Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 12:43 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Ok I gotta ask, what witnesses confirm the Ark? Would they have not all drowned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 12:48 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
No, there were several cultures along the Mediteranian coasts and the Asian coasts who had ocean going vessels long before 3000 BC. And many of them quite large and in the 500 foot range. Indeed, the earliest known boats date from 10,000 BC. Perhaps you should research a bit more.

Also, you cannot build a boat large enough, out of reeds, wood or metal, to hold anywhere from 3 million, at least, animals and birds, plus their fodder for 40 days and nights, plus food for human beings as well. It is simply physically impossible.

You are also, apperently, forgetting a few basic facts...
1. There isn't enough water on the planet to compeltely inundate the surface.
2. There is a complete lack of archeological/fossil evidence. Everything drowning within days would leave a very thick fossil and calcium layer at the same exact period in the earth's strata. This is absent. Also absent are marine fossils on mountain tops, something sure to have occured as the salinity content changed and kileld off fresh water AND salt water animals, fish, and plants.
The water that flooded the earth did not come so much from the rain. The Bible stated the fountains of the deep were opened. The earths crust collapsed, and that is why they are now finding great man made buildings and roads 130 feet below the surface of the seas. In recent years, they believe they have discovered a city west of Cuba a half a mile below the surface of the ocean. The only problem is, todays science does not appear to interested in researching it. I believe this discovery would pose a problem for their pet theories, so with anything like this, they ignore it.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
We have numerous photographs, films, and video tapes of UFOs. Yet it appears you do not consider that hard evidence. We have photographs of the Ark from a distance, and they agree with the accounts given by eyewitinesses. Evolution can only wish they had evidence like this.
The fossil record shows zero evolution. The Ark has photos from space, and photos from pilots. We have eyewitiness accounts, and written accounts by others who had some encounter with the Arks existance. Evolution is based on a theory of speculation, rather than hard evidence. And without question, the Ark has much more (hard evidence) for it's existance, then the theory of evolution.
And we have photos of a mans face on the moon. Doesn't mean anything until proven it is real. As far as I know the ark has not been proven to be real. What eyewitnesses to the ark do we have? And are we just suppose to believe them? I dont see where any hard evidence of the ark has been found. Please direct me to this hard evidence.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:26 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
The water that flooded the earth did not come so much from the rain. The Bible stated the fountains of the deep were opened. The earths crust collapsed, and that is why they are now finding great man made buildings and roads 130 feet below the surface of the seas. In recent years, they believe they have discovered a city west of Cuba a half a mile below the surface of the ocean. The only problem is, todays science does not appear to interested in researching it. I believe this discovery would pose a problem for their pet theories, so with anything like this, they ignore it.
You are still talking this stuff? Nothing verifiable as an undersea city has been demonstrated.

In any case, if there were cities before the flood that were above ground why are they now below water? If the 'fountains of the deep' were opened and the water rose to cover the cities, why are they not now above ground since the water went down again? The Bible says the waters receded, doesn't it?

You suggestion that the surface of the underground reservoirs collapsed is nonsense. If that happened, you'd just get fountains with a lot of rock on the tank floor. It would not flood anything. The Genesis account does not work and your account does not work.

Well, enjoy while you can your fantasies of science terrified of looking at the 'facts' which would actually discredit Genesis rather than accepted history. I don't doubt this undersea city will join all the others that are now on the long list of misinterpreted undersea rock formations.

Tell me, Campbell34, have you come up with any amazing Proof-of bible-prophecy-Genesis that hasn't been shown to be either unsubstantiated, doubtful, flimsy or total hogwash? And have you crossed any of those off your list of amazing Bible proofs to shock and dismay the skeptics?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:39 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
We have numerous photographs, films, and video tapes of UFOs. Yet it appears you do not consider that hard evidence. We have photographs of the Ark from a distance, and they agree with the accounts given by eyewitinesses. Evolution can only wish they had evidence like this.
The fossil record shows zero evolution. The Ark has photos from space, and photos from pilots. We have eyewitiness accounts, and written accounts by others who had some encounter with the Arks existance. Evolution is based on a theory of speculation, rather than hard evidence. And without question, the Ark has much more (hard evidence) for it's existance, then the theory of evolution.
You have fuzzy photographs of what can be anything and also clear proven frauds that prove nothing.

Sorry if that upsets you, but that's the plain truth.

And I'll ask again, if the Ark were true, where are the excavations? Where is the army of archeologists, biblical or otherwise. The troops of media decending on the site like a swarm of camera totting locust?

They are not present because this is a fraud.

And I've no time to teach you Evolution, as the mountains of evidence available would take years of instruction in a college setting and would be better taught more fully by a degreed professional.

I'll just let your purposeful and planned ignorance stand to illustrate your alck of credibility in the matter.

However, IF you really wish to educate yourself, and perhaps reconcile your religion's myths with scientifically gathered fact like many Christians scientists have done, the internet is a good place to start.

I've provided a link below to a seminar by Prof. Ken Miller, noted molecular biologist, who thoroughly debunks the idea of Intelligent Design and Creationism as well. Perhaps, as the Prof is a Catholic, it can start you down the road to truth...

YouTube - Ken Miller on Intelligent Design

Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And we have photos of a mans face on the moon. Doesn't mean anything until proven it is real. As far as I know the ark has not been proven to be real. What eyewitnesses to the ark do we have? And are we just suppose to believe them? I dont see where any hard evidence of the ark has been found. Please direct me to this hard evidence.
Having a photo of a mans face on the moon is one thing. Yet when you have numerous accounts coming from regular people saying they saw Noahs Ark up close. Well, thats another thing. And that is what we have. The encounters people have had with the Ark of Noah are really amazing. And these encounters all occured in the spot where the Bible tells us the Ark landed after the flood. The links below will give you some idea as to what I am talking about here.

Mount Ararat: Expeditions Past / Present
Searching for Noah's Ark by Bruce L. Gerig
http://www.mexicobeachcwc.com/Noahsarkphotos.html
"The greatest discovery in the history of mankind." (http://www.pressbox.co.uk/Detailed/15633.html - broken link)
Testimonies list

Old 07-20-2009, 10:43 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Having a photo of a mans face on the moon is one thing. Yet when you have numerous accounts coming from regular people saying they saw Noahs Ark up close. Well, thats another thing. And that is what we have. The encounters people have had with the Ark of Noah are really amazing. And these encounters all occured in the spot where the Bible tells us the Ark landed after the flood. The links below will give you some idea as to what I am talking about here.

Noah's Ark Photos and Information
"The greatest discovery in the history of mankind." (http://www.pressbox.co.uk/Detailed/15633.html - broken link)
Testimonies list

It woudl be really, really, really, really cool if it was ever found....but it does make you wonder why no one ever got close to it with a camcorder or a decent camera.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:

Noah's Ark Photos and Information
Testimonies list
Hard evidence, not hearsay, is required to prove a point.

Where are the clear high-resolution pictures and artifacts?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Wow, another bunch of links to creationist whack-a-loon sites! Why am I not convinced?

Noah's Ark - a sinking ship (with only one pair of rats) (http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/noahs_ark.html - broken link)
http://stupiddinosaurlies.org/2009/01/25/noahs-ark-and-the-ararat-misadventure/ (broken link)
Willy the Weasel: Noah's ark and other lies

Finally, the rain began pouring, and Noah finished loading all the animals, his wife, and his sons and their wives onto the boat. Then he discovered some problems:

* The ark was so crowded that just in order to enter, his body would have to be shaped like a Tetris piece
* There was no way to navigate the ark, because all the controls were being protected by a particularly vicious set of squirrels
* He forgot to make space for food, so he would have to eat the penguin to survive
* Since the ark had been constructed with gum, the giraffes kept sticking to the walls
* He never got around to installing a bathroom

Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You have fuzzy photographs of what can be anything and also clear proven frauds that prove nothing.

Sorry if that upsets you, but that's the plain truth.

And I'll ask again, if the Ark were true, where are the excavations? Where is the army of archeologists, biblical or otherwise. The troops of media decending on the site like a swarm of camera totting locust?

They are not present because this is a fraud.

And I've no time to teach you Evolution, as the mountains of evidence available would take years of instruction in a college setting and would be better taught more fully by a degreed professional.

I'll just let your purposeful and planned ignorance stand to illustrate your alck of credibility in the matter.

However, IF you really wish to educate yourself, and perhaps reconcile your religion's myths with scientifically gathered fact like many Christians scientists have done, the internet is a good place to start.

I've provided a link below to a seminar by Prof. Ken Miller, noted molecular biologist, who thoroughly debunks the idea of Intelligent Design and Creationism as well. Perhaps, as the Prof is a Catholic, it can start you down the road to truth...

YouTube - Ken Miller on Intelligent Design
Im not sure how many times I have to repeat myself here, but according to Rene Noorbergen, who was a veteran news reporter, his source told him that both the NG/SI officials decided not to release anything, and everything found on Mt. Ararat. According to David Duckworth who actually saw close up pictures of the Ark, and saw ancient artifacts that were removed from the Ark. There were religious people who were starting to give them problems.

My best guess is they were Islamics, who would be very unhappy if the Ark was found.

And I will allow you to imbrace your porposeful and planned ignorance by ignoring every personal account given by the numerous people who are telling you of their truthful experiences with the Ark of Noah. Just cover your eyes, and put your hands to your ears, and pretend none of this was ever stated. The fact is, for many years Turkey did not allow anyone on the North Slope of Mt. Ararat, and it is the North Slope where the Ark will be found. You could go anywhere else on Mt. Ararat, you were just not allow to go to the North Slope. I WONDER WHY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality