Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

One does not need a degree to make great discoveries. Many great discoveries that we take for granted today were invented by people that held no degrees
Tell that to your fellow skeptics who refuse to even look at the evidences of human -dino interactions in ancient and modern history because they disdain all who would dare even write and tell where the evidences exist.

And Evolution has never been tested and proven. It is a theory only, which cannot be tested but which is proved wrong on all fronts. -and the argument is as old as Eden, when the serpent said "oh yeah! has God really said"! "Well I'm here to tell you that He did not"! "He just means ____________ "-fill in the blanks; just make sure that the words are opposite to what God did absolutely say!

Still going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Good grief, I can't belive I'm debating someone who is quoting a talking snake...Back into the twit filter for you dear.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Attempting to debate YSM is about as productive as running one's head into a brick wall.

Repeatedly.

Until it bleeds.

I've never seen another person so blindly devoted to myth while completely disregarding proven science. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had enough. I've been showing some of the posts to one of my biological anthropologist buddies. At least you'll be glad to know YSM, that not only are you good for a laugh, but we've printed out some of your better gems and posted them in the Bio Lab . When classes resume later this month, you can rest easy at night knowing that not only have you provided students an example of ignorance on steriods but you're good for comic relief as well.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele
Where do you get this rubbish?

Purportedly, if the Tower of Babel existed, which in itself is highly doubtful (ther than the bible, there are no contemporaneous writings to confirm this) it would have been during the period of the existence of Babylonia which would have been between 2000 and 323 B.C.

Cuneiform, which emerged in Sumer around 3000 B.C.. is the earliest example of writing (although pictographs created during the Uruk period--4000 to 3100--could be considered the predecessors to the Sumerians).

You need to learn about ancient history. Writing on papyrus with ink is older than the flood, as 1 Enoch tells us [and 'tablets' of steel and stone were also written on -and some with laser technology, as ancient artifacts prove]
Quote:
Copyright © 2003 University College London. All rights reserved.
Egyptian Literary Compositions of the Middle Kingdom and Second Intermediate Period
[LEFT][SIZE=+1]1. Teachings[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT]Teachings, part only preserved [/LEFT]
Teaching for Kagemni
Preserved on a single late Middle Kingdom copy, PapyrusPrisse (famous for its version of the Teaching of Ptahhotep).
A vizier, not identified by name on the surviving part, gives his teaching to his son, Kagemni, advising him on good conduct. The last lines record that 'king Huni died,and the Presence of king Snefru rose as effective king in this entire land, and Kagemni was made overseer of the city and vizier'. The fragment seems similar in content to the Teaching of Ptahhotep; the setting in the reigns of Huni and Sneferu of the early Old Kingdom, some seven hundred years earlier than the Middle Egyptian language in which the teaching is written, is also a feature of the Tales of the court of king Khufu.
Quote:
1911 Encyclopedia Britannica - Free Online

The widespread use throughout the ancient world of the writing material manufactured from the papyrus plant is attested by early writers, and by documents and sculptures.
Papyrus
rolls are represented in ancient Egyptian wall-paintings; and extant examples of the rolls themselves are sufficiently numerous. The most ancient Egyptian papyrus now known contains accounts of the reign of King Assa (35 80 -3536 B.C.).

T
Quote:
he earliest literary papyrus is that known, from the name of its former owner, as the Prisse papyrus, and now preserved at Paris, containing a work composed in the reign of a king of the fifth dynasty, and computed to be itself of the age of upwards of 2500 years B,C. The papyri discovered in Egypt have often been found in tombs, and in the hands, or swathed with the bodies, of mummies. The ritual of the dead is most frequently the subject. Besides the ritual and religious rolls, there are the hieratic, civil and literary documents, and the demotic and enchorial papyri, relating generally to sales of property.
Quote:
Book of 1 Enoch: [Chapter 83] 1 And now, my son Methuselah, I will show thee all my visions which I have seen, recounting 2 them before thee. Two visions I saw before I took a wife, and the one was quite unlike the other: the first when I was learning to write: the second before I took thy mother, (when) I saw a terrible 3 vision....
In a fragment of Noah included within 1 Enoch, Noah laments having to write books; Noah hated writing, and lamented much as Solomon did.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:28 PM

Q
Quote:
uote:
Quote:

Purportedly, if the Tower of Babel existed, which in itself is highly doubtful (ther than the bible, there are no contemporaneous writings to confirm this) it would have been during the period of the existence of Babylonia which would have been between 2000 and 323 B.C.

Cuneiform, which emerged in Sumer around 3000 B.C.. is the earliest example of writing (although pictographs created during the Uruk period--4000 to 3100--could be considered the predecessors to the Sumerians).
The fact is that the earliest known papyrus ink document preserved in Paris, as referenced by me, which date back to 3000 BC, is not the beginning of the true history of writing with ink, nor is it the beginning of using papyrus for book making. We just have examples from Egyptian tombs preserved for us, which show that the practice was known and used.
Enoch told of it before the flood. He also spoke of tablets written in heaven, presumably on stone, written there by God the Word, for the angels to read. Those tablets are called the Scripture of Truth, by the angel speaking to Daniel, in Daniel 10:21, which are written for the angels to know what will befall the sons of Adam, from the beginning to the end [Hebrew to English literal translation of Daniel 10:21 "I will show you that which is inscribed/written in the Scripture of Truth; one binds with me in these things, Michael, your prince"].

Quote:
Egypt: Neferirkare Kakai, Third King of the Old Kingdom 5th Dynasty

Neferirkara Kakai...probably the son of Userkaf, the first king of the 5th Dynasty, ...

Also, papyrus found in his pyramid complex were written in ink and are the earliest known documents in hieratic script, a cursive form of hieroglyphics. http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/neferirkara1a.jpg (broken link)
The hieratic papyrus found at his pyramid complex are probably his most notable contributions to Egyptology. They were originally discovered in 1893 by local farmers and consist of 300 papyrus fragments. They remained unpublished for some seventy-five years, even as the first archaeologists were excavating Abusir. Only later did a Czech mission, which explored the site in 1976, take full advantage of these documents.
Quote:
Quote:
Egyptian Literary Compositions of the Middle Kingdom and Second Intermediate Period
1. Teachings
Teachings, part only preserved
Teaching for Kagemni
Preserved on a single late Middle Kingdom copy, PapyrusPrisse (famous for its version of the Teaching of Ptahhotep).
A vizier, not identified by name on the surviving part, gives his teaching to his son, Kagemni, advising him on good conduct. The last lines record that 'king Huni died,and the Presence of king Snefru rose as effective king in this entire land, and Kagemni was made overseer of the city and vizier'. The fragment seems similar in content to the Teaching of Ptahhotep; the setting in the reigns of Huni and Sneferu of the early Old Kingdom, some seven hundred years earlier than the Middle Egyptian language in which the teaching is written, is also a feature of the Tales of the court of king Khufu.
Quote:
1911 Encyclopedia Britannica - Free Online

The widespread use throughout the ancient world of the writing material manufactured from the papyrus plant is attested by early writers, and by documents and sculptures.
Papyrus
rolls are represented in ancient Egyptian wall-paintings; and extant examples of the rolls themselves are sufficiently numerous. The most ancient Egyptian papyrus now known contains accounts of the reign of King Assa (35 80 -3536 B.C.).

T Quote:
he earliest literary papyrus is that known, from the name of its former owner, as the Prisse papyrus, and now preserved at Paris, containing a work composed in the reign of a king of the fifth dynasty, and computed to be itself of the age of upwards of 2500 years B,C. The papyri discovered in Egypt have often been found in tombs, and in the hands, or swathed with the bodies, of mummies. The ritual of the dead is most frequently the subject. Besides the ritual and religious rolls, there are the hieratic, civil and literary documents, and the demotic and enchorial papyri, relating generally to sales of property.
Quote:
Quote:
Book of 1 Enoch: [Chapter 83] 1 And now, my son Methuselah, I will show thee all my visions which I have seen, recounting 2 them before thee. Two visions I saw before I took a wife, and the one was quite unlike the other: the first when I was learning to write: the second before I took thy mother, (when) I saw a terrible 3 vision....
In a fragment of Noah included within 1 Enoch, Noah laments having to write books; Noah hated writing, and lamented much as Solomon did.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
This is my last reponse to tell you that I am no longer responding to your rubbish. Any scientist with half a cerebrum knows that clay tablet writing came before the manufacture of papyrus.

You live in your own little delusional kingdom which logic and fact cannot penetrate.

So you just have fun with that okay? I have nothing left to say to you.

I could have a more lucid and constructive debate with a sea cucumber.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:45 PM

43 posts, read 52,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
I'd like a Young Earth Creationists take on some of this observable phenomenon in our Universe:

Stars:

We can observe light from stars millions of light years away. The speed of light is a computable law of nature. If the Earth was only 6000 years old, then how did the light from stars millions of light years away reach Earth already?

Natural Resources:

Fossil fuels such as oil and coal take much longer than 6000 years to form naturally. How do you explain the abundance of these resources on Earth if the planet is 6000 years old?

Mountains:

Many mountain ranges on our planet are observed to be growing higher due to plate tectonic collisions. Did god create a base for these mountains and then have the plates collide to have the mountains grow ever so slightly every year?

Craters:

The earth is littered with massive craters from asteroid impacts throughout its history. Many of these craters are so large that it would have had devestating effects on mankind. We can calculate the amount of energy that would be released to create these craters and estimate what it would do to the planet. The results are unsettling. Yet, somehow, we've been struck by these asteroids in the past 6000 years without anyone noticing a thing?
While the number of Young Earth Creationists must be extremely small, your side of the debate, the Dawkins side, likes to pretend that most everybody who doesn't agree with you is a YEC. Aside from being incomprehensibly dishonest, such a position is extremely anti-intellectual and anti-scientific.

So now if I may, I'd like to put on my Dawkins Anti-intellectual, Anti-scientific hat and pretend to be one of you guys.

DAA: (Nota bene, DAA is the dyslexic form of ADD)

All rightey, we all know that evolution is "fact, fact, fact," so let's debate it. You go first. You give me your creationist theory and I'll rip you a new one.

As for my side, we know that that Anthropic Principle is all relative. It evolved, like the sun did, and like the stars did, and like refractivity did.

Yes, everything evolved. If you knew anything, you'd know that.

The statistics of polypeptide synthesis may seem to be insuperable, but in fact, we're just *lucky*. Lots of luck. We make references to your "God of the gaps" but it is we *lucky* scientists who invoke the Science of the Gaps again and again, and you don't even notice.

Missing links? We'll find them. Eventually.

Unanswered questions? We need more grant money. Lots, lots more grant money for our *research*. Hey, you know nothing, so shut up and give us more money to study the bisexual transgendered flagellates and their predispositions to synthetic octylphenoxyethoxyethyl ether sulfonate.

So you don't understand how everything came about? It's so simple.
Evolution. Whatever your question is, evolution is the answer. At least from my worldview, and it is of course the only possible one possible.

All right then, here's my marble statue waving to you: "BUH BYE"!

It is *possible*. I said so in one of my books. The same one that said a cow could *possibly* jump over the moon. Oh, and a monkey could eventually type all of Shakespeare.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:58 PM

Ms Kele says this:
Quote:
Quote:

Cuneiform, which emerged in
Sumer around 3000 B.C.. is the earliest example of writing

Ms Kele is rebuked for her ignorance of history:
Quote:
Egypt: Neferirkare Kakai, Third King of the Old Kingdom 5th Dynasty

Neferirkara Kakai...probably the son of Userkaf, the first king of the 5th Dynasty, ...

Also, papyrus found in his pyramid complex were written in ink and are the earliest known documents in hieratic script, a cursive form of hieroglyphics. http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/neferirkara1a.jpg (broken link)
The hieratic papyrus found at his pyramid complex are probably his most notable contributions to Egyptology. They were originally discovered in 1893 by local farmers and consist of 300 papyrus fragments. They remained unpublished for some seventy-five years, even as the first archaeologists were excavating Abusir. Only later did a Czech mission, which explored the site in 1976, take full advantage of these documents.
and
Quote:
1. Teachings
Teachings, part only preserved
Teaching for Kagemni
Quote:
Ms Kele, , flees;
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
This is my last reponse to tell you that I am no longer responding to your rubbish. Any scientist with half a cerebrum knows that clay tablet writing came before the manufacture of papyrus.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Ms Kele says this:
and Ms Kele, , flees;
You really need to shut your pie hole, you have no idea who kele is because you refuse to listen to facts. You have showed yourself to be completely incoherent and lacking in the ability to tell the difference between fact and fiction, which is all you post, fiction. Nothing you post is coherent or based on fact. You think because a book says so it is fact. you have A lot to learn and people here are really done dealing with your complete nonsense.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:28 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Ms Kele says this:
and Ms Kele, , flees;
Nice snip and paste...

His throne name was Nefer-ir-ka-re (Beautiful is the Soul of Re) while his birth name was Kakai. He was the third king of the Old Kingdom 5th dynasty, ruling from about 2477 until 2467 BC, obviously a very short reign, though Egyptologists argue both the dates for his reign as well as the length of his reign.

Ms Kele is correct.

These papyri are the earliest know DOCUMENTS, not EXAMPLES. The earliest EXAMPLES are written on clay tablets, a DOCUMENT is written on any type of paper.

And you taking about others having an ignorance of history is simply the epitomie of arrogant and ignorance.

And getting sick of your continued purposefull, self-impossed ignorance, of what, to be frank, has been taken to new heights I've never seen before, would cause even the staunchest debator not to flee, but stalk off in disgust. You do not win, you've merely succeded in running through her patience as you CONTINUALLY ignore simple peer reviewed and widely accepted facts in favor of clear and admitted hoaxes and frauds, and an ancient manuscript proven absolutely wrong so many times as to render it nothing more than a badly written fictional novel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality