Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 03:25 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post

Excellent views. Thanks for posting them. Thailand also has dragon boats and dragon boat races

The second vid is exactly what I was referring to in my post regarding the famous festivals in China.

The oarfish is indeed a huge fish with an Oriental dragon-like look. I think they dwell in sea water. The giant catfish I posted are fresh water monsters in the Mekong River, said to be the largest fresh water fish in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:07 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The image is that same body which we are clothed with. The body is made in the image of the one and only similitude of YHWH, who is God the Word, who was always the one and only image/similitude of YHWH "seen"..
Adam is made in the bodily image of the one and only similitude of YHWH, who is God the Word. Enoch saw Him in heaven, hidden in God who was with God and who was God, as the Son of Man who was to come.

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure[Greek, "tupos"] of him that was to come.
So God has a penis? What does he use it for?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Rain??

Old 08-01-2009, 07:39 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Talking Aaaaannnnnd Heeeeeere's Rifleman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So women can envy Him? (Oh, that one's gonna get me in trouble, I can just feel it...)

I'm sorry. There. I've apologized on line. I'm off the hook.

And I'm here all week, BTW. Tell your friends!

Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Of course you have hair all over your body or youre not human. Sometimes you need a magnifying glass to see it. Even the top of your hands if you look closely you can see the tiny hairs. Only on the bottom of your feet and hands do you have no hair whatsoever.
Sorry, I guess I am an alien, I am bald as a baby's behind. Even my hair which is waist length can be held up by one bobby pin because it is so thin. But my best friend who is Japanese has to regularly have hair removed from all of those places, especially around her nipples where she has long black hairs. I just figured everyone is different and the older we get the less hair we have.
At my age of 58, I no longer have to shave my legs every week because the hair has been gone for about 5 years. However, because of lack of estrogen, I could grow a pretty nice beard if I didn't pay attention.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:48 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
"To Serve Man"
I remember that! Too bad it took us so long to figure it out because we are so egotistical and think everything is about us.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Sorry, I guess I am an alien, I am bald as a baby's behind. Even my hair which is waist length can be held up by one bobby pin because it is so thin. But my best friend who is Japanese has to regularly have hair removed from all of those places, especially around her nipples where she has long black hairs. I just figured everyone is different and the older we get the less hair we have.
At my age of 58, I no longer have to shave my legs every week because the hair has been gone for about 5 years. However, because of lack of estrogen, I could grow a pretty nice beard if I didn't pay attention.
A babys behind has vellus hair so you just proved my point. Every human being on this planet unless perhaps due to some skin condition has vellus hair around their entire body. Sometimes it is white and seems almost invisible unless you literally take a magnifing glass and look. If you don't have vellus hair you are either not human, or have a skin/hair condition.

When i look at my shoulder right now I cant even see it unless i look very closely, it blends with the color of my skin, i can see it with light. Basically wherever you have a gland, there is a vellus hair nearby, unless as i said you have some sort of condition.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:56 PM

Read
Quote:
The pattern of hair growth and the number of hair follicles is determined by time of birth. No new hair follicles develop after you are born; thus if a hair and its follicle is totally removed, it will not return. There are basically two types of hair, soft lanugo hair called vellus hair and a thicker, coarser hair called a terminal hair. Vellus hair is all over the body except for the palms and soles.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Wink Chimps we are!

Yukiko, I think you two have gotten off on a bit of a hairy tangent. Truth is, we are very close to chimps, and even closer to the tranitional species that interlinks them and us: Neanderthals, Cro-Magnons, etc. Plus Australopithicus, and others. We are just one more transitional species.

I'm not sure if you're arguing that we're something unique from other Earthly mammals. Consider this: some interesting research that was discussed in a recent Scientific American identified some interesting DNA groups in human, and chimp, and frozen primitive man DNA.

It had been considered "junk" DNA by most researchers for years, but the recent spectacular metohdologies and discoveries in comprehensive gene mapping showed some of them to be something quite different and revealing.

Thney were primitve versions of early viral types which are almost identical to modern ones except where those newer types have mutated (as all living things do) in order to be effective (from their perspective) and remain safe from our also evolving immune systems.

But the ancient particle structures are still found intact in our DNA becauase viruses inject themselves into our cellular systems, and remain there if the organism does not die. They get into sperm and egg DNA and are carried on forever.

The nearly same types are also found in chimps, only slightly less evolved, but on their way to being the ones in primitive man, then, eventually, us.

This pretty much shows that we all arose from the same primitive stock, from chimps through primitive men to us.

This cannot be explained away for now by the Creationists, but give them time; they're no doubt hard at work in the basements of their churches figuring out some cornball story to explain it all. I can hardly wait!

But until then, using Ockham's Razor (Given several alternate theories and explanations for an event's or condition's occurrence, the simplest, most logical one is also far and away the most likely). To most rational people, this is obvious, but to fundy Christians, it's always the most complex, the least likely, the most astounding and absurd that they cling to.

At any rate, the bottom line is that we arose from chimps through primitive hominid species. We've even had our mitochondrial DNA, which survives in the female, traced back via the Asian land bridge, through lower Asia and across India, back through the middle East and into central Africa, where they fround Mitochondrial Eve. No, not a lone original intact human Eve, but one of many, and with progenitors, back to the chimps.

So. We're just a bunch'o chimps in suits! Sorry! Case closed!

Have a good'n!

(It's too late to spellcheck; sorry for any transgressions! Have a good night!)

Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 AM

Well to be clear chimps and humans share a common ancestor, we didn't evolve from chimpanzees, they are our cousins..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality