Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 PM

345 posts, read 203,549 times

Advertisements

It has been my observational experience that "they definately go to hell just prior to the divorce."I think it would be foolish for people to stay togeather for other than compatability. What is the point, life is so short. Too many people divorce multiple times for multiple reasons. If first you don't succeed try and try again. I was fortunate on the first try but have seen so many unhappy people that agonizingly prolonged certain divorce.Some people are too selfish and too stupid to be married no matter who the mate. Before divorce you should always ask yourself the question? What attracted me to that person in the first place and can that attraction be restored with the kind of communication that made it possible in the first place. If after try & try again this fails. Sign the papers as quickly as possible. Life is way...way...way...tooo short.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:22 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I agree 100%. Sin is sin no matter what. They are both choices we make and one is just as punishable as the next. The only exception I make to this is...I think there are legitimate reasons to opt for divorce (extramarital affairs and abuse between spouses or children). I really cannot think of any "legitimate" reasons to opt for homosexuality (My apologies to anyone that may be homosexual, I'm not trying to offend, just simply stating my opinion ).
If anyone can come up with any, I am willing to hear.
Here's a legitimate reason for "opting" to be homosexual... it's who they are, and who they can't HELP being attracted to. Could you imagine not ever being with the opposite sex? Sure, priests and nuns do that (some of them anyway ), but for most people that would be torturous. I can only imagine the same goes for gay people, who'd have to suppress those feelings for LIFE - that couldn't be a great way to live. When comparing that to divorce, it's actually quite similar... many people get divorced simply because it's necessary for their mental health & happiness.

Btw, I did say that "sin is sin" isn't really my belief, but I'm not sure if you noticed that. I think it's partially true, especially when it comes to judging other people's behaviors... but I'm only speaking of "sins" that don't actually hurt others, because obviously murder is worse than divorce!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM

267 posts, read 533,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I agree 100%. Sin is sin no matter what. They are both choices we make and one is just as punishable as the next. The only exception I make to this is...I think there are legitimate reasons to opt for divorce (extramarital affairs and abuse between spouses or children). I really cannot think of any "legitimate" reasons to opt for homosexuality (My apologies to anyone that may be homosexual, I'm not trying to offend, just simply stating my opinion ).
If anyone can come up with any, I am willing to hear.
Agreed, but onto the other bit...

Well what does that have to do with anything?

Visit the

Can you be gay and christian forum

and the

Gay marriage/for or against forum

over sixty pages each of explanations.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM

Thinking about it further (my last sentences)... guess what I'm trying to say is, while there are different levels of "sins", it isn't fair to excuse your own while condemning others.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
Agreed, but onto the other bit...

Well what does that have to do with anything?

Visit the

Can you be gay and christian forum

and the

Gay marriage/for or against forum

over sixty pages each of explanations.
Yes indeed... I actually got confused, and forgot what the original topic was for a moment. Happens a lot in these forums, LOL.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Mine cheated and abused me, so I divorced him. if that means I am going to hell, well I guess I will bring some marshmellows and chocolate because the divorce was worth it!!
Then by all means, I'd like to join you. Would you like some company? I am quite sure that you won't be lonely!

Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
It has been my observational experience that "they definately go to hell just prior to the divorce."I think it would be foolish for people to stay togeather for other than compatability. What is the point, life is so short. Too many people divorce multiple times for multiple reasons. If first you don't succeed try and try again. I was fortunate on the first try but have seen so many unhappy people that agonizingly prolonged certain divorce.Some people are too selfish and too stupid to be married no matter who the mate. Before divorce you should always ask yourself the question? What attracted me to that person in the first place and can that attraction be restored with the kind of communication that made it possible in the first place. If after try & try again this fails. Sign the papers as quickly as possible. Life is way...way...way...tooo short.
I'll agree with you in that, some people are too selfish to be married. But why would you say that some people are too stupid to be married? Isn't that a bit harsh? Just wanted to know. I'll have to say this, some people are too stupid to be parents. IMO

Old 04-27-2007, 11:53 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,589 times
I have been divorced before and soon to be again, but I would rather be happy then to live out a lie. If that makes me a bad person so be it. Life goes on.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:03 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I have been divorced before and soon to be again, but I would rather be happy then to live out a lie. If that makes me a bad person so be it. Life goes on.
Yorkie, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I only pointed out that the Bible says it makes you a bad person.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:25 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Yorkie, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I only pointed out that the Bible says it makes you a bad person.
I just want to say that some of us make mistakes and to that we are forgiven if we pray for our sins. I guess I will find out when the time comes if I will be in heaven or hell.
I am a very nice and respectful person outside of making a few mistakes, I have a big heart and would be there for anyone. If I am going to be judged by getting divorced it is sad, I sure wouldn't want to stay in a abusive marriage just to worry about heaven and hell.
Hell is living with the abuse, so it has to be heaven else where if you get the meaning. I guess I am in a fisty mood tonight, and I believe in sticking up for myself because no one else will.

Last edited by Yorkie_Mom; 04-28-2007 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: made mistakes, I am only human
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality