Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,724,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
Typical Christian defense. No basis to of facts at all. There is nothing wrong with having faith, but blind faith??? The so called Jesus Christ is nothing more than a caricature. He is the personification of Serapis c.a. 350 B.C. (aka Ptolemy the 1st European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt)). Google/Youtube: Ecumencial Councils (of Nicea)/The Nicea Council/Council of Nicea and see the TRUE HISTORY behind your religion and your beloved Jesus Christ (aka Serapis-Christus). I know the truth might be hard for most of you to come to grips with but just remember that without righteousness (truth) you cannot find God.
A typical zeitgeist fan boy pseudo intellectual response. I know full well about Serapis. I also know that once the catholic church took over Christianity that the similarities between solar worship and Christianity began to grow until Christianity became plain and simply paganism under the auspices of Christianity. This began under emperor Constantine in the 3rd century and came to full fruition in the sixth century when nearly all visage of the original gospel had been subverted by pagan doctrines. Good luck convincing anyone with an education in these things to disavow Christ ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 04:02 PM

702 posts, read 1,002,230 times
We have, among other things, four Gospels that are biographies of Jesus. Just because they are in a collection of other books, including quite a few by those that knew Jesus after the flesh, doesn't mean they should be dismissed. You should have no problem with Jesus other than you think he might spoil what you for how consider fun. As far as some of His professed followers are concerned, some of them have managed to make my life miserable, even "hell on earth" for some years. With limited experience meeting without human headship, every member participating, and so much that is ritual or pulpit centered instead, I still believe in the local visible body of Christ, those who have Jesus' ghost inhabiting them. That is the secret to real Christians, not historic validation. You need to search for the right books. Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell is one. The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict includes vol 2 debunking the documentary hypothesis. The first is on sale $4.98 at 1.800.CHRISTIAN and the second, a hardback at $17.89 I think. Christianbook.com - Shop for Christian Books, Bibles, Music, Homeschool Products, Gifts & more

Old 07-20-2009, 04:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,724,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
We have, among other things, four Gospels that are biographies of Jesus. Just because they are in a collection of other books, including quite a few by those that knew Jesus after the flesh, doesn't mean they should be dismissed. You should have no problem with Jesus other than you think he might spoil what you for how consider fun. As far as some of His professed followers are concerned, some of them have managed to make my life miserable, even "hell on earth" for some years. With limited experience meeting without human headship, every member participating, and so much that is ritual or pulpit centered instead, I still believe in the local visible body of Christ, those who have Jesus' ghost inhabiting them. That is the secret to real Christians, not historic validation. You need to search for the right books. Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell is one. The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict includes vol 2 debunking the documentary hypothesis. The first is on sale $4.98 at 1.800.CHRISTIAN and the second, a hardback at $17.89 I think. Christianbook.com - Shop for Christian Books, Bibles, Music, Homeschool Products, Gifts & more
Right James ... Even without all the historical evidences for Christ, which there is plenty of, we have the personal everyday experience of his spirit in our lives. That is enough by itself to know Christ is real ...

Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 PM

657 posts, read 1,628,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Let me help you out with your argument. First your mixing demonstratable facts with faith concerning evidence so your argument is moot and it is a bad example, pick another one please.

You can demonstrate to someone the reality of rainfall, but where Jesus is concerned you can only provide evidence. There is also evidence to the contrary.
Once again, there is NO EVIDENCE of the existence of Jesus Christ (The savior aka The SON of God etc). There IS EVIDENCE (and you can research this by the way because I have done it already) that he was the personification of the Ptolemy the 1st (1st European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt)) better known as Serapis (Serapis-Christus). The Council of Nicea is where the MYTH of Jesus Christ was brought about (you can look this up on your own).

NO SCHOLARS, HISTORIANS, SCIRBES ETC HAVE ANY RECORD OF A MAN NAMED JESUS DURING THE SUPPOSED TIME HE EXISTED. If so show me a VALID source...you can't (and neither can anyone else) because HE DIDN'T EXIST. Don't you think that a man who walked on water, turned water into wine, cured blindness, pulled hundreds of fish out the sea, healed the sick etc would have been written about in ALL HISTORY BOOKS and various literature? Wouldn't there be statues erected all over the place? Wouldn't there be various accounts of people coming from all over the world to see this man? Well, once again there is NONE, because he is not real. No more real than the tooth fairy. It might sound harsh and I'm not trying to be that way but it's the truth. Again, I gave you my proof, where is yours...or are we still going off our blind faith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
If you were to tell me while it was not raining and the ground was dry that it rained two days ago then it would be blind faith that I believe you. However, I could have faith that your evidence is correct. Or I might come across evidence that it rained a week ago.

So, your assertion of blind faith is false since there is evidence for his existance, as you said there is nothing wrong with FAITH.

Whether or not I accept your "research" is irrevelent, since your argument of blind faith in invalid.
FAITH - Confident belief or trust in the TRUTH (Webster).

So if there is NO truth behind the existence of Christ, that would be BLIND FAITH (which is what most Christians have). Why? Because with just an ounce of PROPER research you would know that the FOUNDATION of your beliefs are based on lies and ideologies that preexisted your so called religion for thousands of years.

Last edited by justfarr1030; 07-20-2009 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
A typical zeitgeist fan boy pseudo intellectual response. I know full well about Serapis. I also know that once the catholic church took over Christianity that the similarities between solar worship and Christianity began to grow until Christianity became plain and simply paganism under the auspices of Christianity. This began under emperor Constantine in the 3rd century and came to full fruition in the sixth century when nearly all visage of the original gospel had been subverted by pagan doctrines. Good luck convincing anyone with an education in these things to disavow Christ ...
Regardless of your sarcasm it doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ is Serapis-Christus, the "divine" (because it's nothing divine about phony) personification of Ptolemy the 1st.

If you possess so much evidence which in your words "there is plenty of", then by all means PLEEEEASE, don't be stingy. Share your knowledge with me. Give me one VALID source, historical document, etc that shows Jesus Christ (the "SON" of God) existed during that supposed time...you can't because there is none. So just continue to spew your typical Christian "Oh I can feel him in my bones" B******t rhetoric. I'll stick to the FACTS and things WE CAN SEE AND PROVE.

(Still wating for someone to "debunk" the Council of Nicea where the MYTH of Serapis-Christus aka Jesus Christ was engineered).

Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,916,639 times
Quote:
Once again, there is NO EVIDENCE of the existence of Jesus Christ (The savior aka The SON of God etc).

Well, you simply do not accept the evidence I am ok with and that is a different matter than your assertions based on the evidence.

To say my faith is blind is not a factual statement, you simply disagree with the evidence I do have.

You statement that my faith is blind is in error no matter how much research you have done, that's just how it is.

I do not require your agreement to believe in anything. And anything that lends itself to evidence to me is not blind.

Quote:
FAITH - Confident belief or trust in the TRUTH (Webster).
So you expect me to find more validity in your argument when you pick out a definition of the word faith that caters to your point?

You and many others show your error when you try things like this.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
  2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
  3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
  4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
  5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
  6. A set of principles or beliefs.
Your point is again moot.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
Well beside the fact that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John DIDN'T EXIST, I don't really trust sources from a Eurocentric point of view. The reason being is because they are usually compiling their research with bias and alterior motives. Since the beginning, the Roman Catholic Church has had an agenda to spread their religion by ANY MEANS NECCESSARY even it if means corruption, genocide, rape, pillage, slavery...whatever it takes. Europeans also have a consistent history of suppressing crucial information that goes against the doctrines of their so called "top scholars" and supporting what is in line with their paradigm.

I also find it contradicting that you say that the secret to the Christians is not within historic validation. Then, your very next comment you tell me that I need to read the right books (historical references). You say among other things there is evidence. Well...don't hold back, what evidence is there beyond the ALLEGED (Once again, the diciples didn't exist either, HISTORICAL FACT) 4 gospels of Serapis-Christus...I mean Jesus Christ?

Last edited by justfarr1030; 07-20-2009 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, you simply do not accept the evidence I am ok with and that is a different matter than your assertions based on the evidence.

To say my faith is blind is not a factual statement, you simply disagree with the evidence I do have.

You statement that my faith is blind is in error no matter how much research you have done, that's just how it is.

I do not require your agreement to believe in anything. And anything that lends itself to evidence to me is not blind.
You haven't shown me any evidence LOL. And I didn't offer you my agreement for you to believe in anything. But if you believe in something (ESPECIALLY when concerning religion, religious customs etc) you should want to know it's real. You should know what it is you believe in and understand it inside and out. If you're going to a car salesman to purchase a vehicle and he tells you all this good stuff about the vehicle, aren't you going to take it for a test drive? Aren't you going to check the price on Kellybluebook, are you going to car fax it etc? Why is is different with religion?

Point? Christians DON'T HAVE ANY FACTS to base their beliefs on, just good ol "FAITH" lol..the whole "I know he's out there somewhere" spill as usual when THE EVIDENCE tells us Jesus Christ was the "divine" personification of Serapis-Christus aka Ptolemy the 1st (1st European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt)), NOT the "Son" of God. I gave you numerous chances to come with some evidence, but of course you took the high road...because there is NONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
So you expect me to find more validity in your argument when you pick out a definition of the word faith that caters to your point?

You and many others show your error when you try things like this.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
  2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
  3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
  4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
  5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
  6. A set of principles or beliefs.
Your point is again moot.
All your proved is that there is another variation of the word faith (definition 2). You DID NOT prove that Jesus is nothing other than Ptolemy the 1st (first European Pharoahe of Kemet (Egypt) aka Serapis-Christus (which became Jesus-Christus))

Typical strawman argument LOL.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,916,639 times
Quote:
Typical strawman argument LOL.
I'm not required to prove anything to your satisafaction. You do not accept the evidence that causes my faith to not be blind. Your point is moot and you cannot make it valid.

You trioed to pick out one definition of faith in order to make my faith fit your assertion.

You just have a poor argument or you wouldn't have had to resort to that in the first place.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,588,010 times
Justfarr,

Good luck in your search for a debate - however I think a lot of people here are not here to debate about christianity but are only looking for fellowship with other christians. There seems to be enough differences between all the different denominations/sects/interpretations keeping us busy.

Maybe you are better posting this in the Religion and philosophy section where they love to debate these things - just a suggestion ........ Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality