U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:36 AM

5,356 posts, read 3,485,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oh, I think I pretty much follow them all -

How 'bout you?

Really? It says bastard children, and their children for 10 generations, should not be allowed in Church. Do you follow that law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:36 AM

24,995 posts, read 18,600,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Matt 5:17-20. Do not think that I have come to abollish the Law or the Prophets: I have not come to abollish them but fulfill them.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law Through "LOVE".

Romans 13: 8,10.
Let no debt remain outstanding except the continue debt to love one another, For he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the LAW.

Love does no harm to his neighbor. Therefore Love is the fulfillment of the LAW.

Matt 22:37.
Jesus said: " Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. this is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Grace and Peace to All!
I see that you conveniently left out part of the quote....

Matthew 5:17-20 Think not I came to destroy the law. I came not to abolish the law of the prophets but to fulfill. Not one stroke, not one word of the law shall pass until heaven and earth disappear.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
It means that instead of us being condemned he is.

Cool, then we can count on you not to quote old testiment laws against homosexuality, since you agree the OT is now abbrogated.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 AM

25,100 posts, read 24,573,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Really? It says bastard children, and their children for 10 generations, should not be allowed in Church. Do you follow that law?
Well, inasmuch as I have no bastard children, I'm not concerned with what you cite.

Then again - one of my children was killed by a drunk driver when he was three years old. His mom, who was pregnant with who was to be our 3rd child was left in a coma - on life supports. Sometime after the accident, and right after our son was born, she died. I was a young widower, with a 5 year old and a newborn child -

I'm sorry - I digressed.

So, to answer your question - yes, I guess you could say I follow what you cited.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 AM

320 posts, read 267,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I see that you conveniently left out part of the quote....

Matthew 5:17-20 Think not I came to destroy the law. I came not to abolish the law of the prophets but to fulfill.

Vs 18:Not one stroke, not one word of the law shall pass until heaven and earth disappear.
oops my mistake, It was only suppose to be Matt 5:17. and Not throught too verse 20.

thanks for that SS!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 24,573,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Do bastard children get to go to Church now or not?
You seem to be hung up on bastard children. Is there something you would like to tell us????

Old 08-10-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You seem to be hung up on bastard children. Is there something you would like to tell us????

Yea, that it was a cruel and ignorant law that your bible contained when it tired to punish children for their fathers running out on their pregnant mothers. Thankfully, those children didn't have to sit through sermons to hear other random made up stories that would only make things worse.

Hopefully, you can see that no inspired God would make such an indiotic law. Instead, you'll see that normal men who practiced the mores of their time wrote the bible, and there is nothing perfect or just about it.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:41 AM

2,345 posts, read 2,642,706 times
Quote:
Matt 5:17-20. Do not think that I have come to abollish the Law or the Prophets: I have not come to abollish them but fulfill them.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law Through "LOVE".

Romans 13: 8,10.
Let no debt remain outstanding except the continue debt to love one another, For he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the LAW.

Love does no harm to his neighbor. Therefore Love is the fulfillment of the LAW.

Matt 22:37.
Jesus said: " Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. this is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Grace and Peace to All!

What lovely scriptures! If love is the fulfillment of the law then what is all the fuss over gay marriage?!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 AM

24,995 posts, read 18,600,660 times
Quote:
oops my mistake, It was only suppose to be Matt 5:17. and Not throught too verse 20.

thanks for that SS!
Well then, whatever allows you to keep your rose coloured glasses on..

Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 AM

15,786 posts, read 5,626,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Where did you get that information,it definitely applies to this Christian,we still keep the commandments.
All 613 of them???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality