Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:18 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,090 times

Advertisements

There is much heated debate about "Health Care". So I am directing this question more to those who call themselves "Christians", however, anyone may express their feelings towards this very important subject.

I will start this conversation with a question; As Christians and as a Christian nation that is made up of many people; is it not Christ like for a government, that professes to be founded in Christianity to adopt a policy that maintains a "Health Care System" for all?

Christ would teach that it is incumbent upon a government to take care of it's people with a plausible health care system that services everyone and does not exclude anyone.

And to back this statement up I would use the "H1N1" virus to support this argument. Here is a new virus that has infected a multitude of people around the world with ease. We know viruses mutate. We have approximately 47 million people in the United States that do not have health care. This winter can prove to be overwhelming to the health care system when these uninsured people contract this virus and if this virus mutates to something worse than it is now, it may prove to be a plague right out of biblical prophesies. Is that what it is going to take to rectify this unbalance in our society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
I'm not a Christian, but I don't think Jesus had a position on socialized medicine. At least I hope he didn't. I think most of his good deeds were supposed to be done by the community, and they didn't ask Piolot to help them that much.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
This is something. Ask a make believe god, whose followers have killed hundreds of millions in their quest to control humanity, to solve a real problem of health care. Let see the RCC has done a fine job in Africa. Only half the population has died so far with their no condom rule. We can add a few demons removal treatments, and treatment by prayer should save some dollars on treatment now, and lots when the person dies before they get old. I think I want to go somewhere else for suggestions on health care.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
As a Canadian I think universal heath care is a great thing, but it has nothing whatever to do with Jesus, Allah or any purported God......Religion would just screw it all up.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,495 times
Christians shouldn't need health care at all. Just pray for Jesus to heal you and you're good to go. Why would Christians need heath insurance when you have that? God should be able to take care of them through prayer.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Why do we even need health care if we can just pray to God to be healed?

Edit: hahaha great minds think alike achickenchaser

Old 08-03-2009, 08:14 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Why do we even need health care if we can just pray to God to be healed?

Edit: hahaha great minds think alike achickenchaser
Really!....Does that work for you? I prayed for some good medical marijuana, but all I got was leaves and stalks....No bud at all.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 PM

You prayed to the wrong dealer

Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
There is much heated debate about "Health Care". So I am directing this question more to those who call themselves "Christians", however, anyone may express their feelings towards this very important subject.

I will start this conversation with a question; As Christians and as a Christian nation that is made up of many people; is it not Christ like for a government, that professes to be founded in Christianity to adopt a policy that maintains a "Health Care System" for all?

Christ would teach that it is incumbent upon a government to take care of it's people with a plausible health care system that services everyone and does not exclude anyone.

And to back this statement up I would use the "H1N1" virus to support this argument. Here is a new virus that has infected a multitude of people around the world with ease. We know viruses mutate. We have approximately 47 million people in the United States that do not have health care. This winter can prove to be overwhelming to the health care system when these uninsured people contract this virus and if this virus mutates to something worse than it is now, it may prove to be a plague right out of biblical prophesies. Is that what it is going to take to rectify this unbalance in our society?

You're making some rather sweeping statements there. First of all, let's look at the 47 million. Truth be told, many of them simply choose not to buy insurance. Some are illegal aliens, The number itself is up for debate.

Having said that, we'll tackle the question of whether or not we should give healthcare to anyone that needs it. We already do. Walk into any ER in the country and they're required to treat you. You're making the statement that a healthcare "system" is better than what we've got. I consider that to be a false statement. You don't hear of Americans sneaking into Canada for free healthcare--it's Canadians coming here to get treatment. If we put through a government health care plan the rich will still get good treatment, while the poor will have to accept the inferior government health care.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post

Well, for starters, this country was not founded as a christer nation, our founding fathers were quite leary of religion, any religion, all religions, they knew that religions are not to be trusted, they are the great abusers of political power. This is why separation of Church and State WAS written into the constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality