Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times

Advertisements

I'm pondering if Christians who are preaching "Good news" being genuine. According to this "good news", you are trying to save unbelievers from fiery hell. Bible told you to spread the news, to keep you from hell.
Let me ask you this, do you really care if unbelievers are saved? Or you do only care that by spreading "good news" You are reserving place in Heaven for yourself?

Don't tell me there is no "bonus" to you for preaching. I would call this act selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 01:57 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
I always say preaching by any religious group is buying a front row seat in 'heaven'...it's all about doing for themselves, another thing they don't like to hear, but the truth nonetheless. At the end of the line is a spot in that place they call heaven...like a prize for those who sell the most candybars

Old 08-01-2009, 02:02 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
If anyone has read any of my posts, there is no doubt that I'm as atheist as they come. lol

However, I think you're off a little. There is no quota for canvassing Christians and I honestly, honestly believe they do care, and aren't simply witnessing to save their own hides, so to speak.

That brings us to our next issue, that being that they are ultimately and utterly delusional about the realities of life. It's scary how scared and gullible they are, but I genuinely believe they're trying to do the right thing - they simply don't know what the right thing is.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Man, is that what they're doing, that's a little hypocritical don't you think...

Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
If you saw a person drowning, would you not try to rescue them? I'll only speak for myself, but I believe the future is grim for those who reject Christ. It's not only my duty (Matthew 28:19), but I want others to be saved from the judgement ahead. It may be difficult for you to believe, but many Christians actually do care.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:40 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If you saw a person drowning, would you not try to rescue them? I'll only speak for myself, but I believe the future is grim for those who reject Christ. It's not only my duty (Matthew 28:19), but I want others to be saved from the judgement ahead. It may be difficult for you to believe, but many Christians actually do care.
See, I stand by my earlier post.

They truly do care. They believe we're going to perish and burn, and they care.

But they sure are delusional and out of touch with reality -- scared, naive, and gullible individuals.

I feel more sad for them than angered.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:

But we don't think we need to be saved. I certainly dont, I live a more honest life than most of the Christians I know. If we want to be saved we will yell for help.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
See, I stand by my earlier post.

They truly do care. They believe we're going to perish and burn, and they care.

But they sure are delusional and out of touch with reality -- scared, naive, and gullible individuals.

I feel more sad for them than angered.
No need to feel sad for me. I'm perfectly content with my life in Christ. However, if I'm wrong, I'll be the same as you.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
But we don't think we need to be saved. I certainly dont, I live a more honest life than most of the Christians I know. If we want to be saved we will yell for help.
You bring up another point. It's our duty as Christians to spread the gospel message. The results are up to God (or from your perspective, you).

I find it interesting that you compare yourself to Christians. Why?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
You're argument is inherently flawed from the begining.

Certainly you believe that people "must" by saved, but why?

What about all those people who lived before your religion, and that of your parent religion, were developed? Are all those millions of people unsaved and doomed to your hell?

What about the two thirds of the global population that do not look to your Christ today?

Do we get "freebies"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality