Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post
I think you're a bunch of fools.

I find it SO interesting no one has yet to challenge the points I brought up in the first post regarding the (non) existence of Jesus. I've got facts, cold hard facts that severaly damage the credibility of Christianity.

I challenge someone, one on one. If you're so passionate about your hypocritical religion, respond to the points I've brought up.
Did you even read about the post a few pages back Showing pagan views of Jesus's existence!! What are you wanting Jesus to walk in the room!!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:47 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:

I find it SO interesting no one has yet to challenge the points I brought up in the first post regarding the (non) existence of Jesus. I've got facts, cold hard facts that severaly damage the credibility of Christianity.

I challenge someone, one on one. If you're so passionate about your hypocritical religion, respond to the points I've brought up.
I did answer you look back at my first post

Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
I'm simply curious as to why it seems so important to the hyper-religious that others believe the same way. Can anyone provide some insight into this without simply copy and pasting a few bible verses?
What is important to us is that everyone knows God and goes to Heaven and I am NOT hyper-religious, but I am hyper-God.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:58 PM

111 posts, read 263,440 times
Default Hmm...

Quote:

Methinks now he's just doing this for a reaction, no?

My friend, you know that I don't think of you the way you think of me -- a fool. I believe that you are a bit stubborn (which could be a good thing), and a tad insultive. But I would never call someone a fool simply because they don't believe the same as me.

I may even be so inclined to say "liar" or "cheat" if those characteristics are made obvious to me and the masses, but "fool?" Yikes.

That being said, I wonder...

Are you beyond convincing? I believe you are. There are some people who approach me for counsel about a decision, but they've already made up their mind. Example: Hey, man, what do you think about me joining the Navy? Do you think I should? Oh, you think I should pray about it? Well, isn't it like, a character-building thing? Yeah, but the language won't get to me. No, the smut won't stumble me, I'm kind of immune. Anyways, I joined Thursday."

Why in the world did he ask me for advice? He already had his mind made up.

Along the same line of reasoning we find this thread. It begins with a bold call to answer the question of the challenger. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But, since the answers don't convince him, the issuer prods and prods. Until we all get a little hasty. Until we all get a little mad. Until we all get a little off-topic. Until we all start calling each other names.

There is no one in this world who can convince you of anything. If the clouds in the sky spelled out truth, you'd blame the weather. If Christ appeared in the room, you'd cry "imposter!" If you heard an audible voice, you'd take medicine. Nothing, my friend, will convince the hard-hearted. That is a change that must come from within.

It is my job, as a Christian, to present the Gospel. Not to try to convince you to accept it. That's God's job. Now, sometimes, out of the best intentions, we've all had experiences with...certain types of people who try to cram their religion down our throats. Nobody likes that.

But you're practically begging us to try!

I, for one, won't feed your never-ending appetite for conflict. Because nobody, and I mean NOBODY is going to convince you to believe anything you don't want to.

I just hope you get to the point of a softened heart soon. I don't say that with spite or with shaking my head. I say that with love, because, even though this is the farthest thing from your mind, you would actually enjoy life infinitely more with Christ.

Don't take my word for it. But, then again, I don't have to tell you not to, do I?

Thanks for reading, friend.

P.S. Red points? Methinks there are some angry and overly sensitive people in this arena. Instead of red points, could you write me a threatening letter scathingly laced with profanity and obstinance instead? At least you'd not be hiding behind a form of a "demerit", ok? (Oh, but if you could avoid the profanity, that'd be good, too. I was just kidding about the profanity. Seriously. No, stop swearing at your computer screen. Fine. Whatever.)

Last edited by spike1611; 04-20-2007 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: The P.S.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Quote:
LongHornGuy86 I think you're a bunch of fools.

Fool? and we're called on the mat for the things we're "supposed to have said"? Please

I have facts too, but you would not believe it. I've tried this line with another of your ilk, but y'all don't care you like disbelieving. I even made the offer of what evidance would you all accept and not one peep from those "so-called" open minded folks. So don't be surprised if no one takes you up on your offer.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." (Matthew 7:6)

Old 04-20-2007, 05:22 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:
I didn't start this thread for this--I started it because I'd like for these religious nut jobs who like to arrogantly look down upon others to explain themselves.

Please, be my guest. Explain yourselves.

Something tells me we won't get very far with this.
You are very angry with someone...you're not going to get resolution to your problem here. You are just going to get more angry and hurt. I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but your op indicates that you are probably gay and someone has condemned you for that. You will never be able to justify homosexuality and blaming others is not the answer. In your heart you know it's wrong, and Satan is using your hurt and anger to further his/your cause.

I would suggest speaking to an impartial Christian counselor to resolve the anger, and accepting Christ as your Savior to resolve anything else. You are so young, and true Christians are not out to harm you. But just like with anything else, there are those who do and say horrible things in the name of Christianity, religion, etc....but we are warned in the Bible to beware of people like this. Don't put your trust and faith in any man....put it all in Jesus Christ. And then, as CarolinaJack would say, it's all "Rice and Gravy, baby, Rice and gravy", from here.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:33 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times
Here's my input. Everyone just leave this alone. The OP has an axe to grind and does not want to glean information. It's evident from the original post and the many others he has posted that the OP wants to argue and beat the subject to death.

Choose your battles wisely...many times some things are best left unsaid. It's evident that no one is going to make a bit of difference, and he will find something wrong with everything posted.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:37 PM

111 posts, read 263,440 times
Default Agreed.

As far as I can tell, and, despite a love and a burden for my friend, LongHornGuy, my position remains the same. He's beyond outside convincing.

Biblically, we are not to cast our pearls before swine or give holy stuff to dogs. That was an awesome quotation of that verse earlier, and a great, in-context application of it, BTW.

Take it from Hoosier and I. We are no smarter than the rest of you, but I think we speak for everyone when we say,

"Enough is enough."

Let's leave this fella alone. That means, no matter how good of an answer you may have, don't bother. Send a PM or something. But don't give this young man the luxury of your time and attention.

I second the motion to call for abstinence from this post. You'll see no more from me on this thread.

Thanks for reading, friend.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:42 PM

610 posts, read 3,319,994 times
Has anybody noticed that the 3% Atheists have been really rattling their cage-bars lately?
If it were up to them, we'd never have invented phrases like "Good Lord!" or "Heavens to Betsy" or the long-time favorite, "Oh My God".
I questioned forever. Here's what I found.
It's easy to believe.
Everything else is just too much wasted hard work that proves nothing.

*Oh, I read how everyone's tired of trying with the poster - after I'd posted. Sorry - say a prayer for me, okay? I could not possibly be an atheist and find out I'm wrong - that would be just so much .... Hell?

Old 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,712 times
You people are sick. Sick, perverted, and angry that someone challeneged your bogus religion.

Sorry I wasted my time trying to educate you on the DEBAUNCHERY that Christianity really is. They always say, ignorance is bliss; if you choose to remain ignorant, prejudiced sheep, be my guest.

Thanks for reading, "friend".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality