Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:38 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
birth control pills used to kill?!!! how would that work?!
read the post by Mercury Cougar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 08:46 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Used In the wrong way a pill can end up turning a girl into a murderess, and I don't think any of us want to see that happen.
So that is why pills and other tools such as cars must be used with care so as to not cause anyone harm.
Used completely correctly, a woman can still ovulate while on the pill, and the egg can be fertilized. Most of the time when this happens, the egg doesn't implant on the uterine wall, due to the effects of the pill. By your standards, this is murder.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:51 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This is one issue that I've never been able to make any sense out of. I do understand the religious point of view that abortion is wrong although I personally support the right of the woman to make that decision but since it's so obvious that the use of birth control methods such as the use of condoms or birth control pills would eliminate abortions I would think that religious people should support the idea. I know what people are going to say, that unmarried couples shouldn't be having sex anyway or that the only purpose of sex is produce babies so let me ask you this question. Which is worse, fornication or abortion? Why can't those people who are so opposed to birth control see that their efforts are going to lead to a greater number of abortions?
IMHO?

Anti-choicers (as opposed to us pro-lifers who support Roe v Wade) don't give a real hoot about unborn babies.

It all has to do with control.

The same control mentality that brought us Prohibition of Booze in the past, and Prohibition of Pot today.

Abortions have been around for millenia, ever since Humans first figured out which herbs woud most likely cause a spontanious abortion. The first recorded medical abortion procedure was recorded before the Common Era in ancient Greece.

Yet anti-choicers seem to think that abortions never occured until 1973. Go figure.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
. By your standards, this is murder.
I think by the child's standard too,,,,LOL

I got no problem with any of the forms of birth control that married men and women might employ or not employ...

As long as they dont end up killing a child, then I feel we should allow some freedom within the church for people to find their own system.

However the moment we start to use a system that might, even when used correctly most of the time, still has a chance to kill?
Thats where people of faith have to step up and speak in the name of the unborn child's right to life.

So, if you are unsure that a pill you might take could end up killing, then switch to a different form of birth coltro that does not put a child's life at risk like this....

You will still have control of when you have a child, and yet at the same time you will not be risking being held guilty by God of killing helpless children,,,a worse crime there is not.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
So, if you are unsure that a pill you might take could end up killing, then switch to a different form of birth coltro that does not put a child's life at risk like this....
So you're now backpedaling and saying it's not all right to use birth control pills? You can't keep sidestepping the question forever. Either they're okay or they're not. If you say they're okay, then either you're ignorant of how they work or you're a hypocrite.

About the only valid answer that you could give right now be that you didn't know they could function like that. I expect from now on you will advocate not using birth control pills, eh?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So you're now backpedaling and saying it's not all right to use birth control pills? ?
Again...My position is that I don't really care what form of birth control a man and wife use...
I believe we should allow married Christians some freedom to find their own system.
they have the right and the freedom within the Christian church to decide this for themselves.
none of us should try to use our position within the church to force people to use only one form of birth control.
So no preacher, no church teacher and no Pope should be sticking their nose too far into the the marriage bed of others.

However I also have always believed that the "pill" is just a tool.
Use correctly there is no problem.
Used in error there is a problem.

I got no problem with the pill if used correctly.
I don't think any Christian should object to the use of such things in the correct manner.

On the other hand, if you find that you are unable to use the pill correctly, or if you use it as a means to a cheap ABORTION, then I believe people of faith have a duty to stand up and speak in the name of the child's right to life.

I will never say that the idea of the pill and its careful use is in error, for I dont believe that is true and could be supported by the facts .

Yes there is some "chance" for unintended error, but that is also true every time I drive my car too.
If the Christian feels that even the chance that an unintended error might be too much of a chance for an ABORTION to happen, then I would support their finding another form of birth control.

Remember the pill is only one form of birth control and that the pill is not for everyone.
Many girls cant take it, nor should they.

And there are other forms of birth control that offer the wife a better and more sure means to control the number of children they have.
But I do believe that there is a temptation with the pill to think that "It's not murder" when it us used in error in a clear attempt to provide a cheap ABORTION.

Last edited by alanMolstad; 08-02-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This is one issue that I've never been able to make any sense out of. I do understand the religious point of view that abortion is wrong although I personally support the right of the woman to make that decision but since it's so obvious that the use of birth control methods such as the use of condoms or birth control pills would eliminate abortions I would think that religious people should support the idea. I know what people are going to say, that unmarried couples shouldn't be having sex anyway or that the only purpose of sex is produce babies so let me ask you this question. Which is worse, fornication or abortion? Why can't those people who are so opposed to birth control see that their efforts are going to lead to a greater number of abortions?
Some forms of birth control work as abortificants.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

Abortions have been around for millenia,
yes, as murder was one of the very first sins that the family of Adam and Eve saw happen to them.

So killing is nothing new to us humans.
We kill...always have killed, always will until the Lord returns.

The position of people of faith in this is to speak against the tide and say that we should not kill children...we should not kill people based on their age, or their hight, or their ability to speak...

If we do?
'If we kill people only because we don't love them,
Or we do not want them
or we do not think they are old enough yet'
Or we kill them just because they are smaller than we are...we become the worst monsters

Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,190 times
Well alan the morning after pill just prevents fertilization and/or implantation of the very first bundle of cells. How is that even close to murder? And could you imagine the trauma of a young girl being raped and then forced to have a baby? And not to mention even someone my age...I am 36...being raped would be a horrible trauma even to me. You have no idea since you are not a woman. You can't even imagine being forced to have a child you didn't ask to conceive!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well alan the morning after pill just prevents fertilization and/or implantation of the very first bundle of cells. How is that even close to murder? And could you imagine the trauma of a young girl being raped and then forced to have a baby? And not to mention even someone my age...I am 36...being raped would be a horrible trauma even to me. You have no idea since you are not a woman. You can't even imagine being forced to have a child you didn't ask to conceive!
If you believe that life begins at conception, then the prevention of implantation is murder.

As for the trauma to a woman who was raped? I pray I never have to support my wife or daughter in that circumstance....but I just had that discussion with my wife tonight. As she said....why kill the baby for something daddy did? We don't do that in a civilized society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality