Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
If you carefully read the report, you will see that there are no comments made by actual hospital staff.

No doctor claimed she was "dead for 17 hours".

No doctor said she was in "rigor mortise".

No hospital staff are directly quoted as saying they were "amazed".

Is there some personal reason bible-thumpers have to lie and/or indulge in self-delusion to substantiate their religion?
You obviously havent read the same report i did when i googled it. Ill find it for you and post it. Further, have I ever 'bible bashed' you ? Lastly, the existence of a personal Theistic Creator can be rationally shown to exist without even resorting to the Bible . It can be done on modern scientific evidence alone , but alas, is there any amount of evidence that would convince 'the atheist' enough for him to bow his knee and submit his life to the Creator ? I think not because its not a matter of evidence...its a matter of ones Will .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 PM

737 posts, read 1,036,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well science tells us that the universe was once so small, you could put it in you shirt pocket. Somehow all of a sudden, a talking snake seems much more believable. The fact is, the Bible has a lot of historical evidence that confirms it's reality. It would require a lot more faith to believe ideas that are coming from science, then the stories coming from the Bible. Especially when we have a lot of historical evidence that already confirms much of the Bible.

If they were wearing shirts back then they probably had BIG pockets....filled with BIG pens in BIG pocket protectors!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The unfounded opinions of men, opinions unsupported by evidence or accepted by their peers, is not "science".

Science disproves your Holy Babble time and time again.
Rubbish. You only want to hear what you want to hear . Over 700 of the worlds top PHD scientists dissend from Darwinnian Evolution and atheistic origins for first life (including atheist world reknown Biologist and co founder of the DNA Structure, Dr. Francis Crick, who affirms in his own book the chances of atheistic first life at a probability of 10x40,000 power -- now thats what i call absurd FAITH !) ; until you dispense of your made-up-mind and honestly seek for the truth, youll always be making up excuses such as the ones above.

Last edited by RVlover; 08-16-2009 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: added

Old 08-16-2009, 01:36 PM

Val Thomas : Thomas | The Institute of Biblical Defense . In this site is a Youtube video link which you can click onto . The Doctors pulled the plug on the life support machine , then she went 17 hours flat lined dead. Her Son describes the rigor mortis that has set in on the YouTube Video. Her coming back to life was a real miracle ...something that medicine DID NOT do for her.

The wonderful God who fashioned this Cosmos for us to live in, occassionally intercedes in his Creation to perform real miracles that go beyond any reasonable medical explanation. If you are willing to move closer to God, he promises to reveal more of himself to you ; he is personal and you are personal ... thus we are made to get to know God. Its the very ultimate purpose we have for being alive at this point in history . You can choose to or not ...but wise people do including many wise, intelligent, notable people thruout history . Getting beyond SELF is the first major hurdle. I did it as an ex atheist , so can you . Regards.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:40 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusX View Post
Do Christians really believe that snakes can talk, people can fly, walk on water, separate the Red Sea with a stick, etc... I might as well start believing in Harry Potter.

Nope. Snakes can't talk. People can't fly.

Jesus walked on water, God caused the Red Sea to separate. And no....Harry Potter is about magic, not God.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:41 PM

I dont have enough faith to be an atheist . http://www.impactapologetics.com/pro...ion=1&P_ID=264

Old 08-16-2009, 01:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Val Thomas : Thomas | The Institute of Biblical Defense . In this site is a Youtube video link which you can click onto . The Doctors pulled the plug on the life support machine , then she went 17 hours flat lined dead. Her Son describes the rigor mortis that has set in on the YouTube Video. Her coming back to life was a real miracle ...something that medicine DID NOT do for her.

The wonderful God who fashioned this Cosmos for us to live in, occassionally intercedes in his Creation to perform real miracles that go beyond any reasonable medical explanation. If you are willing to move closer to God, he promises to reveal more of himself to you ; he is personal and you are personal ... thus we are made to get to know God. Its the very ultimate purpose we have for being alive at this point in history . You can choose to or not ...but wise people do including many wise, intelligent, notable people thruout history . Getting beyond SELF is the first major hurdle. I did it as an ex atheist , so can you . Regards.

If she were physically dead with a “flat line†heart beat, there would be no attempt to put her on a ventilator to preserve her organs for transplant. The organs would already be decomposing and doctors would recognize this.
If the "flat line" refers to brain waves rather than the heartbeat, this is common during hypothermia which the doctors induced to preserve brain function.

Working in the medical profession, I see nothing unusual here other than inaccurate sensationalism of the account.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:55 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Rubbish. You only want to hear what you want to hear . Over 700 of the worlds top PHD scientists dissend from Darwinnian Evolution and atheistic origins for first life (including atheist world reknown Biologist and co founder of the DNA Structure, Dr. Francis Crick, who affirms in his own book the chances of atheistic first life at a probability of 10x40,000 power -- now thats what i call absurd FAITH !) ; until you dispense of your made-up-mind and honestly seek for the truth, youll always be making up excuses such as the ones above.
Yeah right...Just another of apologists long list of lies....It is what they do best.

YouTube - List of Scientists Rejecting Evolution- Do they really?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Well, there are evangelicals, and there are those with an open mind.

The bible is full of metaphors, and the bible is full of stories that happened, and may have been exaggerated over time.

Saw a very good documentary on the exodus story, "Decoding the Exodus", where they show that the Red sea was wrongly translated from the "Reed sea" which is a very shallow swampy area north of the Red sea. They also went through and explained all of the plagues that God brought forth as natural events.

However, like they said at the end of this documentary, "Does this mean that all of these things were natural, or does God work within the natural world to get the outcome that he wants?"

I believe there is an all powerful being. I believe he brought all things into our Universe, but I believe he works in the natural world. I don't believe that a man was swallowed by a fish, I don't believe the world is 6000 years old, and I don't believe in revelations. I believe that when you die, you stand judged on what you did with your life. Gods idea of good and evil are well beyond what humans can comprehend, so saying you're going to hell for living with someone and not getting married, I think thats beyond stupid.

Generally, are most people you know good? People don't go around killing one another for the hell of it. Why not? Because we are given free thought, and everyone knows killing everyone else is just wrong. I believe that the bible should be read, and understand that it was a book inspired by "God" and written by man. Since it was written by man, it is broken, no doubt about it.

I also read the Koran and the Jewish bible. I think all religions actually follow the same God, and that we just changed things to meet our own selfish interests.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
You obviously havent read the same report i did when i googled it. Ill find it for you and post it. Further, have I ever 'bible bashed' you ? Lastly, the existence of a personal Theistic Creator can be rationally shown to exist without even resorting to the Bible . It can be done on modern scientific evidence alone , but alas, is there any amount of evidence that would convince 'the atheist' enough for him to bow his knee and submit his life to the Creator ? I think not because its not a matter of evidence...its a matter of ones Will .
I have read several news reports from "credible" (aka mainstream) news sources. They all say the same thing. NO hospital staff claimed the woman was dead for 17 hours or had "rigor mortis".

And BTW, Intelligent Design, another name for Creationism, is considered a pseudoscience since it has no grounding in scientific method and no evidence to support it.

And again, BTW, I'm not an Atheist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality