Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God created man perfect . All your list of why's are a result of man going is own way , rejecting God and becoming is own god .

Nihonkitty whether you like it or not you believe in god , every one of your posts suggests you do . Your god is yourself and you worship yourself.
You have been led astray pcamps. You are worshipping a counterfeit god, one concocted in the imaginations of false prophets. Bow down and worship the one true god, Nihonkitty.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
You have been led astray pcamps. You are worshipping a counterfeit god, one concocted in the imaginations of false prophets. Bow down and worship the one true god, Nihonkitty.

I know who i have believed in

Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God is righteous and good.
No, he's not. Thats what we are telling you. The God you believe in is not righteous or good. He is petty and mean spirited, and more evil than any human known to man - if we are to believe the bible.

How can you call him righteous when you are shown proof of his wickedness? Your defense of him relies completely on circular logic: You say God is righteous, and the proof that he is righteous is that he is God. The actual evidence of his heinous atrocities is simply ignored. Stick your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalala God is righteous lalalalala"

Quote:
He is creator, so he can distroy what he created.
My wife and I can kill our children then? He does the very things that he describes as sin.

Quote:
If we were gods like him, then we could kill like him. Since we are humans then we must follow his commands and live our life like he did as a human. That is, we need to follow what Jesus (God) did as a human to live a perfect sinless life.
In the bible, God said it is a sin to punish children for the crimes of their parents. Yet, on several occasions he punished children for the crimes of their parents. He said it is a sin to murder, but then he murdered. God never actually said not to rape, but he certainly ordered his followers to kill their enemies and rape their wives and children.... if you believe the bible

There is a huge gap between how Christians depict their God and how their bible describes him.

According to the tales told about him in the bible, God is not righteous, he is a wicked, jealous, petty sinner. The whole idea that he wants to torture everyone who doesn't worship him should make you reconsider just what kind of a deity you are worshiping.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,664 times
Oh my, I can't believe I ran across these statements. It's quite late for me to try and take a crack at this one but here's something offhand...

The true character of the Christian God? Is that the only point here? If so then it should be said that no one will know the true character of anyone unless they get to know the person on an even keel level-headed fair basis. If I went around talking smack about someone I didn't know and then they were able to see me someday from a distance, do you think they would want to promote a genuine relationship or leave me aside? No one will know God unless they come to him with the respect that anyone deserves to be apporached with.... especially when we're dealing with someone with the reputation of being the creator of the universe, there's an extra amount of seriousness with that hanging out there.
(maybe a bad example but) If I were to speak of my employer outwardly with the same lack of decency, I suspect they wouldn't be too fond of keeping me around. Therefore I turn to the statement of Christ - because since we're talking Christianity here, he said 'no one comes to the father except through me'. Since Christianity believes in a new covenant for the faithful believers in salvation of Christ from the cross, then we need to know that a relationship with Christ would be necessary to acheive before understanding the father/creator God.

This whole topic is much deeper than this and I know it doesn't address some of the opening statements on this thread but it should be something to think about. you can't expect to understand something (in this case someone) unless you have the proper attitude to approach it. God may seem difficult to understand at first, but through a proper relationship it will start to make sense. The closest thing I can come up with is like a father/child relationship. A father doesn't teach everything to a child at once nor are they ready. It's a series of experiences lived out together when the father takes the opportunity to speak to their child about the lessons of life. You can't get that from a book alone.{ God, I know who you are... and I love ya. I'll stick up for ya anyday.}

Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
It's clear you'll stick up for God, just like a battered woman does for her husband, or a North Korean will for Kim Jung Ill.

But I feel comfortable not worshiping him, and acknowledging the evil that he was.

Of course, I don't believe he ever existed, and the bible was written by tribesman who were trying to justify their evil by saying "God told me to do it", (which still may happen to this day!)

Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
No, he's not. Thats what we are telling you. The God you believe in is not righteous or good. He is petty and mean spirited, and more evil than any human known to man - if we are to believe the bible.

How can you call him righteous when you are shown proof of his wickedness? Your defense of him relies completely on circular logic: You say God is righteous, and the proof that he is righteous is that he is God. The actual evidence of his heinous atrocities is simply ignored. Stick your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalala God is righteous lalalalala"

My wife and I can kill our children then? He does the very things that he describes as sin.

In the bible, God said it is a sin to punish children for the crimes of their parents. Yet, on several occasions he punished children for the crimes of their parents. He said it is a sin to murder, but then he murdered. God never actually said not to rape, but he certainly ordered his followers to kill their enemies and rape their wives and children.... if you believe the bible

There is a huge gap between how Christians depict their God and how their bible describes him.

According to the tales told about him in the bible, God is not righteous, he is a wicked, jealous, petty sinner. The whole idea that he wants to torture everyone who doesn't worship him should make you reconsider just what kind of a deity you are worshiping.
The bible describes God as just and righteous and good, did you miss those sections?. You think you can judge God, but you have misread the bible. The bible tells the truth. Look who is telling people to kill and rape and you will find that it is not God, but rather man. So the evil you have a problem with is man's evil.

God is the only one that is righteous (in right standing). We get our righteousness from him. Without God we are nothing.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
The bible describes God as just and righteous and good, did you miss those sections?. You think you can judge God, but you have misread the bible. The bible tells the truth. Look who is telling people to kill and rape and you will find that it is not God, but rather man. So the evil you have a problem with is man's evil.

God is the only one that is righteous (in right standing). We get our righteousness from him. Without God we are nothing.
Misread?! Are you serious?! Misread?! So what...we are misunderstanding the parts about god killing women and babies? Does it really translate into he was merciful and loving and spared the kids and gave them a chance to grow up? I thought that was what it meant but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 AM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

Ya know Nikk, when you put your fingers in your ears to prevent hearing things about god that you don't want to hear, it's a good idea to stop when you feel resistance.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Misread?! Are you serious?! Misread?! So what...we are misunderstanding the parts about god killing women and babies? Does it really translate into he was merciful and loving and spared the kids and gave them a chance to grow up? I thought that was what it meant but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying!
I know, what are they blind, or do they just skip the 90% of the Bible that speaks of punishment, torture, rape, killing, abuse? Oh wait I forgot, it is ok when HE does it since he is GOD!! WOW, it is unbelievable to me that people buy into that crap. This is why there are so many problems in the world and why there is war and people divided, religion. I cant think of any real good that comes from it. The writers pulled off the ultimate con.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,664 times
If you are quoting sections the Bible with an accusation of God being a murderer then I would like to understand more specifics. The Bible does have verses describing violent acts being called upon others and even to be done so by people towards others, you are correct. But it seems as though you (genrally spoken to the majority)are arguing the very logic behind killing itself and not so much about the intentions of God. If you are against killing and cannot understand why God would accept it in a Creation of his making then you first need to stop the attitude and speak civily. Nobody likes kids that throw sand in the sandbox - it will turn others away from participating in what should be a reasonable discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality