Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:23 PM

158 posts, read 472,850 times

Advertisements

Don't you know? This always makes me chuckle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 02:04 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
In the Book of Job dinosaurs are spoken of, and there are numerous examples of dinosaurs in ancient art. Consider the link below. You will see a Triceratops, and a T-Rex type dinosaur on Ica burial stones.

omniology.com
Apparently the center top carving has been found to be a forgery but that aside, stylized paintings and carvings are not uncommon.
These compared to whole skeletons that are hundreds of thousands of years old are poor evidence indeed.

Even the last two popes have endorsed evolution. I think it time for all Religionists do the same.

Regards
DL

Last edited by Greatest I am; 07-14-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
What Is The Christian View On The Dinosaur?

There isn't one. Christianity is in a variety of denominations with varying views on everything from Darwin to wearing hats. More general the Bible does not overtly mention dinosaurs nor deny their existence.

This is almost like asking what's Islam's view of aluminum.
They will tell you they invented it. LOL

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Thomas, dinosaurs are spoken of in the book of Job. Consider the link below.

Dinosaurs and the Bible
Three out of thousands. Goooly.

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
There are references in Job which sound potentially like dinosaurs, but it's fairly ambiguous. One can believe it or not.

I really don't think Christianity has, or maybe even needs, an unambiguous position on this matter.
If they do not then they should stop lying to children. I D was taken out of schools and this Dino Museum should be closed.

This leads to this.

Jesus Camp 1of 9
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2Hyiitpys[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Try reading. The Talmud says that Leviathan is a fish. That is made clear in my post.
And the Jewish writers say that Jesus was a false Prophet, and they would be equally wrong. And I was not aware a fish had a neck, tongue, nose, and nostrils, as the Leviathan does. And what kind of fish cannot be killed with a spear?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Who really cares what the bible says about dinosaurs? We know dinosaurs existed, There is proof to their existance, we have fossils, bones and other artifacts. I know some Christians who think that dinosaur bones are fake...they where planted by the devil to discredit the bible. People who take the bible word for word always crack me up...lol.
Yes but for evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.

The children that end up believing this lie will believe that Gays are an abomination and get in there and Gay bash.

The Islamic equivalent uses bombs. Let us all let them believe as they like. Not.

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
"The Christian view on the dinosaur."

That very phrase is like fingernails on a chalkboard. If the Church declared that there weren't any dinosaurs, then they automatically become fictional and therefore not believed? I'm afraid I don't understand that at all.
Satan and demons and angels and walking on water does not bother them. Dinosaurs are small impossibles as compared to their larger lies.

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:23 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
If they do not then they should stop lying to children. I D was taken out of schools and this Dino Museum should be closed.

Regards
DL
The thing is most of the world's Christians are not Fundamentalists or Evangelicals in the narrow sense. (Pretty much all Christianity is evangelical, but Evangelical means something slightly different) You, and many of the Christians here, are taking a small slice of Christianity and extrapolating from that that there is an established Christian idea on dinosaurs or biology or physics or whatever. And I just don't think that's so. I doubt even the Southern Baptist Council or Lutheran Church Missouri-Synod has any documents specifically discussing dinosaurs. (I picked two groups that are officially/semi-officially Creationist)

Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 PM

115 posts, read 353,875 times
there are monsters mentioned in the Bible, could it be that that is what they spoke of ? could it be that in the part of the world (middle east) there were no dinasours to have been seen in Biblical times. At that time im not sure the writers had any idea how big the world was, I mean, in the 15 th centurey people thought the world was flat, so what did people think in biblical times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality