U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2009, 07:41 PM

10,010 posts, read 12,226,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
1. Considering that Sumarians (Akkadian was a language, not a peoples) predate Hebrew culture and added TO the Hebrew culture, is there any suprise? We know for a fact that human beings were around at the end of the last major Ice Age. Waters would rise, of course, as water was released from the ice caps. Considering these factors, plus the simple fact that there is no other evidences to support a biblical flood, the flood myth is disproven.

2. Santonin on the Isle of Thera. The eruption did indeed rate a 6 on the VEI index. To put this in relation, Pinabu in 1991 was a 6 as well. Please feel free to link to the "volcanic winter" which resulted from that eruption. However, this is all render moot. Thera is near Greece, not Egypt. Simcha Jacobovici was full of crap, and his film, The Exodus Decoded, only works by moving the date of Thera to nearly a thousand years later.

3. Will have to research, but if it's anything like your other 3 point, we can rest assured it's full of poop.

4. The earliest farmers appear to be found in northern Iraq, in a small, city block sized town named Jarmo by the archeologists who found it. Much too far south of Turkey, sorry. BTW, please show the class where Mt Karacadag is mentioned in the bible.
OH MY!! I laughed so hard I almost peed!!!!!!!!!! poop, to funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 PM

4,529 posts, read 3,216,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
OH MY!! I laughed so hard I almost peed!!!!!!!!!! poop, to funny!!!!!!!!!!!
My grandaughter was visiting earlier.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:28 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,627,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Use your favorite search engine and enter the words Bible and Contradictions and see what you find.
There is a LONG list.
Yes, there is a long list of supposed contradictions that are imbraced by the non spiritual, and non thinking among us. They feel good about such list, because there are so many supposed listed contradictions. They feel confident, that the Bible must be wrong because of their great number. Yet, you would be amazed at how quickly those supposed contradictions disappear, when adressed by someone who knows their Bible.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
My grandaughter was visiting earlier.
Yep kids can rub off on ya!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes, there is a long list of supposed contradictions that are imbraced by the non spiritual, and non thinking among us. They feel good about such list, because there are so many supposed listed contradictions. They feel confident, that the Bible must be wrong because of their great number. Yet, you would be amazed at how quickly those supposed contradictions disappear, when adressed by someone who knows their Bible.
The reason the contradictions were discovered is because of Free thinkers!!! We are not so blinded by this "faith" that we cant see the truth. And bible babblers have tried to explain the contradictions, yet it only proves them more, because they don't actually have a reason for them, they just quote more versus from the bible. And you don't have to be a believer in the bible to be spiritual!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM

8,492 posts, read 3,997,336 times
Quote:
Many would argue that the "non thinking" you refer to are those that believe as you do.

As for contradictions that "disappear" when "addressed by someone who knows their bible", do you mean someone with an imagination? Or just the ability to spin words so that they appear to support his stance? Either way, it does not resolve the issue. If you truly were a thinking person, you would see that if you take your bible as written, not parsed, it constantly contradicts itself.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:16 AM

15,691 posts, read 5,577,342 times
Quote:
I know. It's amazing how someone make contradictions disappear really quickly isn't it? Like this for example....

Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
The reason the contradictions were discovered is because of Free thinkers!!! We are not so blinded by this "faith" that we cant see the truth. And bible babblers have tried to explain the contradictions, yet it only proves them more, because they don't actually have a reason for them, they just quote more versus from the bible. And you don't have to be a believer in the bible to be spiritual!!!!!!!!!
Some of the contradictions that are imbraced by your Free thinkers are
laughable. And if you want to be spiritual and grounded in the truth, you would need to be a Bible believer. Because the orignal Bible Text is the only Text that does not have errors. And that is why, if you are intrested in the truthful and anceint historical past, the Bible will lead the way. The passage of time, and historical discovery only confirms the Biblical account. If I am wrong on this, perhaps you could show me the error of my way?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I know. It's amazing how someone make contradictions disappear really quickly isn't it? Like this for example....
So, have you had some encounters with members of the Watchtower Society? LOL

Old 07-25-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Some of the contradictions that are imbraced by your Free thinkers are
laughable. And if you want to be spiritual and grounded in the truth, you would need to be a Bible believer. Because the orignal Bible Text is the only Text that does not have errors. And that is why, if you are intrested in the truthful and anceint historical past, the Bible will lead the way. The passage of time, and historical discovery only confirms the Biblical account. If I am wrong on this, perhaps you could show me the error of my way?

And what contradictions that we embrace are laughable? Please tell me...
Where is the ORIGINAL Bible text? And again, you do not need to believe in god to be spiritual, just go t to open your eyes to see that.
And again the bible has not be proven at all, just the opposite. Please show me where the bible has been proven. And not by bible passages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality