Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 09:17 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
How to remain ignorant of truth about earth science:
Make sure you never read anything but the approved Darwinian myths.
Make sure you nave speak anything but the approved Darwinian myths.
Make sure you never hear anything but approved Darwinian myths.
Make sure you never look at anything but approved Darwinian myths.

How to show you are a fool:
Make sure to scoff and make wide mouths at anyone who looks at true history; speaks about true history from written records; or who has looked at evidences of true earth history and dino-dragon and beheme interaction -from the beginning

Isa 57:4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, [and] draw out the tongue? [are] ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,

Right on! That'll teach them scoffers a thing or two! You're the only one who knows all about the "true history" of everything about everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:30 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Right on! That'll teach them scoffers a thing or two! You're the only one who knows all about the "true history" of everything about everything.
Oh my! This is either a sign that the apocalypse is upon us, or you are cleverly sarcastic.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Depending on the Ooparts site for information is pure folly

They misspelled the name. It should be Oops Art.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:14 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
Bias you say? Of course that's something you never think of doing, would you? Let's see, what sort of profound, non-biased proofs have you come up with?
- Dinosaurs in Cambodia
- Marco Polo's dinosaurs
- The El Toro figurines
- Oh yeah, Job's dinos
- Dino and human tracks together

I guess I was wrong. Nothing of someone else's personal biased views about those, is there? Sorry, but now you're just being lame. You need to lay off the DMT and try some fresh air for a change.

I believe there is compelling evidence that man and dinosaurs not only lived together, but that man had also domesticated dinosaurs as beast of burden. Recent excavations from a site known as "Bedrock" show that dinosaurs were used in minining, communications, transportation, can-openers, record players, and one named "Dino" was appearently even a household pet.

There are ancient pictorial depicitions of these dinosaurs available for confirmation. The evidence is overwhelming.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I believe there is compelling evidence that man and dinosaurs not only lived together, but that man had also domesticated dinosaurs as beast of burden. Recent excavations from a site known as "Bedrock" show that dinosaurs were used in minining, communications, transportation, can-openers, record players, and one named "Dino" was appearently even a household pet.

There are ancient pictorial depicitions of these dinosaurs available for confirmation. The evidence is overwhelming.

I agree, there's gotta be something to it. There was also Turok - Son of Stone and Alley Oop. Hooray! Positive proof that dinos and humans co-existed! It doesn't get any more positive than this. Whadda all you scoffing skeptics got to say for yourself now? Eh?

Click image for larger version

Name:	turok.jpg
Views:	4404
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	47205

Click image for larger version

Name:	alley_oop.jpg
Views:	2386
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	47206

Alley OOP? Hmm. Wonder if Ooparts got it's name from a comic book?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:47 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Christian view
LOVE IT, thanks for the laugh.

The bird on the mask clearly shows FEATHERS. And I guess someone at Everything Dinosaur interacted with dinos too, huh? ROFLH

And yet ANOTHER toy is used in an attempt to compare something that looks NOTHING like a dino to a T-Rex.

Gotta love it.

Every time that I think you've sunk to new lows, there ya go sinking even lower.

Pathetic.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:57 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
I've been looking at the Ica Stones and the El Toro/Acabara (the same place?) figurines.

There are a lot of very detailed accounts of the discovery and the testing of these objects, and Campbell a few pages ago gave details of tests carried out on the figures.

It bothers me that I can't find any comments of Neil Steede for example who:

"Neil tried to debunk the figurines by having them time tested again. Yet the lab results shock his group when the human figure was dated to 4000 BP, and the Dinosaur figurine was dated to 1500 BP."

Apart from the poor grammar and 'BP' (does that mean BC?) it's all a bit vague about the circumstances. I can only find the story repeated from one Creationist site to the other, but Stede himself says nothing about it.

As I have mentioned, It is even more of a problem that there are no organic remains of dinosaurs with men. The figurines, quite apart from claims of looking exactly right, sometimes don't look anything near right. One looks like a snake with a dragon-ridge on its back and just two legs. But If I were a dinosaur-with-man enthusiast, I'd probably say it was an attempt at Gigantosarus.

The Ica stones are even more worrisome. There are claims that the patination goes over the carvings and there are no microscopic traces of metal tools. Others say that the patination is not found in the grooves and there is traces of sandpaper. Who to believe?

In searching, I came across an interesting snippet about a tiny dinosaur being found in the fossil stomach of a mammal. This was trumpeted as proof that dinosars were recent. But that's poor - to dishonest misreporting as it has long been known that some small mammals were around in the Creatceous and earlier and were quite capable of eating dinosaur juveniles.
This sort of of paring of the truth does not incline me to take the claims of the YE dinosaurs on the Ark bods on trust.

The sheer lack of any organic evidence predisposes me to think there we no dinosaurs around after the Cretaceous. The unfeasibility of the scenes on the Ica stones (egg - laying dinosaurs are as unlikely to suckle their young as egg-laying birds, and Pterodactyl was surely too light -boned to have carried a man, even if it would be prepared to) and the odd look of the Toro figurines makes me want a lot more detail on the provenance and supposed tests carried out.

One of the 'tests' referred to a Japanese radio show comparing a figurine to a coffee-table book of Dino -piccies. Not exactly cutting edge science.

Still, though the silence of Dr. Froelich Rainey, Dr. Earle R Caley and Dr. Ehlers is unhelpful, I have to think that the claims "Everyone of those scientist stated they did not believe the figurines were made in modern times" should be treated with caution.

I note again the holding up of science as believable when it looks (or had been made to look) as though it supports YE Creationism (which is what this all about) whereas it is dismissed as false if it doesn't support it. I'm not going to say the results are false or wrong but I need to be sure since, though I'm trying to avoid being dismissive, there is a hell of a lot to prove here in the sheer overwhelming weight of evidence that dinosaurs are all fossil - old and none are organic - recent, apart from debatable paintings, carvings, figurines and arguments from Job. Sorry, but I still have to be agnostic about recent dinosaurs.

I need hardly point out that recent dinosaurs of all kinds being found everywhere from the Holy land to Peru again puts pressure on the idea they all spread from the Ark in a few thousand years.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
They misspelled the name. It should be Oops Art.
Out Of Place Artifacts =OOPARTS. There are thousands of "Out of Place Artifacts" which do not fit the evolution fairy tale, which was invented by foolish ones for the willfully ignorant God haters to follow religiously.
"If the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch".
Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--DNA, The Ultimate Oopart!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:05 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
HI ALL!! I have been on Vacation for the week, needed it! Went to Chicago and I am now more convinced than ever of evolution, dinosaurs living millions of years ago and how the earth was made. I went to a REAL museum, spent 7 hours there looking at everything. Talk about WOW!!! those creation museums HAVE NO CLUE what they are talking about. The Field Museum even had a testing lab to show how they date things as well as a DNA lab with demonstrations. Very interesting.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
HI ALL!! I have been on Vacation for the week, needed it! Went to Chicago and I am now more convinced than ever of evolution, dinosaurs living millions of years ago and how the earth was made. I went to a REAL museum, spent 7 hours there looking at everything. Talk about WOW!!! those creation museums HAVE NO CLUE what they are talking about. The Field Museum even had a testing lab to show how they date things as well as a DNA lab with demonstrations. Very interesting.
The Field Museum is incredible. That is most definitely a real museum. You were only there 7 hours. YOu could spend a few days in it just to go through everything. Did you make it over to the Museum of Science and Industry? That was my favorite when I lived outside of Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality