Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You're argument is inherently flawed from the begining.

Certainly you believe that people "must" by saved, but why?

What about all those people who lived before your religion, and that of your parent religion, were developed? Are all those millions of people unsaved and doomed to your hell?

What about the two thirds of the global population that do not look to your Christ today?

Do we get "freebies"?
No freebies! We are all without excuse, for the heavens declare the glory of God and all know there is a God.

Christianity is a sect of Judaism that specifically follows Jesus Christ as the Messiah and Son of God as proclaimed by the prophets of Old.

The bible comes to use through Moses, but ultimately from Noah. Since all are descended from Noah, then all cultures of the world have a memory of God.

God is the judge and he is also a righteous judge. He will judge man based on the heart of that man and that man's/or woman's intentions. That is how he can judge the unborn and those who are mentally handicaped, etc.

So, if you know of Jesus Christ and flat out reject him who is the Son of God, how will you be able to stand before him and be judged on that day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm not drowning; and I know how to swim.
Leave me to my own devices.
If I want religion, I know where to find a church.

When you preach to me, you do a great disservice to all christian religions.
I resent your harassment and the more it happens, the more my respect erodes.

Leave.me.alone.

Once is too often.
I get harassed regularly in the States and when I live near military communities.
I throw pitchers of water on people because I have a sign that clearly states that I don't want them to bother me. Ever.

Atheist Revolution: Ending Door-to-Door Proselytizing

Look about 1/3 down on the page.
This doesn't work, either.
See bolded. If I don't share my faith, I do a great disservice to my Savior. However, Jesus told us that if a person won't listen (i.e. says "no thanks"), we should move on. A Christian who harasses the same person over & over is clearly not following Scripture. In addition, a sign on the door should be respected.

As I said earlier, I believe most Christian denominations don't do door-to-door evangelizing.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
See bolded. If I don't share my faith, I do a great disservice to my Savior. However, Jesus told us that if a person won't listen (i.e. says "no thanks"), we should move on. A Christian who harasses the same person over & over is clearly not following Scripture. In addition, a sign on the door should be respected.

As I said earlier, I believe most Christian denominations don't do door-to-door evangelizing.
I agree, most Christians don't do door to door. It is not that effective. I think Cheilgirl is getting harassed by JW's and thinks they are Christians, which they are not.

BTW, her article states that a Christian would not want a Satanist prosteletizing on their front porch. This is an assumption that they are making and is incorrect. I would like the Satanist to come to my door. At least they would get a chance to hear the truth from someone (in other words, me). Really anyone as far as I am concerned is a satanist if they do not serve Jesus Christ, in that, they are out to serve "self" and that is ultimately what Satan was out to do, serve himself.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I agree, most Christians don't do door to door. It is not that effective. I think Cheilgirl is getting harassed by JW's and thinks they are Christians, which they are not.

BTW, her article states that a Christian would not want a Satanist prosteletizing on their front porch. This is an assumption that they are making and is incorrect. I would like the Satanist to come to my door. At least they would get a chance to hear the truth from someone (in other words, me). Really anyone as far as I am concerned is a satanist if they do not serve Jesus Christ, in that, they are out to serve "self" and that is ultimately what Satan was out to do, serve himself.
Again with the word truth. Your truth ( faith really) not everyone's and to assume so is really rude. So now I am a satanist because I do not serve Jesus?! You guys worship a "God" that kills innocent children, is ok with the abuse and rape of women, slavery, eating of children ( as discussed in another thread) and you have the nerve to call us satanists? Wow, you are really lucky you are not at my door to preach!!!!!!!! What is with the "holier than thou"attitude of Christians? it is not deserved. I have never met a more, hateful, judgmental bunch in my life!!!!!!!! You guys can take a long walk off a short pier.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Again with the word truth. Your truth ( faith really) not everyone's and to assume so is really rude. So now I am a satanist because I do not serve Jesus?! You guys worship a "God" that kills innocent children, is ok with the abuse and rape of women, slavery, eating of children ( as discussed in another thread) and you have the nerve to call us satanists? Wow, you are really lucky you are not at my door to preach!!!!!!!! What is with the "holier than thou"attitude of Christians? it is not deserved. I have never met a more, hateful, judgmental bunch in my life!!!!!!!! You guys can take a long walk off a short pier.
It's rude to know the truth and want to tell others? Yet, you don't mind your children being taught by teachers who think they know the truth!

There is no such thing as inocent children! All are born into sin.

The bible is not OK wit abuse or rape.

The bible is clear about slavery. Whether your are slave or free, serve God with all your heart. If you are a slave be a good slave, if you are a lord with slaves, be kind and generous with them.

The bible does not condone eating of children.

Christians are not hateful or judgemental. At least they should not be. For if they are they are not being a Christian and are therefore serving themselves (like I said previously anyone who serves self is a Satanist, doing the same work as Satan).

Tho holier then thou attitude you may be detecting is called "righteousness".

Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It's rude to know the truth and want to tell others? Yet, you don't mind your children being taught by teachers who think they know the truth!

The bible is clear about slavery. Whether your are slave or free, serve God with all your heart. If you are a slave be a good slave, if you are a lord with slaves, be kind and generous with them.

Christians are not hateful or judgemental. At least they should not be. For if they are they are not being a Christian and are therefore serving themselves (like I said previously anyone who serves self is a Satanist, doing the same work as Satan).

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25) RAPE

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16) RAPE

And yes it is rude to preach your beliefs when you are not asked to.Children have not sinned, just another scape goat excuse for God's killing. I would rather have the teachers today teaching my kids than ANYONE who teaches the bible, which is just a bunch of lies and myths and atrocities.

And in no way are you Righteous. More like judgemental, bigotied and rude.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:

"And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD they God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straightness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:" (Deuteronomy 28:53) Eating kids

"And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates." (Deuteronomy 28:57) eating kids

And yes you are judgmental,, what was it you said, you think anyone that does not follow christ is a satanist? Well if that is not being Judgmental I dont know what it!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25) RAPE

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16) RAPE

And yes it is rude to preach your beliefs when you are not asked to.Children have not sinned, just another scape goat excuse for God's killing. I would rather have the teachers today teaching my kids than ANYONE who teaches the bible, which is just a bunch of lies and myths and atrocities.

And in no way are you Righteous. More like judgemental, bigotied and rude.
You do err, because you are missreading the quotes you give yourself. The concubines in Judges were raped by evil men. It does not say that God told them to do this.

Isaiah was telling them what would happen. That is what prophets do. They tell the truth concerning future events. He never said these things were good in God's eyes, just that they would happen.

If it is rude to preach ones belief when not asked to, then why do they preach evolution and its false beliefs to my children in the school system! They never asked me if it is OK.

The problem that you have concerning the bible is that you did not read it. If you did, you were looking for some kind of problem. The bible is a true account of the past, even if it shows some of the dark side of human nature itself which includes these things that you dispise like rape and killing of children.

Try this: Jerimiah 19:"5": They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind".

In the above quote, God is talking and these people he is refering to were taking their babies and children and burning them to Baal (sound familiar? Its called abortion and it is what we are doing in America, burning these fetus' in the incinerators). And God says he did not speak it and it did not even come into his mind because it is so vile.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You do err, because you are missreading the quotes you give yourself. The concubines in Judges were raped by evil men. It does not say that God told them to do this.

Isaiah was telling them what would happen. That is what prophets do. They tell the truth concerning future events. He never said these things were good in God's eyes, just that they would happen.

If it is rude to preach ones belief when not asked to, then why do they preach evolution and its false beliefs to my children in the school system! They never asked me if it is OK.

The problem that you have concerning the bible is that you did not read it. If you did, you were looking for some kind of problem. The bible is a true account of the past, even if it shows some of the dark side of human nature itself which includes these things that you dispise like rape and killing of children.

Try this: Jerimiah 19:"5": They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind".

In the above quote, God is talking and these people he is refering to were taking their babies and children and burning them to Baal (sound familiar? Its called abortion and it is what we are doing in America, burning these fetus' in the incinerators). And God says he did not speak it and it did not even come into his mind because it is so vile.
Yea, you keep telling yourself that.....
Many things I have read, is suppose to be God's words to those he is commanding. I have read enough to know God's view on killing, it seems to be his favorite thing to do. You send your kids to school knowing full well what they are going to teach them. Dont like it send them to a bible school. All you are doing when you tell your kids the teachers are wrong, is setting them up to believe that teachers dont know what they are talking about in any subject. Also the Bible has never been proven to be true, on the contrary, if it had been proven true, science today would not find what they find and schools would not teach what they teach. And I am not misreading anything it says it was clearly not future tense, I dont believe in the "interpretations and prophets", that is just a scapegoat, oh "he said it but he did not mean it" that is such BS.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
"And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD they God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straightness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:" (Deuteronomy 28:53) Eating kids

"And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates." (Deuteronomy 28:57) eating kids

And yes you are judgmental,, what was it you said, you think anyone that does not follow christ is a satanist? Well if that is not being Judgmental I dont know what it!!!!!
I am just saying what Jesus himself said.

Luke 9:49: And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50: And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

And Matthew 16:"23": But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

So, Jesus said to his own disciple that he was confederate with Satan, because he was concerned with the things of men and not of God. And he also said if you are for Christ, you are not against him, where the reciprical is true, if you are against Christ, you are not for him. Or doing the work of Satan which is called above the "things of men".

So, you are being judgemental of me, because you do not like my judgements, yet my judgements are true and where they come from are right.

Look to yourself what you beleive! You want me to tolerate you and your judgements, yet you will not tolerate me and mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality