Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Little lady, when you pose a pending proposition such as "When you think you have thoughts such as "What will I eat tonight?" "What will I do tomorrow?" "Should I change jobs?" "It's a very nice day outside" "Go Batman!" "Do I look alright?" "What is the meaning of life?" "What is the diametric consequence of fluctuations in the time space continuum?" ...

You should conclude "..then you should could consider/conclude/wonder if.." Something. Just a hint.
Do you regularly attend the School of Irrelevancy or are you just a natural talent?

LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Do you regularly attend the School of Irrelevancy or are you just a natural talent?

LOL!
My dear chap, I'm simply trying to help you at least improve the structure of your arguments. There is no point in addressing the content as it is ALL irrelevant.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
This just goes to PROVE...without any doubt whatsoever...that you truly do not have the knowledge you are claiming you have...for MOSES DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING...surely, you are aware of this????? If not...I suggest you take some time to study that carefully before you make these bold and truly fallacious statements.
Methinks you know not of that which you boast.
Exd 17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this [for] a memorial in a book, and rehearse [it] in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
Exd 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Exd 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
Num 33:2 And Moses wrote their goings out according to their journeys by the commandment of the LORD: and these [are] their journeys according to their goings out.

Deu 31:9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

Deu 31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,Mar 12:19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave [his] wife [behind him], and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you are so right and they are acting like what they have bought into.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
My dear chap, I'm simply trying to help you at least improve the structure of your arguments. There is no point in addressing the content as it is ALL irrelevant.
John 3:14-19
[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
[15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You do know you are trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who claims the earth does not spin,does not rotate around the sun,and believes there is an actual temple on the sun that God lives in,right?
In other words: I believe what God tells us emphatically, in many passages, written by His inspired prophets, about His creation. The earth is a globe, fixed in its place, held in position by the "winds/powers =electromagnetic forces in an electric universe- and does not spin, tilt or rotate, but the heavens rotate around the earth and the sun, moon, and stars have their own peculiar orbits and stations, within the heavens rotation.
The created temple where God sits on His created throne in His created Holy of Holies in His created heavens is not stated by YHWH to be on His created sun, but "set in" His created "sun". -That's just His doctrine that He wrote for us to know.
"In the sun hath He set His tabernacle...", writes the Psalmist, David, in the Hebrew; and the Greek translators of the Septuagint also translated it that way, and writers of hymns to YHWH, which were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, also knew it and wrote of it.
Douay-Rheims 18: 6] He hath set his tabernacle in the sun: and he, as a bridegroom coming out of his bride chamber, Hath rejoiced as a giant to run the way: [7] His going out is from the end of heaven, And his circuit even to the end thereof: and there is no one that can hide himself from his heat.
DSS, the Hymns
Quote:
1QH XIX 31-XX9
For the Instructor, praises and prayers,
to bow down and intreat always,
from period to period:
when the light comes from his residence;
in the positions of the day, according to regulation,
in accordance with the laws of the great luminary;
at the return of the evening, at the departure of light,
when the realm of the shades begins;
at the appointed moment of the night, in their stations;
at the return of dawn..
Quote:
Isaiah 18:4 For so the LORD said1 unto me, I will take my rest,4 and I will consider55 in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs,

Clear is dazzling
heat is hot
herbs is sun (light, luminary, etc)
So YHWH said, "I will take my rest and scan intently/look down/consider from my dwelling place (a fixture, habitation, abode), the dazzling hot sun."

Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
John 3:14-19
[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
[15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Raffa 7:3-6

[3] He that is unable to speaketh his own words, showeth unto us that he thinketh not.
[4] And walketh he in the wilderness under the cloak of darkness and ignorance.
[5] For such a man is condemned to wander blindly through the darkness, forever tormented by the demons of his own imagination.
[6]For verily I say unto thee my brothers. Such a man is not worthy to receive the golden treasure of education and knowledge.

AMEN!

Last edited by Rafius; 08-12-2010 at 10:11 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
In other words: I believe what God tells us emphatically, in many passages, written by His inspired prophets, about His creation. The earth is a globe, fixed in its place, held in position by the "winds/powers =electromagnetic forces in an electric universe- and does not spin, tilt or rotate, but the heavens rotate around the earth and the sun, moon, and stars have their own peculiar orbits and stations, within the heavens rotation.
Even if one was to take the first chapter of Genesis literally (which is ridiculous, but I don't doubt that such individuals exist), there isn't a single word about the Earth being fixed in place. There are descriptions--completely non-technological descriptions--to explain a separation of Earth and sky, land and sea, stars in the night sky, sun and moon. But not a peep about a planet that doesn't rotate.

You sound like you've been reading too much Erich von Daniken.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Even if one was to take the first chapter of Genesis literally (which is ridiculous, but I don't doubt that such individuals exist), there isn't a single word about the Earth being fixed in place. There are descriptions--completely non-technological descriptions--to explain a separation of Earth and sky, land and sea, stars in the night sky, sun and moon. But not a peep about a planet that doesn't rotate.

You sound like you've been reading too much Erich von Daniken.
Psalm 93

The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

Psalm 104

He set the earth on its foundations;
it can never be moved.

Ecclesiastes 1:4-5
Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.

All seeming to express the immovability of the Earth.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 AM

465 posts, read 528,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Raffa 7:3-6

[3] He that is unable to speaketh his own words, showeth unto us that he thinketh not.
[4] And walketh he in the wilderness under the cloak of darkness and ignorance.
[5] For such a man is condemned to wander blindly through the darkness, forever tormented by the demons of his own imagination.
[6]For verily I say unto thee my brothers. Such a man is not worthy to receive the golden treasure of education and knowledge.

AMEN!
You might as well quote the three little pigs as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality