Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,103,009 times

Advertisements

I know I'm looking forward to it! No more Christers? What are we going to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 03:40 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,479,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You left out the divorcees, children who talk back to their parents, and people who tell white lies.
Oh no. It just so happens that his God hates only the sins he doesn't like, and looks the other way for the sins he happens to be in to.

In other words -

For the sins he doesn't happen to like, he has a God of righteous judgment.

...but....

For the sins he happens to like, he has a merciful God.

It's really a pretty good system.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM

309 posts, read 1,207,899 times
Default Death

Greetings,

are job is to love one another - tell them about jesus - let everybody make there choice. Heaven or hell. Not judge them

but the bible is very clear about what god likes or dislikes. It is up to the person to believe the word or not. The word isn't going to change for nobody.

Every single person is redeemedable. No matter what...

So listen to the song by gladys knight or leann rhimes, "i hope you dance".. Be kind to another. Just smile. Lighten up...
Be blessed

Old 08-11-2009, 04:38 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,690,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abegofet View Post
Don't worry

It will all be made crystal clear to all of us when the Lord returns.
those left behind will suffer their consequenses for an eternity. Something the Atheists and homosexuals i'm sure are all looking forward to!
the weird and scary (and tragic) thing is that, as a so-called christian, it is you who is looking forward to it!
the atheists and liberated homosexuals (as opposed to those who are under the oppressive thumb of the "church") aren't worried about that future non-event that you are so attached to and fascinated by.
it's your paradigm.
it is not an objective perception of "reality" and only exists within the minds that hold it to be true.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,790,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
i am not yelling to all those who think i am i just prefer to keep my caps locked.i am merely expressing myself as a lady.if it offended anyone i make no aplologys for anything i write.seem like some of you have some demons talking to you to get you upset over the word.that's your problem,you deal with it remember i'm not yelling
Ummmm. We didn't mean for you to stop using the Caps lock altogether.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,395,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
We'd also have to put to death liars, thieves, blasphemers, adulterers, haters, etc.
Well, that would whittle down the number of Christians REAL fast.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,395,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sans ersatz modelisto View Post
Would you like to see homosexuals put to death? They're not going to change, and many of you believe that they are the ultimate sinners...so, would you like to see them pay the ultimate price?

Also, doesn't the Bible say a "man who sleeps with another man as he would a woman shall be stoned to death" or something along those lines?

Why or why not?
Shh, not so loud.

They DID put them to death in our Colonial period.

And some Calvanists, like Rushdooney and his Christian Reconstructionist Movement, currently fronted by the Chaldeon Foundation and forwarded by Pat Roberts, Graham, and their ilk, would see those laws returned.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:01 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,790,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abegofet View Post
Don't worry

It will all be made crystal clear to all of us when the Lord returns.
those left behind will suffer their consequenses for an eternity. Something the Atheists and homosexuals i'm sure are all looking forward to!
Is the above not the antithesis of Christianity. Your man-god commanded: "Love your neighbour." This ‘Christian’, with his own fingers has condemned himself with the hope and desire that atheists and homosexuals receive the full measure of his god's wrath.

This so called ‘Christian’ has committed one of the most heinous anti-Christian crimes: the joyous celebration of the damnation--nay, the severest punishment--for another individual, an individual he is supposed to love unconditionally. Un-con-di-tion-al-ly! No "ifs" or "whens" or any excuses. 100% of the time, regardless of state of mind, body, pocketbook, class, or any other human-invented division.

Your post, abegofet, sadly places your stated beliefs in an untenuous position. Your words announce in glorious living colour that you, yourself, do not really believe in ‘the Christ’ or in his philosophy of salvation and relationships with God and man.

You may at this point bluster and protest that you do. But, actions speak louder than words. Your obvious hope that we will suffer for eternity is very telling of your inner nature.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:31 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,383,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Oh man ain't that the truth!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
I'm pretty sure only a few would exist on the planet if that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality