Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
I am answering the replies one by one, and I have replied to your valuable reply in the post no. 42 page 5 of this thread.

LOL! I've read all your posts. It sounds like you're losing track. Sure, I'll be glad to reply to Post #42, page 5. But I'd like you to first answer this previous post (post #52, page 6). Just click the link. That way it'll help clarify your thinking.
Did Noah live 950 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Simple if you think about it...The Torah, Quran and the Bible are mainly fiction.
...........of course they would be similar......the Bible and Koran are derivatives of the Torah.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:02 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
It is not any circular argument; it says:

have you any book giving better guidance of God, than what is included in the Torah and the Quran?
How should I know? God hasn't shown up in person to provide guidance, so I'm left with his self-appointed representatives - who sure can't get their stories straight.

One of them tried to tell me that gravity and temperature is linked. Now, I can walk out in God's creation and test that, and it's just not so. If you're going to be wrong on something that basic, why should I trust you on anything else?

/Disclaimer: I don't believe in God. But if I did, I'd trust his creation over whatever book you wave at me. Savvy?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
There is a limited utility in trying to reason with folks that take the Bible literally.

By definition they do not understand logic and science.

According to all these replies, it is obvious that atheists do not consider any idea other than insisting on thier atheism and blasphemy, so whatever one may tell them, they will go on blindly in the darkness of their ignorance and stubbornness.

Moreover, it seems some atheists here do some group work.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I always like to end my day with a good laugh! Night all, and god bless the comedians!

And atheists use the mockery which is the tool of losers: the comedians, and they insert some comedian smilies.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I couldn't actually stand to read an entire thread where some people argued that the Noah myth (and probably his ridiculous ark too) were actually literal, so I skipped down.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but one of my favorite websites for humour is this:

Noah's Ark - a sinking ship (with only one pair of rats)

I laugh everytime I read this. For those who haven't seen this amusing one-page site before, enjoy.

The mockery of Noah's people

The mockery of some people here is like the mockery of the people of Noah, as in the Quran 11: 38
وَيَصْنَعُ الْفُلْكَ وَكُلَّمَا مَرَّ عَلَيْهِ مَلأٌ مِّن قَوْمِهِ سَخِرُواْ مِنْهُ قَالَ إِن تَسْخَرُواْ مِنَّا فَإِنَّا نَسْخَرُ مِنكُمْ كَمَا تَسْخَرُونَ . فَسَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ مَن يَأْتِيهِ عَذَابٌ يُخْزِيهِ وَيَحِلُّ عَلَيْهِ عَذَابٌ مُّقِيمٌ

The explanation:
(So he [and his comrades] were building the Ark;

and whenever a council of his people [who unbelieved] passed by [Noah] they scoffed at him.

He said: "If you scoff at us [this day], we shall surely scoff at you [in the future], as you scoff [this day.]"

"But soon you will come to know [the consequences of your ridicule, and] to whom will come a chastisement degrading him [in this World],

and upon whom there shall settle a lasting chastisement [in the Hereafter.]")

Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
When you post such silly made up nonsense you should expect that sort of response...Sorry but to state what you have as fact contains a lot more conceit than my saying I don't know, but here is the best opinion.

It isn't any difficulty to me, that I can answer you with your same words or more, but I shall not.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Billions of years ago? Just how long ago do you think it was when Noah was around? After all, you were talking about Noah. Just a wild guess would be fine.

About 5000 years ago or more, or about 3000 BC or more.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 PM

Moderator cut: Orphaned

Whether snow or ice, when it becomes of considerable mass, it will fall as snow or as hailstone.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-14-2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,693 times
Quote:
According to all these replies, it is obvious that atheists do not consider any idea other than insisting on thier atheism and blasphemy, so whatever one may tell them, they will go on blindly in the darkness of their ignorance and stubbornness.

Moreover, it seems some atheists here do some group work.
What makes you think I am an atheist?

I am talking about science, and you obviously know nothing about science. You prove it with your nonsensical assertions. But, people that believe in the Bible are prone to do that.

That has nothing to do with what deity I do, or do not believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality