Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 01:04 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Nice dodge. But no points for answering the question. We aren't talking about quantum theory or quantum mechanics. If you understand anything about either, then you should also be aware that quantum physics are very different from the standard model of physics. How about an answer that's a little more down to Earth and tangible?

Watch out for the universe creating spider. It makes its web to trap lunch.
Its very different because its a new theory. Just like Einstein's theory was very different when he first proposed it. I don't think that somehow makes it less valid.

And it is down to earth. It seeks to explain our very existence from a scientific perspective. Do you want to go back to Newton? Should I just disregard all contemporary theories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Get them out there and I will let you know. Not from Creationists I hope?
I can't post everything about Quantum Theory in one post. Feel free to do the research yourself. It gets complicated.

And if philosophy counts, spirituality and myth would be considered philosophy. Many people cite philosophical sources when making an argument. Which is why sources from the Bible would be valid.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:09 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Its very different because its a new theory. Just like Einstein's theory was very different when he first proposed it. I don't think that somehow makes it less valid.

And it is down to earth. It seeks to explain our very existence from a scientific perspective. Do you want to go back to Newton? Should I just disregard all contemporary theories?
No need to disregard all contemporary theories. But I would think there should at least be some plausible tangible evidence to show that dinos and humans lived together 900 years ago. There is none, unless you feel that the stegosaurus carving at Angkor Wat is proof. Do you think the carving is of a stegosaur that was alive at the time of the artisans who made the carving?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Um I don't care..........

And no I have a fear of them, I was bitten as a child and had to have skin grafts. And no I didn't build my home, someone else did.
They were there first, for thousand of years. They probably wonder what you're doing in their home.

I don't care either ... but you entertain me.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
I can't post everything about Quantum Theory in one post. Feel free to do the research yourself. It gets complicated.

And if philosophy counts, spirituality and myth would be considered philosophy. Many people cite philosophical sources when making an argument. Which is why sources from the Bible would be valid.
myth definition | Dictionary.com

Myth doesn't seem to correlate with fact, so probably would not take that as such. And spirituality seems to be a personal belief.

And I don't see how Quantum Theory relates to the Bibles events, can you give me your interpretation?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
No need to disregard all contemporary theories. But I would think there should at least be some plausible tangible evidence to show that dinos and humans lived together 900 years ago. There is none, unless you feel that the stegosaurus carving at Angkor Wat is proof. Do you think the carving is of a stegosaur that was alive at the time of the artisans who made the carving?
If a theory states that many realities can be present in the same space and time is valid, then that means that reality is not absolute and that leaves room for infinite possibilities. Not every possibility has to be proven - that would be impossible because the possibilities are infinite. The only thing that needs to be valid is the theory.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
They were there first, for thousand of years. They probably wonder what you're doing in their home.

I don't care either ... but you entertain me.
Glad I can entertain.... forum would be boring if not entertaining.

And as far as I know spiders live in webs, my home does not resemble such. They are welcome to live underneath and stay away from me though!!!!!! I come equipped with a pretty powerful arm, sadly for them I don't do the screaming girl thing, they are probably used to.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
myth definition | Dictionary.com

Myth doesn't seem to correlate with fact, so probably would not take that as such. And spirituality seems to be a personal belief.

And I don't see how Quantum Theory relates to the Bibles events, can you give me your interpretation?
This is a debate forum. No need to get the dictionary. Myth does correlate with truth. In fact, that is what myth seeks to present. And of course spirituality is personal, so is adhering to Plato or Socrates. I don't see how that makes it less applicable in discourse.

As for Quantum Theory and the Bible - see my other post.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Glad I can entertain.... forum would be boring if not entertaining.

And as far as I know spiders live in webs, my home does not resemble such. They are welcome to live underneath and stay away from me though!!!!!! I come equipped with a pretty powerful arm, sadly for them I don't do the screaming girl thing, they are probably used to.
Be nice to spiders and spiders will be nice to you . I'm really just joking about the spiders by the way. Although I think they are very unique, and I do respect them. Do you know they are starting to use spider webs to make material for space equipment? They use it because its stronger than the material that we currently use.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
This is a debate forum. No need to get the dictionary. Myth does correlate with truth. In fact, that is what myth seeks to present. And of course spirituality is personal, so is adhering to Plato or Socrates. I don't see how that makes it less applicable in discourse.

As for Quantum Theory and the Bible - see my other post.
How so? Unicorns are a Myth and Giants and such they are true? All myths are true? Personal belief does not equate truth, to the person maybe but not in the society as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality