hi ShepsMom!

it might get me off ground zero. with my wings broken?

oh, i forget, flying fish have occurred elsewhere..

if it's not off topic .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOIfF...eature=related

Old 07-09-2009, 01:53 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,295 times
If god were proven to exist (not sure how that would happen, but whatever..) I would ask him/her where s/he came from (what created from).

Old 07-09-2009, 02:22 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
If God were proven not to exist then I have only gained in Love.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:25 PM

520 posts, read 895,735 times
If god were proven true belief in him would no longer be necessary, as i would accept it as fact

Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 PM

17 posts, read 27,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Can you hang someone that probably doesn't technically have a body?
As God is omni everything, he would know that he was going to get hanged anyway so he would probably arrange for an angel to impregnate a virgin who would give birth to his son. Sky TV would be there and Hello Magazine would have exclusive photo rights to the manger.

Once we had a 'physical god' in our midst, then he could manipulate the media and send out any message of love and goodwill that he wanted. I might even decide that I would forgive god for his sins. I would still want some assurances about heaven and hell (Imagine eternal life anywhere, are they really that different?) and some clarification about the bible, possibly a version 2, just to clear up any discrepancies.

Of course there would be the TV rights to tie in, guest appearances on the Simpsons and South Park and fees for personal appearances. The Second Coming could net a fortune. This time around Jesus would need his own Media team and 'protection' but the posibilities are infinite. World peace, the cure of all ills.

Of course it's never going to happen because there is no god, except in the imagination of mere mortals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality