U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-21-2009, 10:13 AM

20,050 posts, read 21,048,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
God.
Yes He is the answer
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM

20,471 posts, read 8,895,403 times
I1) Increased understanding of Science and how our universe works which contradicts with the bible.

2) Increased knowledge of history and interpreting history through archaeological science, the conclusions of which contradict the bible.

3) Increase in the civility of mankind making the idea of biblical justice, especially as depicted in the OT, seem absurd!

4) Increased access to all of this information with the internet.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM

434 posts, read 610,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
The second coming of the Lord will put all religions to rest.
so you mean religions will 'never' be put to rest?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 AM

20,050 posts, read 21,048,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
the second coming of the lord will put all religions to rest.
amen!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 AM

19,126 posts, read 15,169,970 times
I think it's perfectly ok for people to believe. As long as they don't try to put laws in effect that will force people to abide by 'gods' rules, I'm fine. Maybe if churches were used for something good, instead of sitting and wishing for stuff, if more churches were involved in the community instead of being self serving and maybe if religious folks went back to actually doing good, instead of trying to be on tv and amass millions of dollars.

I know it's a very broad brush, but those are my experiences. I don't want all religions to be put to rest, I just hope that one day the religious will STOP WAKING ME UP AT 8AM ON SATURDAY TO TELL ME HOW I'M WRONG. This is the third week in a row. This last weekend I took her copy of The Watchtower and showed her a picture of their printing press room and asked 'So, how many poor and unfortunate people could be housed in here?? How much do those presses cost? How many people could you feed and nourish with the money that you instead spent on printing presses???' She didn't know what to say. I'm not expecting her to come back.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM

4,669 posts, read 1,662,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Perhaps, but forgive me if I don't sit back and wait for him. I've been somewhat unimpressed with how he has supposedly shown himself to us thus far (I'm talking about the Judeo-Christian god in this example, but goes for any god), and I'm not expecting any improvement in the future.

I'll leave the hoping and praying for you guys-I have better things to do. Ever here the old saying "Hope into one hand and s**t into the other-which one fills up first?"

What would prove his existence, in your mind?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,065,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
What would prove his existence, in your mind?

I'd leave that to him ultimately (he is GOD right? haha)

....I dunno....maybe he could display a 1/1000000000000th of his power you folks claim he has with a vision of some sort (one that more than one person sees), a miracle of some sort (like cure all disease...probably small fries for a GOD) or maybe something as simple as a booming voice that everyone hears ("hey idiots...I'm up here still!...believe or be smote!)

...you know, something a bit more "direct" than what he's thrown our way (or what evidence you claim he's provided us). I don't think its asking too much considering his ultimate power and love for us you all claim he has...

Old 07-21-2009, 01:48 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,064,908 times
I don't remember where I heard it, but someone once said something to the effect of "If Jesus was really God, why didn't he prove it and help humanity? I mean really, simply telling everyone that tiny germs existed, and that disease and sickness was caused by them rather than invisible demons, and that a simple washing of the hands with soap was highly effective in prevention of illness would have been enough..."

Old 07-21-2009, 01:50 PM

434 posts, read 610,396 times
Quote:

....I dunno....maybe he could display a 1/1000000000000th of his power you folks claim he has with a vision of some sort (one that more than one person sees), a miracle of some sort (like cure all disease...probably small fries for a GOD) or maybe something as simple as a booming voice that everyone hears ("hey idiots...I'm up here still!...believe or be smote!)

...you know, something a bit more "direct" than what he's thrown our way (or what evidence you claim he's provided us). I don't think its asking too much considering his ultimate power and love for us you all claim he has...
WHAT? you mean the fact that he cleeeeeeeeeearly created this world and everything in the universe is NOT enough evidence for you that he exists?!!!! you must be madddddd!!!!!!!!

HE EVEN TOOOOOOLD US IN THE BIBLE THAT HE'S REAL! WHAT MORE EVIDENCE COULD YOU ASK FOR?????

JEBUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS BOARDBILL! HE DIED FOR YOU!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 PM

4,669 posts, read 1,662,330 times
Quote:

Nah...in a few years people like you would forget that it happened and wonder why he hadn't appeared lately...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality